Crazy Internet Rumor

I have been surfing on some other message boards, and on more than one of them I have seen a rumor floating around that on Wednesday, the day that all players have to report, some JUCO safety will show up as a "secret commitment," for the class of 05, and that the team is keeping it secret and we will be very happy when he does show up. This would partially explain why Jackson hasnt moved to safety, possibly. Can anyone confirm or deny the truth of this rumor, or are we all just spinning our wheels until tomorrow?

Stealing info from BHF, but it seems the guy may be former South Carolina recruit, Josh Winchell. Winchell was once recruited by Solich.

http://www.nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospec...sp?pr_key=17137

The guy certainly has the look of a mean, nasty lineman.

Also, Pillen, the guy your referring to is listed as a OLB, but will more than likely be a safety. His name is David Pickard and at Roswell has put up amazing stats.

2004: 170 tackles, 12 sacks, 22 TFL (tackles for loss), 7 FR (fumble recovery)

As you can tell, the guy is just a straight football player.

http://www.nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospec...sp?pr_key=41124

It's not a Juco, it was a highschool kid who did not play last year. I just got confirmation a few minutes ago. It's a guy we originally offered in the 2004 recruiting class and signed with Air Force

I originally heard Kevin Myers name mentioned. He was suppose to graduate June 15th but doesn't look like he got all the work he needed to get done.

It's not a Juco, it was a highschool kid who did not play last year. I just got confirmation a few minutes ago. It's a guy we originally offered in the 2004 recruiting class and signed with Air Force

Then tell us the kids freakin name if you know who he is. We are all Husker fans here. Enough with the SECRET crap. Also if he signed with Air Force how do you get out of that?

The info is available on HI if you have a subscription. Unfortunately, the info hasn't leaked yet about the guys name. But their is a picture of the guy, and he is one big guy!

His name was leaked the momnent Sean Callahan went on SN and began all this "mystery recruit" Highlander knows what i am talking about :thumbs

I just dont understand why Sean Callahan had to make this such a big deal. I swear that guy will do anything to sell subs :blink: