CU coach next year

kansas husker

If he turned the CU program into a consistent national contender the amount, no matter how much, that CU would pay him would we worth it. If he got the team to that level the increase in revenue would be much greater than what Shanahan would make.

The problem is . . . if you don't have the money . . . you don't have the money. CU might be there. I'm not sure how banks feel about loaning millions for a dice roll on a football coach. Hopefully someone who knows more about the situation chimes in.

If he turned the CU program into a consistent national contender the amount, no matter how much, that CU would pay him would we worth it. If he got the team to that level the increase in revenue would be much greater than what Shanahan would make.

The problem is . . . if you don't have the money . . . you don't have the money. CU might be there. I'm not sure how banks feel about loaning millions for a dice roll on a football coach. Hopefully someone who knows more about the situation chimes in.

And you can't make any guarantees that he'd turn them into a consistent national contender.

And you can't make any guarantees that he'd turn them into a consistent national contender.

Agreed, but I would sure damn well like my chances!!!!

Agreed, but I would sure damn well like my chances!!!!

Well I for one think that Mike Bohn should honor Hawkins’ contract and keep him in place for a couple of more years. It would be the right thing to do.

And CU would continue to suck ass. heh, heh, heh. :nutz

In a live chat today, ESPN's Bruce Feldman said the name Jon Embree has been told to him by a few people.

Embree was a tight end at CU and then with the LA Rams. He's currently the tight ends coach for the Chiefs.

Yeah I am not sure about Embree though, I know he would try and bring back Bienemy as well but I am not sold on bringing back former legends as a way to rebuild. Certainly Urban Meyer was no Florida guy and look at what he has done?

In a live chat today, ESPN's Bruce Feldman said the name Jon Embree has been told to him by a few people.

Embree was a tight end at CU and then with the LA Rams. He's currently the tight ends coach for the Chiefs.

Yeah I am not sure about Embree though, I know he would try and bring back Bienemy as well but I am not sold on bringing back former legends as a way to rebuild. Certainly Urban Meyer was no Florida guy and look at what he has done?

Maybe that's what CU needs though. Bring back some guys that know what it was like to win at Colorado. Plus those guys could draw in more fan interest that might have been lost over the years, just off their names alone.

Maybe that's what CU needs though. Bring back some guys that know what it was like to win at Colorado. Plus those guys could draw in more fan interest that might have been lost over the years, just off their names alone.

After watching the game last night though I want someone who brings discipline to the team. I am not talking about off the field stuff, Hawk has done wonderfull in that regard, I am talking about blown asignments and horrible penalties, there seems to be no ramification for doing stupid crap on that team on the field. If fix blown coverages, illtimed penalties, and horrible pass protection we win that game last, we beat ISU, CSU, Toledo, and maybe KSU which makes us at least bowl eligible. What has been so frustrating for us is the total lack of team discipline, and for god sakes we are horrible in the kicking game. If Penn State is Linebacker U we are Punter U and we cannot punt worth a darn, no wonder Hawk goes for it all the time on 4th down.