Reality check time

WCHusker

I saw some encouraging signs on offense, particularily our run game with the fullback. I think our receivers will be able to get a little separation against other secondaries. OU's is solid. With that said, Nebraska needs to strap it on this weekend for KU.

I agree. A healthy Helu only needs a small crease and that fullback helped saturday...

I was one that was on the boat that we were going to get killed. I predicted 45-3 in OU's favor, because i thought we would 3 and out so much our defense would never get any rest. Which did end up happening but they were able to get turnovers when we needed it most. Without getting the TO's we did there is no way we win that game, very similar to the ISU game for us. I still think we got lucky, but i will take it anyway we can get it. OU is certainly not the same OU they have been in recent past and we still have some tough sledding ahead of us. Our defense is going to have to show up like they did Saturday night for the rest of the year in order for us to win out. This season is at a tipping point. I feel like we could win out just as easily as we could loose out. This is going to get interesting the next few weeks.

Not too impressed with the Kansas or Colorado defenses. We *might* see a return of the offense we had vs. the Sun Belt teams. I know that Baylor's defense was weak too, but that was Green's first start so it's not surprising we didn't do a lot that game.

Hopefully we'll never have the turnovers we had against ISU again. The offense moved the ball well that game.

KSU will be a bit tougher but nothing like OU. If our offense regains some life vs. KU I like our chances in this game. Otherwise it's a toss-up at best. I can't see KSU putting many points up.

Realistically, 2 wins are very likely, 3 wins are very possible. IMO the most likely chances, in order, are 2-1, 3-0, 1-2, then 0-3 being very unlikely.

We'd be huge underdogs vs. Texas if we get there. It will take another great defensive effort, a few breaks, and a better offense effort to beat them. If anyone says we have no chance at all, they should wear pink and watch the OU game over and over again.

The bowl game, let's see who we wind up with.

For some reason I can't help but feel a little encouraged because I think Helu might actually be back to healthy. To me he looked like the Roy we saw against VaTech. This offense is a lot different with a healthy Helu.

Maybe its because I'm a glass half-full type of guy, maybe its just because his adrenaline was was pumping at an all-time high because it was Oklahoma... I dunno.

All I can say is its been a long time since I've seen him do this:

helujump-1.jpg

It was great to see the old Helu again, I hope he can stay healthy for the remaining of the year.

Because that's exactly what's going on.

Against Oklahoma.

So where have you been the past few weeks? Remember the loss to ISU? Remember the 1 TD we scored against Baylor?

The offense STINKS and completely relies on the defense to win games.

And the solution is? It's pretty easy to sit in the cheap seats and bitch and moan. What's the solution, Knute?

But it easy to blame the refs for the lack of holding calls against the defense? <_<

Against Oklahoma.

So where have you been the past few weeks? Remember the loss to ISU? Remember the 1 TD we scored against Baylor?

And the solution is? It's pretty easy to sit in the cheap seats and bitch and moan. What's the solution, Knute?

But it easy to blame the refs for the lack of holding calls against the defense? <_<

:snacks:

Against Oklahoma.

:yeah

I still think if Helu stays healthy we'll have no problem winning out unless we turn it over like we did in the ISU game. Robinson is a good backup to Helu, and both can help chip away the clock, let our defense rest, and get some good yardage. A pass play here and there will succeed. We have faced by far the best defenses we will all year (until we play Texas) and I'm pretty optimistic from here on out.

I don't know why you're so upset at everyone in this thread. I completely agree with you about this, and I think several others do, too. The only caveat I'm offering is, we sucked mighty royally against OU, the best defense we're likely to face the rest of the year, Big XII Championship and bowl game included. That's a good unit, and as much as we suck, they contributed to that sucking a LOT.

You may not have read my posts, but I was one of the people saying we had no chance to beat OU. Lots of people were. So you're not alone in your upset over this offense.

I'm not upset with everyone in this thread, I'm just annoyed at all the people who start crying BANDWAGON FAN and this and that anytime we take a realistic look at the team. And I understand that OU has a good defense, but our offense has looked like crap against lesser teams as well, so it's really hard to have much faith in what they can accomplish.

I fully beleive that we can win the rest of our games this season. That being said, I also think it's very possible that we lose 1 or 2 of them.

I'm not upset with everyone in this thread, I'm just annoyed at all the people who start crying BANDWAGON FAN and this and that anytime we take a realistic look at the team. And I understand that OU has a good defense, but our offense has looked like crap against lesser teams as well, so it's really hard to have much faith in what they can accomplish.

Well, then you and I have nothing to argue about, because I'm pissed about that "bandwagon fan" crap, too. And our offense. So...

Cheers! ! :)

Sure our offense is having some serious problems right now, but with Roy being hurt that obviously doesn't help the situation. When does Burkhead come back at the earliest? That will obviously help with some of our issues and Robinson has been running okay so he can help ease the burden on these two if it's needed. I don't know how KSUcks defense is, but KU's and CU's defenses aren't very good at all. I'm not worried about their offenses given how our defense has been playing.