Kansas is going to be a tough game

knapplc

If there's anything we should all know, no games are going to be easy this season.

I'm still enjoying the OU victory, but I enjoyed the MU victory for a whole week and look where that got me.

We could very well lose to Kansas this week if the team doesn't handle itself properly and stay grounded. I bet Kansas is angry. Hungry. Underdog. The exact kind of situation that saw us beating Oklahoma. These kinds of opponents are always dangerous, especially when they're still talented. I mean, KU is talented. What the heck happened with Reesing? I'm still shocked that they're talking about benching this guy.

I have seen nothing from our offense that would lead me to believe we will score 28 points. I have also seen nothing to lead me to think they will score 10 on the defense. They are predominately a passing team and there O-Line is as follows

RT - 72 Tanner Hawkinson, 6-6/285, RS FR (RS)

LG - 59 Sal Capra, 6-3/292, JR (1L)

C - 77 Jeremiah Hatch, 6-3/311, SO (1L)

RG - 69 Trevor Marrongelli, 6-4/285, RS FR (RS)

RT - 76 Brad Thorson, 6-3/290, JR (1L)

They have three returning OL. Of the three only one started every game. (#77 Jeremiah Hatch) Hatch actually didn't play center last year he traded off between LT and RT. This is very young line with a freshmen looking to line up against Suh.

I have seen nothing from our offense that would lead me to believe we will score 28 points. I have also seen nothing to lead me to think they will score 10 on the defense. They are predominately a passing team and there O-Line is as follows

RT - 72 Tanner Hawkinson, 6-6/285, RS FR (RS)

LG - 59 Sal Capra, 6-3/292, JR (1L)

C - 77 Jeremiah Hatch, 6-3/311, SO (1L)

RG - 69 Trevor Marrongelli, 6-4/285, RS FR (RS)

RT - 76 Brad Thorson, 6-3/290, JR (1L)

They have three returning OL. Of the three only one started every game. (#77 Jeremiah Hatch) Hatch actually didn't play center last year he traded off between LT and RT. This is very young line with a freshmen looking to line up against Suh.

Before the season started there was a lot of discussion about the youth on Kansas' O Line. They were picked by some to win the North, and they have the offensive skill players to do it, but without a solid O Line a lot of us were wondering where Kansas' offensive production would come from.

If they can keep us off of Reesing for four seconds per snap they'll win this game. If not... we have a really good shot.

I agree that tempered enthusiasm needs to be exercised, because if NU loses this one, then the win against OU is essentially neutralized. Nebraska needs this game, then the KSU and CU games will decide the North champ.

We can lose to KU and beat KSU and CU and be the north champs.

KU's offensive line and defense isn't very good. That said, our offense isn't very good. However, Helu is that spark we needed on offense and he adds another dimension to our offense (namely the dimension of moving the ball). I think he takes some pressure off whoever the QB is, and sets up some nice play action.

It will probably be close, especially early on, but I see Nebraska running off with this one late in the third quarter or possibly early fourth quarter. If our offense can just put up some points, we should be okay.

I don't think we have any easy games left, to be honest. Part of it is because of our struggling offense, but KU is still a pretty decent team, KSU has upped their play, and CU almost always plays us tough. I'd love to win out and get a shot at Texas, though. I'd like to see how our defense would match up against them.