Why Lee will start in 2 days

Travis9

Lee will start against OU. I think. lol

I think you have to start Lee. The coaches have a responsibility to keep the morale of the players up. It has been said that Zac did a great job coming off of the bench and people like him in that role. Great but those ideas almost scream that we know Cody is going to need "relieved" at some point so why start a guy that we know is going to have to be pulled.

Also, Lee was on the field when we beat OU and he played well coming off of the bench, but do we know he would again. After beating OU and handling or managing the offense the way he did to get it done, sitting him on the bench to start the next game would have a greater chance of demoralizing him that motivating him.

It is a fact that most athletes at most levels want to play. This is not baseball where the relievers or closers are an integral part of the game, this is football obviously and in football, most cases there is not the use of a reliever so to speak.

I truly think if everyone would sit back and take the likes and dislikes of any of the given QB's out of the equation, they would come to the same conclusion which is

our Offense is not so good with either QB, BUT, our Defense is great and we need an offense that doesn't lose us games but is managed in such a way that it minimizes mistakes and capitalizes on the mistakes the other teams make because of our defense.

When you add that up, i truly believe that there isn't any option other than Lee.

Does he run as well as Cody, no

Does he pass as well as Cody, yes or at least equal

but MOST IMPORTANTLY, he gets us into the right plays and the right calls a vast majority of the time and much more so than Green and right now with our offense and the state is in, that is key

I think you have to start Lee. The coaches have a responsibility to keep the morale of the players up. It has been said that Zac did a great job coming off of the bench and people like him in that role. Great but those ideas almost scream that we know Cody is going to need "relieved" at some point so why start a guy that we know is going to have to be pulled.

Also, Lee was on the field when we beat OU and he played well coming off of the bench, but do we know he would again. After beating OU and handling or managing the offense the way he did to get it done, sitting him on the bench to start the next game would have a greater chance of demoralizing him that motivating him.

It is a fact that most athletes at most levels want to play. This is not baseball where the relievers or closers are an integral part of the game, this is football obviously and in football, most cases there is not the use of a reliever so to speak.

I truly think if everyone would sit back and take the likes and dislikes of any of the given QB's out of the equation, they would come to the same conclusion which is

our Offense is not so good with either QB, BUT, our Defense is great and we need an offense that doesn't lose us games but is managed in such a way that it minimizes mistakes and capitalizes on the mistakes the other teams make because of our defense.

When you add that up, i truly believe that there isn't any option other than Lee.

but MOST IMPORTANTLY, he gets us into the right plays and the right calls a vast majority of the time and much more so than Green and right now with our offense and the state is in, that is key

First i would like to state that i really think i could have done what Lee did at QB on saturday. Yes he managed the offense BLAH BLAH BLAH, but half of us on this board could have handed it off to the HB and made the completions he did.

Second, the thing that irks me about Lee is how he gets so scared in the pocket. They should just let SUH hit him fullout in practice one time, so he knows that no hit will hurt worse than that one the rest of his life. I wouldnt have a problem with Lee if he didnt look so scared. Atleast Green steps up in the pocket like a Pro would.

Third, Lee shouldnt even be playing D1 ball. For years we havent been able to land a quality QB with the exception of Green, and i am a firm believer that Lee will never be capable to play at this level. The Sunbelt Conference might be his best choice if he ever makes it.

The coaches should rotate the two in and out during the game or atleast the second half of this game. If they use Lee, we really wont win out the rest of the season. I stand by that. He may not throw as many picks but when he gets sacked, its like a turnover for this team anyway..

I'm thinking Green will start and then get pulled. :dunno Lets make a wager and then pull it up on the DVR and see. :)

First i would like to state that i really think i could have done what Lee did at QB on saturday. Yes he managed the offense BLAH BLAH BLAH, but half of us on this board could have handed it off to the HB and made the completions he did.

Second, the thing that irks me about Lee is how he gets so scared in the pocket. They should just let SUH hit him fullout in practice one time, so he knows that no hit will hurt worse than that one the rest of his life. I wouldnt have a problem with Lee if he didnt look so scared. Atleast Green steps up in the pocket like a Pro would.

Third, Lee shouldnt even be playing D1 ball. For years we havent been able to land a quality QB with the exception of Green, and i am a firm believer that Lee will never be capable to play at this level. The Sunbelt Conference might be his best choice if he ever makes it.

The coaches should rotate the two in and out during the game or atleast the second half of this game. If they use Lee, we really wont win out the rest of the season. I stand by that. He may not throw as many picks but when he gets sacked, its like a turnover for this team anyway..

And you know that Green "steps up like a pro" based on his 59 passes he has attempted. Since we can judge everything on that i will wade in

I will surmise using the info at hand the same info you think is enough to make your judgements.

1. He has thrown a pick once every 29.5 attempts

2. His completion percentage is 55.9%

3. His efficiency rating is 105.47

COMAPARED TO LEE

1. He has thrown a pick once every 34.3 attempts

2. His completion percentage is 59.7%

3. His efficiency rating is 132.51

If you looked at this and didn't know the players you would want to play player #2

Before you personally come back with the argument of Lee has had more time and more plays JUST REMEMBER it was you that said Green steps up like a pro blah blah blah. Therefore it was you that felt we could justify Green as a QB based on sample size not me. I am just running with it.

Before you also try to throw out that Green is a better runner so that makes up for this PLEASE REMEMBER that 82 of Greens 143 rushing yards have come in MOP UP duty late in the game against poor teams and their 2nd and sometimes 3rd string defenses WHICH I WANT TO POINT OUT is one of the things used to bash Lee (all his success comes against Sun-Belt teams) which it appears so did most of Cody's rushing prowess

Finally I want to stress again, that you are the person that felt the sample size for Cody was enough to use in an argument so I am only following your lead

:facepalm: So you and half the people out here could have completed 5 or 9 passes with 1 TD against the OU defense? :bs: I say not one person on this board, in front of 85,000 people, a national TV audience, against the OU defense could have made that TD throw or any of the other throws that were made. Cody Green wasn’t making any throws and he is the “savior”. :ahhhhhhhh:moreinteresting

Just because the throws can be made on NCAA 2010 doesn’t mean they can be made in REAL LIFE. :koolaid2:

For years we havent been able to land a quality QB with the exception of Green

I was wondering what you base “landing a quality QB” off of. :dunno If you go by Rivals rankings then in 2002 Curt Dukes was a 4 star (#9 Dual Threat), 2005 Harrison Beck was a 4 Star (#3 Pro Style – RR 5.9), in 2007 Zac Lee was a 4 Star (RR – 5.9) and in 2009 Cody Green was a 4 Star (#6 Dual Threat – RR 5.8). So if you base “landing a quality QB” off of Rivals recruiting rankings then Dukes was similar to Green and going off of their Rivals Ranking (RR) Beck and Lee were better signees.

DISCLAIMER: Star rankings are not an exact science nor do I claim them to be. I only posted them as a reference point in conjunction with the statement “landing a quality QB”. I was confused on the criteria, I didn’t know if it was recruiting sites or if it was based off of mediocre play against mediocre teams, because really these are the only two things we have to try and base an opinion on the GREATNESS THAT IS CODY GREEN.

And you know that Green "steps up like a pro" based on his 59 passes he has attempted. Since we can judge everything on that i will wade in

I will surmise using the info at hand the same info you think is enough to make your judgements.

1. He has thrown a pick once every 29.5 attempts

2. His completion percentage is 55.9%

3. His efficiency rating is 105.47

COMAPARED TO LEE

1. He has thrown a pick once every 34.3 attempts

2. His completion percentage is 59.7%

3. His efficiency rating is 132.51

If you looked at this and didn't know the players you would want to play player #2

Before you personally come back with the argument of Lee has had more time and more plays JUST REMEMBER it was you that said Green steps up like a pro blah blah blah. Therefore it was you that felt we could justify Green as a QB based on sample size not me. I am just running with it.

Before you also try to throw out that Green is a better runner so that makes up for this PLEASE REMEMBER that 82 of Greens 143 rushing yards have come in MOP UP duty late in the game against poor teams and their 2nd and sometimes 3rd string defenses WHICH I WANT TO POINT OUT is one of the things used to bash Lee (all his success comes against Sun-Belt teams) which it appears so did most of Cody's rushing prowess

Finally I want to stress again, that you are the person that felt the sample size for Cody was enough to use in an argument so I am only following your lead

Maybe. You have to remember though that Lee's stats are far worse if you take out his passing stats against Sun Belt teams. If I get time today I'll find the stats either in conference or against conference foes and VaTech. If you're going to tear down Green's running stats against Sun Belt teams you have to do the same for Lee's passing stats.

Carlfense, I agree, and they are significantly different against so called "real" opponents.

I should have put them in their as well but i was simply defending the Cody is better than Zac premise.

The facts are that neither is very good right now.

What bothers me the most is that if you take this year out and go back over the last 2 years of journalistic reporting you will see multiple times where it is said that Lee isn't ready yet because he doesn't know the plays and because HE HAS A GUNSLINGER MENTALITY AND TAKES TOO MANY CHANCES

what bothers me is where has that gone. what took that out of him. i would love to see him go out take snaps and have a gunslinger mentality.

i wish i knew or you knew or anyone knew where that mentality went.

Finally, Lee has been far worse against BCS teams than the Sun-Belt teams but the truth always lies somewhere in the middle. and although they are sunbelt teams he has looked damned good at times against them throwing short, intermediate, and long balls.

unfortunately the biggest problem with Lee is a complete lack of confidence not talent

but the idea of switching qbs to spark the offense was a bust too....Green needs time to understand Wats complex crap...Lee is not playing well, but understands better what Wats calls......if that is possible.

as someone said earlier, Ganz audibled out of Wats crappy calls so much that he made him actually look good....Lee runs the play as called for the most part and the defense seems read Wats' mind.

meantime the O line and others are shuffling their feet like a nervous slut at a high school prom.

Everyone can just relax with the QB talk. The fact of the matter is that we have below average QB play with two QBs.

Lee just looks scared. He doesn't lose the games for us, but he does very little to help us win. He's afraid of contact, he's not accurate at short to intermediate passes (his strength is long bombs down the field), and has no pocket presence.

Green is inexperienced and cannot read defenses for the life of him. He's very inaccurate when it comes to throwing any type of ball, and he still needs time to learn Watson's crap that he calls an offensive playbook.

If we are going to do well the rest of the year, we have to line up and run straight ahead because that is what our o-line is good at. None of the stretch plays toward the sideline or option runs. Sprinkle in some play action passes with Lee, and hopefully he can throw a decent ball every once in a while.

That's my take.

Ganz audibled out of Wats crappy calls so much that he made him actually look good....Lee runs the play as called for the most part and the defense seems read Wats' mind.

I’m pretty sure Watson probably gave/gives the QB the plays to check into if the one called isn’t there. Unless people want us to go to what OU, OSU, Mizzou, or Baylor do were they wait for the defense to line-up before calling in a play this isn’t going to change. I highly doubt any QB has free rein to call whatever like they are Manning, Brady, or Big Ben.