Fire Watson, Kick Lee off the team immediately!!

It totally amazes me how nobody is happy about the little progress that we DID make the last couple weeks or so. Yeah, there are still mistakes, but it is better. Everyone forgets that this is really Lee's first season of being a starter. Everyone also forgets that all these coaches are still dealing with recruits that 3/4 of which was really recruited under Callahan.

Watson can only TRY and figure out the best offensive scheme for the personnel that he has.

I wish everyone would just settle down, and realize that we still have a ways to go. It really amazes me that we are where we are at this point. People seem to have short memories to what it was like 2 years ago at this time.

Yeah, we are not that good, especially on offense - but it could be a whole lot worse people. :wasted

I don't care what anybody says I say Watson must be fired right now. He is ruining the program. Lee is doing good but if K-Sate hadn't of killed themselves with penalties, they would have kicked the huskers butts because of our crappy offensive plays by Watson. I can see the huskers getting 0 points against Texas because of our lousy offense.

<_<And you could do better? Watson can only work with what he has to work with...I am sure that Watson and Bo would love for you to come in and have a sit down so that you could tell them everything they are doing wrong and suggest what they could do to fix it. I bet you might even get a job if it worked.

No but I'm sure you could do better HuskerTrucker. You seem to have the answer for everything dont u, Mr. We're Going To Lose To Oklahoma 35-7 & Mr. If They Had Sam Bradford The Game Wouldve Been Over At Halftime. The majority of your posts are whiny & reek of negativity. I might be making myself look like an a$$ calling you out like this but you're IMO the whiniest poster on this board & I feel like someone has to do it

Zac Lee's strength (& he is actually quite good at it) is throwing the ball downfield. I'm not saying throw a 30+ yard pass every single play but I dont understand why Shawn Watson doesnt have Lee throw the long ball more often (whenever Lee does, the play is usually successful, or at least it has been for the last two games). Yes, Shawn Watson's playcalling has improved the last few games but we still need a better playcaller IMO

No this is not a negative post either, I am very happy we beat KSU (an ugly win is a win)

i am going to disagree. Zac rarely hits a deep, open WR in stride (i can think of a few exceptions). most of the time people overlook this because the ball is caught for a substantial gain (but there is no run after the catch). however, if he puts those balls on the money and hits the WRs in stride, then it is 6 points.

prime example saturday night. he had NP open deep but he severely underthrew the ball forcing niles to stop, wait for the ball (and the defender). NP caught it (was tackled immediately) and it went for a big gain, but had the ball been thrown so as to hit NP in stride, he would have walked into the end zone.

i am not spreading negativity, just pointing something out that i feel is overlooked because of the circumstances (ball is caught for a substantial gain). at this point, i'll take it, but if we want to be among the elites of CFB, we need to hit those for TDs.

i am going to disagree. Zac rarely hits a deep, open WR in stride (i can think of a few exceptions). most of the time people overlook this because the ball is caught for a substantial gain (but there is no run after the catch). however, if he puts those balls on the money and hits the WRs in stride, then it is 6 points.

prime example saturday night. he had NP open deep but he severely underthrew the ball forcing niles to stop, wait for the ball (and the defender). NP caught it (was tackled immediately) and it went for a big gain, but had the ball been thrown so as to hit NP in stride, he would have walked into the end zone.

You're right that he doesnt hit them in stride, but the last two games most of the time Zac Lee has thrown the deep pass it has at least been completed (even if we dont get 6, I'll still take a long completion any time). All I'm saying is that since we've been having success with it the last two games (even if it hasnt always been for a td), maybe we should try stretching the field a little more often.

Edited by AngryHusker88

It totally amazes me how nobody is happy about the little progress that we DID make the last couple weeks or so. Yeah, there are still mistakes, but it is better. Everyone forgets that this is really Lee's first season of being a starter. Everyone also forgets that all these coaches are still dealing with recruits that 3/4 of which was really recruited under Callahan.

