For all you complaining about Memorial Stadium

I know there are a lot of complaints regarding the "blue hairs" at Memorial Stadium telling people to sit down. Well, I attended the Gophers vs. Illinois game this past weekend and I was completely shocked with the atmosphere. The new stadium (The Bank) is nice and quaint. Pretty small, but they are back on campus which is huge for the U. The student section was pretty much empty!!! My tickets were in the upper deck...after jumping around all of the other seats that were open we were sent up. We ended sitting by a good mix of fans (age wise)...some young and some "blue hairs". It was amazing how often they told us to sit down...and this was only on big plays (3rd downs, big runs/passes). For the most part, the entire stadium was sitting and would only get loud every once in a great while....when they were passing out t-shirts! The kicker was this, we got a Gyro at halftime and thought we could stand, eat, and stretch our legs out when all of sudden some of the people were yelling at us to sit down and if we didn't they were going to get security. We turned around and said it was halftime and there was nothing to see.....we were sadly mistaken when they snipped back that they wanted to watch the BAND...oh yes, the BAND!!!!! By the time the band left the field, they left their seats....I could not believe they paid money to come to a FOOTBALL game and then left after the band was done playing. I know this is common in high school, b/c it happened all of the time with my HS, but this is first for me.

So my point to this long rant, Memorial is not near as bad as the brand new stadium here in MN. The Husker fans are more into the game then the Goofs fans and actually enjoy watching football. I was embarrassed and I am not even a Gophers fan!!! This makes me proud to be a Husker!!!!

:boxosoap:boxosoap:rant:rant

I was hoping for some more positive and thankful posts in this thread.

I think we all take for granted how great we have it as Husker fans big time. Sure, our fans could be louder, our sound system could be better, whatever, we still get to play and watch games in one of the five best stadiums in the country.

I was hoping for some more positive and thankful posts in this thread.

I think we all take for granted how great we have it as Husker fans big time. Sure, our fans could be louder, our sound system could be better, whatever, we still get to play and watch games in one of the five best stadiums in the country.

Exactly. Saturday's crowd was great. And Bo even pointed out that the crowd hasn't been outstanding most of the year. But everyone should be proud of our stadium and fans. I'd like to hear what other people thought of the atmosphere... Definitely one of my favorites.