"Burn the Boats"

I joined this board just to educate the masses as to the origin of Burn The Boats!

In battle, the ancient Greeks developed a well-deserved reputation for bravery and determination. They were successful because they were well trained, well lead and most of all, well motivated. The Greek commanders were master motivators and knew how to instill commitment and prepare their soldiers for victory. For you see, once they landed on enemy shores, the Greek generals would give the order to Burn The Boats. Once their boats were burned, they realized that the only way they were going home was by conquering their enemy; there was no turning back.

-=BTB=-RogueCharlie

Burn The Boats Clan, America's Army

Webmaster for http://btbclan.us

I joined this board just to educate the masses as to the origin of Burn The Boats!

In battle, the ancient Greeks developed a well-deserved reputation for bravery and determination. They were successful because they were well trained, well lead and most of all, well motivated. The Greek commanders were master motivators and knew how to instill commitment and prepare their soldiers for victory. For you see, once they landed on enemy shores, the Greek generals would give the order to Burn The Boats. Once their boats were burned, they realized that the only way they were going home was by conquering their enemy; there was no turning back.

-=BTB=-RogueCharlie

And you wonder why the t-shirts couldn't sell! <_<

-=BTB=-RogueCharlie

zt.jpg

Well, glad I'm not completely alone...that whole zombie thing made me run my anti-virus.

Bigrediowan...History was the only class at UNL i failed my first time around...not sure if there is a connection, though, but I'll go with it. :thumbs

BURN THE BOATS

In 1519 Hernando Cortez sailed his fleet of eleven ships into the harbor of Vera Cruz. He and six hundred men had come to defeat Montezuma and claim the riches of the Aztecs. Common practice was to leave guards with the ships, as they might be needed to later return to the old world for supplies--or to retreat from the enemy. But Cortez came for victory so he gave the order to "burn the boats." And so the boats were burned--all eleven.

When the going gets tough, those who keep one eye on the way out, usually lose. They lose because the struggle no longer has their full attention. They lack the focus and the commitment needed to win. You see it happen every day: in sports, in marriage, and in business. If you want to win, don't allow losing to be an option. Victory comes with the commitment that is willing to "burn the boats."

No one after putting his hand to the plow

and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

Luke 9:62

Burn the Boats