Watson can only TRY and figure out the best offensive scheme for the personnel that he has.

I wish everyone would just settle down, and realize that we still have a ways to go. It really amazes me that we are where we are at this point. People seem to have short memories to what it was like 2 years ago at this time.

Yeah, we are not that good, especially on offense - but it could be a whole lot worse people. :wasted

I don't care what anybody says I say Watson must be fired right now. He is ruining the program. Lee is doing good but if K-Sate hadn't of killed themselves with penalties, they would have kicked the huskers butts because of our crappy offensive plays by Watson. I can see the huskers getting 0 points against Texas because of our lousy offense.

<_< And you could do better? Watson can only work with what he has to work with...I am sure that Watson and Bo would love for you to come in and have a sit down so that you could tell them everything they are doing wrong and suggest what they could do to fix it. I bet you might even get a job if it worked.

I forgot more about an offense then Watson will ever learn...Watson must go !!!!!

I'm hoping you just forgot to put the *insert sarcasm here* icon. If you didn't then this may be the most delusional post I've ever read on the internet.

No i agree with you on this. Your not alone in thinking that Lee is a first year starter, i mean we all had doubts about him before this season kicked off and yet after two great showings against Sun Belt teams, people we treating him like a Junior that has playing on Saturdays for awhile, but it wasn't.

Lee and Green will both grow alot during the off-season, and it will be interesting to see if Green surpasses him or if Lee keeps the starter job next year. I hope Green gets the starting job next year, but i would not be surprised if Lee keeps it. But my expectations for both of them will be more than what i expected them to do this year.

I would not be sad to see Watson go. It has taken him too long the last two seasons to figure out what he has on offense, and quite frankly, nothing has really been figured out yet this season. It's a good thing our D is so stingy, otherwise we would definitely have more losses and probably would have gotten blown out by Iowa State.

And maybe it's just me who doesn't understand why, but does anyone know why he continues to run the option with Lee? The only team it worked against was KU and well, KU doesn't have any sort of defense. It scares me everytime I see it run.

I do have a legitmate question though as it pertains to our offense. So many are using the excuse, "Well, the players on offense aren't Watson's players, they are Callahan's players."

Hmmm, okay. Well, wasn't Shawn Watson there when Callahan was recruiting? And what about our defensive players. They were almost all recruited by Callahan and yet they are playing ridiculously well. So what's the difference? Well, I know the difference, but for everyone defending the offensive coaches, what is the difference? Shouldn't the offense be close to the level that the defense is playing at?

Yeah, there are alot of seniors on the defensive side of the ball, but look how ridiculous Suh has become since the Pelinis rolled into town. Dillard wasn't even third on the depth chart a few games into the season and hadn't done anything under Cosgrove/Callahan. Asante was a below average saftey. O'Hanlon, I'm not even sure he saw the field under the previous coaches. Look how the defensive coaches developed players THAT THEY DID NOT RECRUIT for their system. Pretty amazing at the difference in performance between the defense and offense.

Zac Lee's strength (& he is actually quite good at it) is throwing the ball downfield. I'm not saying throw a 30+ yard pass every single play but I dont understand why Shawn Watson doesnt have Lee throw the long ball more often (whenever Lee does, the play is usually successful, or at least it has been for the last two games). Yes, Shawn Watson's playcalling has improved the last few games but we still need a better playcaller IMO

No this is not a negative post either, I am very happy we beat KSU (an ugly win is a win)

i am not spreading negativity, just pointing something out that i feel is overlooked because of the circumstances (ball is caught for a substantial gain). at this point, i'll take it, but if we want to be among the elites of CFB, we need to hit those for TDs.

