Best fans, worst fans, favorite stadiusm, and more

Link

Pretty interesting article from SI that shows what each team from all the conferences thinks about who has the best/worst fans, favorite places to visit, who they consider their biggest rival. Some fans seem to be split right down the middle on what they think. Some teams have Nebraska as both first for worst and best fans lol

I was a little surprised to see Texas Tech on the rudest fans list. I've been to Lubbock, not for a football game, but to visit some friends and found it to be a lot like Lincoln---seemed to be very nice, genuine, down-to-earth people. Has anybody had a bad experience at the stadium before? Maybe it's the student section that gets rowdy?

Nebraska will never overtake the Horns as Oklahoma's main rival as far as the Sooners look at it. To many kids from Texas on each squad. But as far as the Husker fans see it the Sooners are our biggest rival because of the history. It's a respect deal and we get upset when some other fan base tries to imagine that we consider them as our main rival. Nobody considers Colorado a rival. Maybe CSU because it's instate. I do have to admit that there is some hatred for Colorado but not a lot of respect. What's to respect?

Nebraska will never overtake the Horns as Oklahoma's main rival as far as the Sooners look at it. To many kids from Texas on each squad. But as far as the Husker fans see it the Sooners are our biggest rival because of the history. It's a respect deal and we get upset when some other fan base tries to imagine that we consider them as our main rival. Nobody considers Colorado a rival. Maybe CSU because it's instate. I do have to admit that there is some hatred for Colorado but not a lot of respect. What's to respect?

You sort of miss the point and it is one that I have been stating for some time now, it is irrelevant if you think CU is not your rival, for me Nebraska is mine, it is irrelevant that OU does not consider Nebraska their rival, 56% of your fans believe they are. A rivalry can whatever team you want it to be.

A lot of that probably has to do with a lot of younger people being the ones that filled out that poll and don't even remember back to when it was just the Big 8 an the biggest game ever single season was Nebraska vs Oklahoma. Oklahoma is just lucky that the South got someone they already considered a rival and is actually good...maybe if a team in the North would provide a little more constant competition we could pick a new rival, but pretty much every team has had its ups and downs since the Big 12 conception

You sort of miss the point and it is one that I have been stating for some time now, it is irrelevant if you think CU is not your rival, for me Nebraska is mine, it is irrelevant that OU does not consider Nebraska their rival, 56% of your fans believe they are. A rivalry can whatever team you want it to be.

No. That is not a rivalry.

When Nebraska played Oklahoma in the Big 8 every year, that was a rivalry. You take that poll 15 years ago and Nebraska and Texas would have about the same votes, with NU maybe having more (our game was for the conference championship, after all).

A rivalry MUST be two-sided. If it is simply one team, or one fan base, focusing on another team or another fan base, it's not a rivalry.

Look at those results. Most of Nebraska's respondents chose Oklahoma, while most of Oklahoma's chose Texas. Most of Texas' chose Oklahoma. Oklahoma's main rival is Texas. Nebraska's main rival is... nobody. It used to be Oklahoma, but since the advent of the Big XII, it's not. When Oklahoma came to Lincoln I had the chance to talk to a lot of Sooners fans. Young and old agreed - they miss playing us every year. It was a game with magic, against contemporaries, against a team you really feared could beat you even if you played your best.

Colorado, Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa State and Kansas have nothing Nebraska wants. They don't have more prestige, they don't have more wins, they don't have more Mythical National Championships, they don't have more conference championships, they don't have more Heisman winners, they don't have more winners of any other award, they don't have more revenue, they don't have more exposure, their place on the national stage is not more prominent, their stadiums are not fuller, their fans are not more highly regarded. The list goes on. All five of our North brethren are fine teams, with fine fans (mostly) and with fine histories. There is nothing wrong with them, and aside from the fact that we all suck royally, there's nothing wrong with being in a division with these schools.

But until any one of them rises up from the general malaise of all other football teams, makes an effort to separate themselves from the crowd, they cannot be a true rival for the Huskers. Sure, you guys have been beating our butts regularly for the last decade-ish. But losses don't make contemporaries. The body of work doesn't support that.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm just trying to help you get where we're coming from. It is what it is.

cscott2win, i just gotta say, that is a great picture of al bundy, it epitomizes his personality.

Well I never scored 4 touchdowns in a game like Al did but I did score 2 as a freshman linebacker in a high school game off of interceptions. Both times I wasn't where I was supposed to be!!!! :facepalm: My "Al Bundy" moment. Mom even made me a "Our Hero" cake! I think back then I was 6', 120 lbs with a 6 flat forty and I had black hightops!! :thumbs I just flat out loved playing the game.

I'm so sick of hearing about this "best fans" BS, I'm tempted to start hazing opposing fans at NU home game.

In the sense of history and tradition, OU will always be a rival of ours(but nothing for them touches the Red Riv Rivalry).

In the sense of yet again b!tchslapping a bunch of mouthy, arrogant twats-CU will be our rival(regardless of how bad they suck).

You're delusional, just like all the other users on Netbuffs. The only people who consider sCUm Nebraska's rival are the urine bomb throwers from Colorado and the people who work at ABC.