brock lesnar

kansas husker

• 1 month later...

If it's just diverticulitis he may need steroid and antibiotic therapy to help stop the bleeding. If it is severe enough then he may need a resection of the large colon to remove the affected area. That would be a fairly large abdominal surgery and could end his career. imho

GBR

His trainers say he will fight again. Thats about all the news we are going to get out of this situation it seems. I'm sure it won't be for awhile and the interim title will be given to Carwin or Mir when they fight at UFC 111. Its kind of disgusting they are giving Mir a chance at the title ALREADY. Once Lesnar gets back he will fight the interim champ, I'm sure. I don't understand why they didn't matchup Carwin vs Velasquez(who will have to get past Nogueira at 110). I'm just one of those UFC fans that can't stand Frank Mir so I don't understand how the possibility of Lesnar fighting Mir for the 3rd time makes sense, but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens at 111 because I don't know what to expect out of Mir vs Carwin.

His trainers say he will fight again. Thats about all the news we are going to get out of this situation it seems. I'm sure it won't be for awhile and the interim title will be given to Carwin or Mir when they fight at UFC 111. Its kind of disgusting they are giving Mir a chance at the title ALREADY. Once Lesnar gets back he will fight the interim champ, I'm sure. I don't understand why they didn't matchup Carwin vs Velasquez(who will have to get past Nogueira at 110). I'm just one of those UFC fans that can't stand Frank Mir so I don't understand how the possibility of Lesnar fighting Mir for the 3rd time makes sense, but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens at 111 because I don't know what to expect out of Mir vs Carwin.

I saw that the other day and meant to post something. I really hope Brock does come back soon. I'm not a big Mir fan either, but lately it seems like UFC cards have been pretty lame and I'm sure they'll put together a huge card for Brock's return.

I saw that the other day and meant to post something. I really hope Brock does come back soon. I'm not a big Mir fan either, but lately it seems like UFC cards have been pretty lame and I'm sure they'll put together a huge card for Brock's return.

I am optimistic on the UFC's fight cards, but UFC 109 is VERY weak. Couture vs Coleman the headline? Maybe 5 years ago, but we all know what will happen...Couture will grind out a decision victory like always. I like Randy, but he has become boring to watch as he gets older. I would be happy to see a KO in this match, but not likely. I am very excited for 110 and 111 though. 110 is stacked compared to recent cards IMO. 111 only has 2 fights scheduled so far, but they are GSP vs Hardy for welterweight title and obviously the interim heavyweight title match.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Brock will be back in action this summer. Here's what I got from ESPN text message updates:

Lesnar told ESPN he had diverticulitis and nearly had a piece of his colon removed.

Lesnar will return this summer, Dana White said; likely to fight Shane Carwin-Frank Mir winner.

So let's all pull for Carwin to win, cuz I don't feel much like watching Mir again. :lol:

Glad to hear he is coming back. Hopefully he fights at UFC 114. I'll be there and can't wait to see him fight again. Just really hope it's Carwin. Already saw him fight Mir and don't want to see that again. Also can't wait to see Rampage and Rashad fight at 114. Going to a great event to attend. Can't wait. :D

Where is 114?

The last sanctioned fight I saw was about 10-15 years ago at our local fairgrounds. It was kickboxing. I thought it was so cool. To add to that, I've seen many "non-sanctioned" fights. :lol: