Open field tackling

NUance

Nobody thinks calling Sooners or their fans "_______ Hillbillies" is funny.

FYI. <_<

Oh yeah? Well I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings, or the feelings of any of your OU Spooner buddies. I wouldn’t want to make any of you cry or anything.

Do you actually know any Sooner fans? I am not talking about the kindly old grayhairs who custom order their Depends adult diapers in OU Crimson & Cream. I mean the rabid fanatical troglodyte mouthbreathers who spend gameday screaming obscenities and hurling insults. If you spent much time with them—the rabid troglodytes, not the grayhairs—then you wouldn’t be tripping over your skirt to be so kind to them. You would use the term Friggin Hillbillies. And you would think it’s funny.

btw, do you actually have any opinion on the open field tackling in the Oklahoma Sooners game? Or were you posting in this thread just to pose as a dignified, classy, corn-cob-up-the-butt, Husker fan?

Easy there...Knappy is a good guy. I know a lot of OU fans and they are all good people. We just talk about our teams, drink some beers, and have a good time. So they aren't all bad and yeah these are younger OU fans. All teams, even us, have their fans that need to be slapped around and learn some respect towards others.

Our open field tackling is awesome right now though. How about Gomes...I really wish we had more time with that kid. Same with Dillard. He is bringing the physical nature to our LB's that I just wasn't seeing from our younger guys, but give them time and they will be able to wreak havoc.

FYI. <_<

Oh yeah? Well I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings, or the feelings of any of your OU Spooner buddies. I wouldn’t want to make any of you cry or anything.

Do you actually know any Sooner fans? I am not talking about the kindly old grayhairs who custom order their Depends adult diapers in OU Crimson & Cream. I mean the rabid fanatical troglodyte mouthbreathers who spend gameday screaming obscenities and hurling insults. If you spent much time with them—the rabid troglodytes, not the grayhairs—then you wouldn’t be tripping over your skirt to be so kind to them. You would use the term Friggin Hillbillies. And you would think it’s funny.

btw, do you actually have any opinion on the open field tackling in the Oklahoma Sooners game? Or were you posting in this thread just to pose as a dignified, classy, corn-cob-up-the-butt, Husker fan?

All I can say is :facepalm:

Now about the tackling. It has been simply amazing to watch!!! Maybe the defensive coaches can teach some technique to the offensive line :LOLtartar . God knows Cotton sure isn't.

FYI. <_<

Chillax-ilate-ify brah :snacks:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Don't lose it for us. But yes we did have some very good looking open field tackles against some of their best players (Murray).

Dillard's play on Brown in the 2nd Qtr was probably one of the best textbook open field tackles I've seen from the Huskers D since the 90's.

I thought Dillard played like it was his last chance at getting into the NFL. He's been playing very good the past few weeks. If he continues this trend the remainder of the year, I think he's got a great shot at playing on Sundays. I just wonder what happened to make the light bulb turn on?

I'm sure it had a lot to do with the demotion. He really seams to be playing like a guy who has been given a second chance and is taking full advantage of it. He also seems to be in better shape, he looks so much faster this year.

FYI. <_<

The tackling has been good. :corndance

Classic response!!! Love it! chuckleshuffle

Hi Gang -

We were rafting on the Rogue River in southern OR over the weekend and just got to watch the NU-OU game via DVR. GBR! Thank god we recruited SUH out of Grant High in Portland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never in my life have I seen NU tackle as well in the open field!

Not in the mid 90's, never! You folks who are complaining about the coaching staff need to remember this current group of coaches has the ability to teach this most difficult of tasks. Part hustle, part meanness, part technique, part luck, but you make your own luck in this game - we have the real McCoy in this group of defensive coaches. This is what we have lacked for many, many years. This defense runs for the entire play - what a change from two years ago! How many times have we seen down linemen make a tackle on the opposite side 12 yards downstream! Excellent!!!! SSSSSUUUUUUHHHH!!!!!!

Offense - I don't understand. We could score on anybody two years ago - just couldn't score as fast as they could........ Cotton has got to get more out of these kids - penalties and lack of effort.

My 2 cents. I think we should stick with Cody Green. Our offense will not work without a QB that can run. We pretty much run the Oregon offense. Take a look at the Oregon Offense - two weeks ago they drove USC crazy with a QB that would pull back into the pocket and then run for 10+yards - design play or chased out of the pocket. This is our future with an option or two thrown into the mix and play action passes. Spread the defense until they have to defend on every play with only one guy - who can or cannot tackle in the open field......... I hope Cody Green can run this type of game!!!

I believe we are headed back into the Glory. We can be some pretty tough mothers with this defense!

Go Big Red

RiverRunner