Missouri Cops exonerated after manhandling Nebraska woman

http://www.examiner.net/law/x206838184/Ind...cers-exonerated

Independence police officers exonerated

Officials claim no wrong doing in Buffalo Wild Wings disturbance

Independence, MO —

Kristy Powell claimed Independence police officers beat her up and wrongfully arrested her while she watched a college football game on TV at an Independence restaurant last month.

But the internal police investigation resulted in the “exoneration of all involved officers,” according to a statement by Capt. John Cato.

Extensive information was collected from officers, patrons and employees of the restaurant who were there during the incident.

Cato’s statement said there was a complaint filed that claimed officers “wrongfully arrested the complainant” and used excessive force and failed to inform the person arrested of the charges.

Powell, who lives in Independence but is a native of Omaha, Neb., was watching the Nebraska Cornhuskers play the Missouri Tigers on Oct. 8.

Powell and her family were watching the game at Buffalo Wild Wings at 20110 E. Jackson Drive, according to a report by the Omaha-based TV news station KMTV.

They started cheering after a Nebraska touchdown. A Tiger fan took objection and started cussing and telling them to shut up.

“Watch your mouth,” Powell said. “My kids are here.”

But the Tiger fan, who apparently identified himself as a police officer, allegedly said “I don’t care. I’m a police officer and I can do what I want.”

Soon, officers showed up at the restaurant. An officer approached her.

Powell said she did nothing wrong.

Then the officer allegedly slammed her against the wall and placed handcuffs on her.

Powell told KMTV she fully cooperated and didn’t know why the officer acted that way.

:sarcasm

Gotta Love Missouri Police.

I got clocked once going 78 in a 60 MPH zone, and I'm told in their police car, "You will pay the ticket or show up in court, or we Will find you and arrest you". All because I was from Nebraska.

"I don't care, I'm a Police Officer, and I can do what I want". Sure thing big winner, like cuss in front of kids? I'd imagine other Cops got involved because she pleaded her case saying, "My kids don't have to hear that type of language".

How could there be no wrong doing if he's handling himself in that sort of manner in public as a police officer?

Maybe it's because he's a Missouri Tiger Fan, and she's a Cornhusker Fan.

I got clocked once going 78 in a 60 MPH zone, and I'm told in their police car, "You will pay the ticket or show up in court, or we Will find you and arrest you". All because I was from Nebraska.

"I don't care, I'm a Police Officer, and I can do what I want". Sure thing big winner, like cuss in front of kids? I'd imagine other Cops got involved because she pleaded her case saying, "My kids don't have to hear that type of language".

How could there be no wrong doing if he's handling himself in that sort of manner in public as a police officer?

I am just a little confused by your post...I dont really get the sarcasm

Your really upset/blaming a cop for pulling you over doing 18 over the speed limit, and being explained the law??!! In MO, you either pay your traffic tickets before the court date, or show up in court. If you do neither, they issue a warrent for your arrest. THAT has nothing to do with you being from Nebraska. :wacko:

And I am really sure that a room full of witnesses conspired to let the police run all over this 'poor, poor' husker fan. She was totatlly in the right. I mean, I get the cops called on my ALL THE TIME at BWW. Like every other week. :facepalm:

Could it be that she was causing a scene and was in the wrong and that she exaggerated the details of the story??? NEVER...because she is a Husker fan. :sarcasm

Guys you will never believe it. I was pulled over doing 18 over the speed limit, only 2 mph away from going straight to jail, and that nebraska pig told me if I didnt pay my ticket or show in court i would be going to jail. God, all because I had a MU logo on my car and had a MO licence. Yep.....sounds just a stupid as yours did. :facepalm:

:LOLtartar

I believe that there are two sides to every story and usually the truth is a combination of the two, but usually everyone changes the story to make themselves favorable.

Every fanbase has it's share of A**holes, maybe at Buffalo Wild Wings they were having a convention? Usually if you don't like the behavior you let the Management deal with the situation, not take matters in to your own hands.

Also a tip, if you get a speeding ticket you have these options;

1. Pay the fine

2. Go to court

3. Go to jail (refusing to sign, not showing up in court Etc.)

:rant

the person who started this was not a police officer

but the crowd was all pissed MU fans with one Husker family and the MU people all knew each other so result Husker kids and mother are criminals for cheering on Huskers

the police imposter will get off the Husker housewife cheering will get a conviction....

Great State

Tiger justice

the person who started this was not a police officer

but the crowd was all pissed MU fans with one Husker family and the MU people all knew each other so result Husker kids and mother are criminals for cheering on Huskers

the police imposter will get off the Husker housewife cheering will get a conviction....

Great State

Tiger justice

You could be right. This could be a mockery of our justice system and she could be getting screwed because she's a Husker fan and they're Missouri fans.

Or, she could be fudging the facts and failing to explain her actual role in the situation, and/or exaggerating the behavior of the other patrons and the police.

Bottom line is, based on the stories we've seen, there's no way to know who's telling the truth.

I really don't think this has anything to do with football or being a husker/tiger fan.

Either these cops were in the wrong and their cop buddies were looking after them (Plausible) or this woman is leaving out key parts of the story (just as plausible). What does that have to do with any of us? Nothing. Until you get bashed up by the cops. Know your rights.

Your really upset/blaming a cop for pulling you over doing 18 over the speed limit, and being explained the law??!! In MO, you either pay your traffic tickets before the court date, or show up in court. If you do neither, they issue a warrent for your arrest. THAT has nothing to do with you being from Nebraska. :wacko:

And I am really sure that a room full of witnesses conspired to let the police run all over this 'poor, poor' husker fan. She was totatlly in the right. I mean, I get the cops called on my ALL THE TIME at BWW. Like every other week. :facepalm:

Could it be that she was causing a scene and was in the wrong and that she exaggerated the details of the story??? NEVER...because she is a Husker fan. :sarcasm

Guys you will never believe it. I was pulled over doing 18 over the speed limit, only 2 mph away from going straight to jail, and that nebraska pig told me if I didnt pay my ticket or show in court i would be going to jail. God, all because I had a MU logo on my car and had a MO licence. Yep.....sounds just a stupid as yours did. :facepalm:

Sorry I stand corrected, it was because not only was I a Cornhusker fan and had Nebraska plates on my car, it was also because I attended the Seminary College 15 miles away from Maryville, MO where a majority of Seminarians had a led foot. I was explained to by one of the guys there who lived in Missouri that since I had no previous charges, there should have been no reason for me to sit in the police car. I just felt like the officer or officers were being a bit harsh for the only ticket I ever got.

I'm sorry for the misunderstood sarcasm, I was just frustrated.

Sorry I stand corrected, it was because not only was I a Cornhusker fan and had Nebraska plates on my car, it was also because I attended the Seminary College 15 miles away from Maryville, MO where a majority of Seminarians had a led foot. I was explained to by one of the guys there who lived in Missouri that since I had no previous charges, there should have been no reason for me to sit in the police car. I just felt like the officer or officers were being a bit harsh for the only ticket I ever got.

I'm sorry for the misunderstood sarcasm, I was just frustrated.

No biggie. But as someone who grew up in that area, I know MO HP will usually take you to the car if you are going 15 over or higher. And for the police in Nodaway and Holt county...not much going on around there. You might have been the only action that guy was going to see in a 3 or 4 day stretch :)