:yeah That ball was WAY underthrown. On the other side of the token, he badly overthrew the Tight End in the end zone during the first drive of the game (I know it wasn't a long ball, but it was decently far). I don't want to spread negativity either, but I just can't ever see Lee being a big game QB with his erratic throws/decision-making. He takes some BIG hits (especially in that K-State game) and I'll give him everything that he deserves for that, but unless we're playing Ark. State, I just don't feel comfortable putting the game in his hands.

I would not be sad to see Watson go. It has taken him too long the last two seasons to figure out what he has on offense, and quite frankly, nothing has really been figured out yet this season.

I'm with Michael. Each to their own opinion, I for one wouldn't mind seeing Watson gone. Had Watson been able to make weekly progress with this offense, Texas would be in for a serious testing and we'd almost certainly be a top 15 team. Fact is, there is no progression with Watson. Bo knows this, and so does TO. This isn't Lee's fault or anyone else on the O. It's the left over Callahan pieces struggling to survive.

:yeah That ball was WAY underthrown. On the other side of the token, he badly overthrew the Tight End in the end zone during the first drive of the game (I know it wasn't a long ball, but it was decently far). I don't want to spread negativity either, but I just can't ever see Lee being a big game QB with his erratic throws/decision-making. He takes some BIG hits (especially in that K-State game) and I'll give him everything that he deserves for that, but unless we're playing Ark. State, I just don't feel comfortable putting the game in his hands.

Agree with these comments about Lee. Look at how he throws - it's almost always off his back foot, and he puts a LOT of air under the ball. He consistently over- or under-throws receivers, so even if they are open, it's a risky throw.

A competent defense picks off that long pass to Paul. We won't get away with that against Texas or USC/LSU.

I've been saying we should start Lee all season, and I stand by that (because Green is not ready to lead this team), but he's not without blemish.

Having said that, you can't help but be impressed with Lee's toughness. He took some really solid shots this weekend and got right back up. Did the same against Oklahoma. The guy is a gamer, and I'm glad to have him, blemishes and all.

I love how everyone has selective memory simply to mitigate their own stance on any given situation.

1. The ball was underthrown to NP i agree but the ball was in stride to NP against Iowa St and he fumbled it.

2. The ball was a little short and to the back shoulder of NP against KU, i agree, but the ball to Holt in the VT game was in stride just dropped

3. The ball was overthrown to McNeill, agreed, but early in the year their was a deep pass to CG that hit him in stride.

The point is, it happens both ways. yet we want to throw comments around like he never hits them in stride, it is always short blah blah blah. The fact is that for every instance you want to throw out it can be counter balanced with an instance from the opposite point of view

I love how everyone has selective memory simply to mitigate their own stance on any given situation.

1. The ball was underthrown to NP i agree but the ball was in stride to NP against Iowa St and he fumbled it.

2. The ball was a little short and to the back shoulder of NP against KU, i agree, but the ball to Holt in the VT game was in stride just dropped

3. The ball was overthrown to McNeill, agreed, but early in the year their was a deep pass to CG that hit him in stride.

The point is, it happens both ways. yet we want to throw comments around like he never hits them in stride, it is always short blah blah blah. The fact is that for every instance you want to throw out it can be counter balanced with an instance from the opposite point of view

It's not selective memory, it's a realistic analysis of what Lee is as a passer. He throws off his back foot, and he puts too much air under the ball.

Lee is not a great passer. He is serviceable. He makes as many mistakes as he makes good plays. We've played against some pretty weak pass defenses or he'd have a lot more picked off/incompletions.

I'm not throwing Lee under the bus here. I like the guy, and I'm glad we have him. He's good people.

<_< And you could do better? Watson can only work with what he has to work with...I am sure that Watson and Bo would love for you to come in and have a sit down so that you could tell them everything they are doing wrong and suggest what they could do to fix it. I bet you might even get a job if it worked.

I forgot more about an offense then Watson will ever learn...Watson must go !!!!!

And that would be from your armchair recliner right?

if you read my post, i said i could think of a few exceptions where Lee threw a great ball.........