Reality check time

WCHusker

:rolleyes:

Right. Then help me get "the point."

"The point" is being realistic and coming to terms with the fact that it's quite possible that we get beat some more. Yes, we beat OU and everyone is high on that, but the fact remains that our offense STILL hasn't shown any improvement, so it's reasonable to to have doubts about winning out the rest of the season.

As the title of the thread states, it's a REALITY CHECK

No im suggesting that people bitch and moan soooo much about how we have no chance blah blah blah, what kind of husker fan are you, jesus you sound like the ku fans bashing reesing after having a few bad games, look at our offense last year with experience and leadership they were 12th ranked in scoring, we are young, give it time you impacient bandwagon fan.

This isn't fuckiing bandwagoning, ffs. No one has suggested that we have no chance of winning the rest of our games. It's being suggested that our offense still sucks (it does) and that they're relying entirely on the D to win games (they are) This thread is assessing the current situation (aka REALITY), and concluding that we can be beaten some more. It's nothing more than a realistic analysis of the current state of our team. That's it. The End.

Reading comprehension ftw

Yep, I agree that it's really that simple. The offense blows chunks the size of Alaska game after game after game. It's so ultra lame we easily could lose to anybody in the BigXII. A great defense can only carry you so far. It's silly in that to be a real fan one must "pretend" our offense could be corrected this year. That's just not going to happen.

Okay, that was a great win-a really great one(thank you defense. Now let's take a painful look at the big picture. Our offense sucks. They aren't "okay" or "alright".....they flat out S-U-C-K. Seven first downs vs. OU. An entire game-and SEVEN first downs. Less than two a quarter. That defines SUCK. There's only so much that an incredible defense can do, so don't get your hopes to high. That 5 interception gift that we got may have been the highlight of our season. Be happy with it, because there may not be many more gift wrapped like that baby.

Just some food for thought. We have a lot of young skill players who have had meaningful playing time in only two games. The last one being a huge game against the best defense they have ever seen in their brief time at this level of football. IMO these young guns will start to show up in the next three games which bodes well for this offense. I also believe our offensive line will get healthy if you will against the defenses they are about to face.

:snacks:

GBR

I would like to add a bit of different insight. For as ugly and bad that we have played at times, particularly the offense. We are potentially 4 plays away from being undefeated. That is kind of scary to think about.

1. NU vs VT - The holding call on Henry, i think, that negated the TD pass

2. TT vs NU - a. The lateral to Paul that they returned for a TD (potentially 14 point swing)

b. The pass from Green that was tipped and hit Gilliyen(sp?) in the stomach (my opinion that would have been a TD)

3. ISU vs NU - Could name any number of turnovers but I'll go with the Paul fumble when he was running free

Just a different take on things

You can have your 2 plays or your 4 plays and we could be undefeated to a one loss team. However, it still doesn't change the fact that our offense continues to struggle and continues to play awful. I'll still take this team over what we had with Clownahan any day of the week. Just like Saturday showed, a good/great defense will keep us in any game. When you get into trackmeets, you better hope your offense doesn't stub its toe.

You can have your 2 plays or your 4 plays and we could be undefeated to a one loss team. However, it still doesn't change the fact that our offense continues to struggle and continues to play awful. I'll still take this team over what we had with Clownahan any day of the week. Just like Saturday showed, a good/great defense will keep us in any game. When you get into trackmeets, you better hope your offense doesn't stub its toe.

I believe that I stated that they have been awful in my previous post. I was simply trying to cheer up some of the gloomers by looking at it from a different perspective.