Reality check time

WCHusker

Okay, that was a great win-a really great one(thank you defense. Now let's take a painful look at the big picture. Our offense sucks. They aren't "okay" or "alright".....they flat out S-U-C-K. Seven first downs vs. OU. An entire game-and SEVEN first downs. Less than two a quarter. That defines SUCK. There's only so much that an incredible defense can do, so don't get your hopes to high. That 5 interception gift that we got may have been the highlight of our season. Be happy with it, because there may not be many more gift wrapped like that baby.

Awww, come on. Let's at least wait til a loss to start being downcast?

For weeks we've needed SOMETHING to show us we can have hope for this team. We saw that last night. It was by no means pretty, but we won, and we have something (finally) to build on.

Let's just bask in that for a while. It's a nice, different feeling.

wow i hope we win the rest of the season out so you eat your words, just like all those who said we didnt have a chance against OU.

Are you suggesting that our offense doesn't completely suck, and that it relies entirely on the defense giving them ridiculously good field position and not allowing the other team to score more than 3 points in order to win?

Because that's exactly what's going on.

Because that's exactly what's going on.

Against Oklahoma.

So where have you been the past few weeks? Remember the loss to ISU? Remember the 1 TD we scored against Baylor?

The offense STINKS and completely relies on the defense to win games.

And the solution is? It's pretty easy to sit in the cheap seats and bitch and moan. What's the solution, Knute?

For some reason I can't help but feel a little encouraged because I think Helu might actually be back to healthy. To me he looked like the Roy we saw against VaTech. This offense is a lot different with a healthy Helu.

Maybe its because I'm a glass half-full type of guy, maybe its just because his adrenaline was was pumping at an all-time high because it was Oklahoma... I dunno.

All I can say is its been a long time since I've seen him do this:

helujump-1.jpg

No im suggesting that people bitch and moan soooo much about how we have no chance blah blah blah, what kind of husker fan are you, jesus you sound like the ku fans bashing reesing after having a few bad games, look at our offense last year with experience and leadership they were 12th ranked in scoring, we are young, give it time you impacient bandwagon fan.

For some reason I can't help but feel a little encouraged because I think Helu might actually be back to healthy. To me he looked like the Roy we saw against VaTech. This offense is a lot different with a healthy Helu.

Maybe its because I'm a glass half-full type of guy, maybe its just because his adrenaline was was pumping at an all-time high because it was Oklahoma... I dunno.

helujump-1.jpg

:yeah Luckily, he did not end up like Cal's Best...

Keep your feet on the ground Roy, we just got you healthy dude

GBR

helujump-1.jpg

me and my brother we saying before the year that the hurdle is his "signature" move, but like you said it's been awhile.