"Win One For Hawkins" motivation gone

knapplc

Well, we won't have to worry about the Buffs using Dan Hawkins' potential termination as motivation. Hawkins told his staff that he's sticking around, no matter what happens against Nebraska:

LINK

Embattled CU football coach Dan Hawkins is telling his assistants that he'll be back for another year.

Two sources inside the CU football progam told CBS4's Vic Lombardi that Hawkins recently met with Unversity Chancellor Phil DiStefano and came away from the meeting with the understanding that he's safe for another year no matter what happens on Friday against Nebraska.

Calls to Hawkins went unanswered but CBS4 did contact Athletic Director Mike Bohn who's in Hawaii with the men's basketball team. Bohn said he could not confirm anything until he returns to Boulder on Thursday.

The Buffs have struggled since Hawkins replaced Gary Barnett in 2006. They've played in only 1 bowl game and have compiled a 16-32 record including a 2-19 record on the road.

Not so fast my friend:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13866040

The spokesman for the University of Colorado-Boulder chancellor Phil DiStefano denied a Channel 4 report today that embattled football coach Dan Hawkins will return next year.

Channel 4, citing two sources inside the football program, said Hawkins came away from a meeting with DiStefano with the understanding that he's safe, regardless of what happens in Friday's season finale against Nebraska.

Bronson Hilliard, DiStefano's spokesman, confirmed Hawkins did meet with the chancellor this week, but was given no assurances that he'd return.

"It was a review to review the season and have a frank discussion," Hilliard said. "I don't want to characterize the outcome as an endorsement of the coach. It's certainly Mike Bohn's decision."

Bohn, Colorado's athletic director, is in Hawaii with the men's basketball team at the Maui Invitational. Hilliard emphasized Bohn has the say over DiStefano.

"We don't have a tradition here of the chancellor of the university playing kingmaker on those kind of decisions," Hilliard said. "(Bohn) will keep the chancellor appropriately abreast of the situation. He hasn't had a face-to-face with the coach and he hasn't had a face-to-face with the chancellor. There are two meetings to go before any determination is made on coach Hawkins' future.

In his fourth year, Hawkins is 16-32, including 3-8 this season. Bohn will return for Friday's game and has said he will continue the evaluation process.

Well, we won't have to worry about the Buffs using Dan Hawkins' potential termination as motivation. Hawkins told his staff that he's sticking around, no matter what happens against Nebraska:

LINK

Embattled CU football coach Dan Hawkins is telling his assistants that he'll be back for another year.

Two sources inside the CU football progam told CBS4's Vic Lombardi that Hawkins recently met with Unversity Chancellor Phil DiStefano and came away from the meeting with the understanding that he's safe for another year no matter what happens on Friday against Nebraska.

Calls to Hawkins went unanswered but CBS4 did contact Athletic Director Mike Bohn who's in Hawaii with the men's basketball team. Bohn said he could not confirm anything until he returns to Boulder on Thursday.

The Buffs have struggled since Hawkins replaced Gary Barnett in 2006. They've played in only 1 bowl game and have compiled a 16-32 record including a 2-19 record on the road.

Who? Hawkins Sr and Hawkins Jr?????

I think they should keep Hawkins. Give him another shot. If I were a CU fan, looking at the situation they're in, I'd just want him to have another shot. Enough with the instability and buyouts.

I wouldn't doubt it if the story were false though. Makes no sense whatsoever. "Hey, don't worry, do whatever on Friday and you'll still have your job." I wouldn't be surprised if they intended to keep him, but that assurance is just silly.