Going to the game....

Apathy

I'm going to the game and will be staying the night at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel right off of Cornhusker Hwy and was wondering if there are any good breakfast places to go to. If there are any buffet breakfasts in Lincoln that would be something looking into. I'm not looking at going to like a Village Inn, Perkins, IHop, etc because I have those where I'm from but I've never ate at a Denny's before too.

Here is what I'm looking for:

- Buffet Breakfast

- Denny's

- Our any good homemade style breakfast

Hi-way Diner -- Around 22nd and Highway 2. The best way to find it is just shoot up 9th street to highway 2, take a left, and you'll see a big sign for 24-Hour. It's cheap and pretty good diner food :) I really like their chicken fried steak.

Don't listen to those crazies above me. I've been there quite a lot and have never had a problem nor have any of the people I've gone there with (and they actually want to go back!). :)

Isn't there a Denny's right next to the stadium? There was when I lived in Lincoln.

Not for years and years, like 20-ish years or more. It closed up just before I turned 21, because that was where the bar crawls always ended up for the guys in my house. Mine was supposed to end there, too.... but it ended at Barrymore's instead.

USA Steak Buffet on 27th and Cornhusker Hwy!!!

A++++

:sarcasm

Not sure why you're using the sarcasm smiley, but in case you didn't know, the USA Steak Buffet has also closed. It's been gone for almost a year, too.

Hi-way Diner -- Around 22nd and Highway 2. The best way to find it is just shoot up 9th street to highway 2, take a left, and you'll see a big sign for 24-Hour. It's cheap and pretty good diner food :) I really like their chicken fried steak.

Don't listen to those crazies above me. I've been there quite a lot and have never had a problem nor have any of the people I've gone there with (and they actually want to go back!). :)

I am crazy. But that doesn't mean Hi-Way Diner is good. :)

A++++

Not sure why you're using the sarcasm smiley, but in case you didn't know, the USA Steak Buffet has also closed. It's been gone for almost a year, too.

:wtf:blink::wtf

It has been a couple years since I have been back to the mother land. I remember back in like 01-03 when my fraternity would do our father son dinners there cause that was what the majority of us could afford.

Good thing that place closed down... it SUCKED!

There is a highway resturant on Hwy 2 a couple blocks past the penetentary on the right side that has good rib stickin breakfasts... Can't think of the name...but its hard to miss..

Edit! Yep.. Should have read the post above. it's the Hi-way diner.

Great place

A++++

:wtf:blink::wtf

It has been a couple years since I have been back to the mother land. I remember back in like 01-03 when my fraternity would do our father son dinners there cause that was what the majority of us could afford.

Yep. Lots has changed. I used to eat there, too. It was shite, but it was affordable shite. :)

There's a Golden Corral up 27th street from where that USA Steak Buffet was, but I got sick the only time I ate there.

There's an Cracker Barrel up 27th street near the interstate, and lots of people like them.

Other than that... there's not much on the north side of town besides Perkins and Village Inn.

EDIT - I said OCB instead of Cracker Barrel. Because I'm a doof.

Just gonna put it back in the mix,

GO TO STAUFFER'S CAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have none of you on here ever eaten there?? Yes, it's a place you could drive by and never notice except the parking lot out in front of it is always packed full of cars and the place is full.

Seriously though, if anyone ever gets the chance go there and eat, breakfast, lunch, dinner, whatever, it's homemade cooking and you will not be disappointed.

So huskerjock, GO TO STAUFFER'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Grove" on Cornhusker. :dunno

When I lived in Lincoln the Grove was a kick ass bar! I saw Motley Crue there before they were big.

WHAT??? no Denny's by the stadium either?

Damn!! I'm getting old :hmmph:facepalm:

I went there for the breakfast....... or maybe it was a place called BJ's Hideaway out on north 48th. Sometimes went to the Night Before or the Night After.... something like that. OOPS. Maybe that wasn't breakfast. I gettin old too and may be getting my sunny side ups confused again.

I feel like the Bearer of Bad Tidings in this thread....

The Grove is gone, and has been gone for years now. It was (I think) some kind of country/western bar for a while, but it's been sitting empty for a while.

BJ's Hideaway has been Fat Nappy's for a while. It's a Bar & Grill (mostly bar), and I'm not positive but I think the food is OK. Friend of a friend stopped there once, and seemed to think it was OK.

The Night Before.... I've been there. There isn't anyone dancing there I want to see with her clothes off. :hmmph:hmmph:hmmph

I'm thinking the sign is the only thing left of the Kuhl's downtown. Could be wrong though.

yup. Kuhl's closed up about a year ago... shame.

Oh ole Pete n Stella... whenever i went to my grandparents when i was younger we ALWAYS went to Kuhls... we'd spend like 2 hours there.. always got to go back in the kitchen with pete n watch him cook my pancakes.. hah, my sister ate enough cottage cheese that she puked from Kuhls when she was like 6 or 7... miss that place....