I want the Husker game....need help

Apathy

Admins and Mods I know that this is in the wrong forum but I placed this here to get anybodies attention and I appologize in advanced if this is wrong.

I have Dish Network and unfortunatly I'm in the upper Northeast corner of Nebraska so I have to suffer with the Ohio State/Hawkeye game thru Sioux City's service. I've heard of people changing something on the reciever so they can watch Husker games thru Omaha's service but I don't know if they were just pulling my leg or if in fact its really true. If its wrong for me posting this than go ahead and delete it or lock it up but if anybody has an answer could you PM me so I can watch the Huskers on TV.

I will not be watching it live because I'll be hunting but would like to record it and watch it after I get my deer. Thank you

Admins and Mods I know that this is in the wrong forum but I placed this here to get anybodies attention and I appologize in advanced if this is wrong.

I have Dish Network and unfortunatly I'm in the upper Northeast corner of Nebraska so I have to suffer with the Ohio State/Hawkeye game thru Sioux City's service. I've heard of people changing something on the reciever so they can watch Husker games thru Omaha's service but I don't know if they were just pulling my leg or if in fact its really true. If its wrong for me posting this than go ahead and delete it or lock it up but if anybody has an answer could you PM me so I can watch the Huskers on TV.

I will not be watching it live because I'll be hunting but would like to record it and watch it after I get my deer. Thank you

I don't think this will help you for this Saturday, however; this is what my brother in Norfolk has done. He has Dish Network, but uses my parents Lincoln address. He is set up on automatic payments, so my parents don't have to mess around with the monthly statements. I would contact your local Dish guy to ask them for advice. You may be able to just call Dish and do a change of address. You may be able to get the Omaha and Lincoln local stations rather than Sioux City's.

Good luck.

here is an idea... find someone on the board with a sling box who gets the game locally and who will let you view it over the internet.. might not be legal, but technically feasible.

Does anyone know if you can DVR a PPV event as in ESPN Gameplan?

I have recorded the Husker PPVs this season, no problem

here is an idea... find someone on the board with a sling box who gets the game locally and who will let you view it over the internet.. might not be legal, but technically feasible.

Ok I will give it a go then. Thanks!

Ok I will give it a go then. Thanks!

Yeah. All of the PPV games from earlier this season are alive and well on my DVR. I always think I'll go back and watch them, but never do. If we don't score another offensive touchdown this year, I may turn on the LouLaf game to see the fireworks though.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I've talked to my cousin who lives in Omaha and he thinks that I have to call Dish Network to see if I can switch to the Omaha stations but I'll probably have to give Dish Network his address and stuff in order for it to work.

I would go to a bar and watch it but I will be deer hunting tomorrow since its the opening day of rifle season in Nebraska. I'm hoping that I get my deer before kickoff so I can watch the game. Hell I just my shot the first thing that walks by so I can make it home in time for the game :lol: