Zac Lee

mitch7

Would have liked a few more play action passes and he had a couple of balls that he threw poorly .......the option pass to Paul should have been a TD, but Lee went to the wrong shoulder and could have cost us the game.......with that said, he MANAGED the game very well. Great decisions and played a smart game. That is the reason he is starting (IMO). He made a few very good runs today that helped us out.

No doubt that Lee should start the rest of the season, but it is nice that Green is pushing every week. Keeps everyone improving.

Zac managed the game great today. It seems that Was told Lee to run if he had the chance. I am proud of the kid!

Managed the game awesome. Thought it was awesome to see him move well on his feet... hopefully he'll be able to build on that and not be afraid to make some plays with his feet.. Very happy for Zac today.

He needs to run in a straight line to do well. That's really his thing...he has decent speed and mobility, but he's not any kind of running threat unless he's got a straight shot up the field. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with it. That puts him in the same category as a lot of other QB's. It was nice to see him pull it down and run when he had the lanes this game, no question.

Lee seemed to not do all those things that drove me crazy watching him the past few games. He actually tucked the ball and ran when it made sense. He didn't panic and fall apart when he was getting a little pressure; he was more accurate, and he just showed a lot more poise than he has recently. Hopefully he will get enough confidence in himself over the next two games where he won't wilt against the Texas defense (if we play them). He's got the tools, but Zac Lee's biggest enemy has been Zac Lee. Here's to hoping he's turning a corner in the confidence department. :thumbs

Well, one has to question what more you want from Watson?

Let's start with he didn't call a perfect game. Nobody ever does. But people wanted more TE usage and we saw some of that. People have wanted more power running and we've seen that. We've gone away from the WR screens. He's moving the pocket some with bootlegs. We're now seeing more play action.

This is essentially what everyone who has hated Watson has been screaming for. I still don't believe the offense's problem is actually Watson, but good lord, what else can the man do to satisfy you?

The offense is young. We lost a lot of good talent last year (a lot of talent that was taken for granted by many of us at the start of this season...now we're really missing them). We have had serious issues at basically every position on offense. Watson seems to have been moving in the right direction and looks to be settling on something that will work for us.

I mean...well, whatever. It's just mind-boggling.

This is essentially what everyone who has hated Watson has been screaming for. I still don't believe the offense's problem is actually Watson, but good lord, what else can the man do to satisfy you?

:blink:

I'd like to note we also took shots downfield with a really surprising level of success, in my view.

Fans always, always harp on OCs for playcalling because they think they know better. Boo hoo. That's why OCs have a career out of it and we call our plays on Madden.

:blink:

I'd like to note we also took shots downfield with a really surprising level of success, in my view.

Fans always, always harp on OCs for playcalling because they think they know better. Boo hoo. That's why OCs have a career out of it and we call our plays on Madden.

Yes, that's a good point, the downfield shots. And some throws on first down, too, which is something I really wanted to see.

I was very happy to see the TE involved and the passes down field, way down field. I was telling myself, 'yeah Wats, use what you have.' Loved the play calling.

Good point. I too was very happy to see McNeil get involved. This is one thing that puzzles me about Wats sometimes. He seems so set in his ways... Like he is determined not to play his strengths and keep stubbornly trying to call plays that may work great with different players, but not with our current system. But we won... all that matters. GBR. Great game by Zac. I can honestly say I did not see any "WTF!?" throws this week. 1st time in a while.