Kansas is going to be a tough game

knapplc

At this point in the season I don't know if I even want to see our offense try to open up. It's pretty clear that we are not going to suddenly become a decent offense capable of scoring 25-30 points on a decent defense. So, as bland as the I-tight pound pound pound offensive strategy was against OU, it might be our best chance to win every game from here on out. Occasionally take a shot deep to Paul if the safety creeps up, and try a playaction to McNeill a few times... that'd be nice. But other than that, if we can avoid costly turnovers and fumbles, I wouldn't mind seeing Helu and Robinson combine for 50 carries. I doubt it works against Texas, but I could settle for 3-1 and North champs.

At this point in the season I don't know if I even want to see our offense try to open up. It's pretty clear that we are not going to suddenly become a decent offense capable of scoring 25-30 points on a decent defense. So, as bland as the I-tight pound pound pound offensive strategy was against OU, it might be our best chance to win every game from here on out. Occasionally take a shot deep to Paul if the safety creeps up, and try a playaction to McNeill a few times... that'd be nice. But other than that, if we can avoid costly turnovers and fumbles, I wouldn't mind seeing Helu and Robinson combine for 50 carries. I doubt it works against Texas, but I could settle for 3-1 and North champs.

That sounds reasonable to me. Forget passing/option plays/etc......with this offense it is courting disaster.

Yeah, the more I think about it for "this year" your post sounds like the smart money to me.

KU is the suck! they've given up 30+ points to everyone but ksux (in a loss). this should be a get-well game for the big red O. huskers roll...35-10

KU is the suck!

okaaaaay. :wacko:

not real sure what ya mean there. :dunno

or that I want to.

but I do agree with this part:

this should be a get-well game for the big red O

easy win this week. :)

I have faith that our defense will keep their offense in check. What will kill us is if we have turnovers on our own end, or a pass that is run all the way back. I don't have faith that our offense can score against anyone at this point. Bottom line, the defense has to come up with another gem, and will have to at K-State and CU also for us to win. This offense is totally impotent at this point.

I am not going to bet against us again...because I am trying to be positive about our chances...

I have been dreading this game all year. I know this one will be tough to pull out a win on the road. Kansas has got some gamers in Reesing, Briscoe, Meier, and Sharp...these guys are smart veterans and will be competing all day against our defense and sadly if we get behind, we may not be able to catch up (see Texas Tech loss). If Kansas gets 20 points, they can win it. That's the thing now...our defense has to play mistake free football to win. This was unreal vs. OU but I don't expect us to never give up a big play rest of the year. We need to put some scores up on Kansas.

I am not putting my score up in the prediction contest right now because I don't like it right now. We get all amped up after beating OU but 10 points will not beat Kansas at their place. Major trap game to bring us down to earth. Hope this doesn't happen. Need some :koolaid2: to put my prediction up later in the contest forum. We need to finally get that game where we bust out and put it all together on offense against a B12 opponent...like 4th qtr vs. Mizzou...but little did we know Mizzou is back to garbage this year! :lol:

ackbar.jpg

somebody should ask this guy...

With our O struggling so much I wouldn't be penciling-in W's with any of our remaining opponents. We really need a step in the right direction this Saturday, put a couple nice long scoring-drives together and finish the job when we hit the redzone. I'd like to score 20pts that aren't defense or ST's aided. If we then get a cheapie score off D/ST's we'll be in good shape as long as we can avoid turnovers.