Burkhead should be the new starting RB

Overreaction. Hopefully they were just resting helu for next week, and he wasn't hurt or anything. When healthy he is one of the best backs in the big 12

Burkhead seems to have better instincts than Helu. I think that if Burkhead did not miss most of this season, we would have an RB controversy. For some reason, I just always felt comfortable about not LOSING YARDS with the ball in Burkheads hands.

Overreaction. Hopefully they were just resting helu for next week, and he wasn't hurt or anything. When healthy he is one of the best backs in the big 12

Burkhead seems to have better instincts than Helu. I think that if Burkhead did not miss most of this season, we would have an RB controversy. For some reason, I just always felt comfortable about not LOSING YARDS with the ball in Burkheads hands.

I don't think his instinct are better, he is just more of a bull, with a bit of good vision.

Burkhead had 1 good game, helu has played great all year....no he shouldn't be the new starter, yes he should get some touches he is a tough runner and keeping our backs fresh next week is going to be key...

roy has a bad shoulder, cannot pass block, next year when he is healthy we will have an awesome running attack

Who cares who starts the game? They rotate in and out with such frequency that it isn't like there really is a "starter" anyway. Whoever has the hot hand is going to get the most carries. I don't know what it is with this Husker squad, but Helu is like a lot of the others on the team--a little lazy unless he's getting pushed. When Burkhead is in there and making yards, I've sure noticed that Helu's effort level goes way up. Rex makes Roy a lot better performer. This is a team that needs the whip, and Rex is Roy's whip. I'm glad that he's back.

Roy needs to protect the ball better.

:dunno

Roy has lost 3 fumbles in 3 years here. Two of them were against ISU when he should not have even been playing because he shoulder was so messed up.

Hard to fumble the ball the first year, when you don't start or play.

How many bandwagons have you jumped on and off so far this season? :)

How many bandwagons have you jumped on and off so far this season? :)

RB controversies do not exist, Helu has earned his starting spot, and Rex will get plenty of touches where they will make a strong one-two punch and whomever is the starter will not matter.

Come on people, really??? Burkhead is as good as it gets when fightin for what you need and that's yards. He may not be ready to take Helu's spot but he just got here and you're talkin about it...says somethin about that tough s.o.b. I know I was jumpin around today talkin about his toughness. Last week people were saying he's not 100%. Well, I guess they were WRONG!!! :steam

Roy needs to protect the ball better.

:dunno

Roy has lost 3 fumbles in 3 years here. Two of them were against ISU when he should not have even been playing because he shoulder was so messed up.

if that caused him to fumble then yeah he shouldnt have been playing...... i'm just saying 3 fumbles in half a season is worrisome. hopefully its simply an injury issue.

Everyone knew that was the problem when Helu was constantly coming off favoring his shoulder.

Heck, his shoulder still isn't 100%, but he's playing through it.

I would almost take a picture of his fumble today, because it is a rarity. Almost like seeing Bigfoot.

Exactly. Yet again people over reacting to what happens right now and not looking at the whole picture. The fumbles against ISU were not Roy at all. He fumbled barely getting hit.. No way in hell he should of been in that game.

As I have said for the whole year Roy is a Sally. Scared of any hits that come his way, ready to fall to the ground before the extra yard. He will not move to the next level if he cannot lower a flippin shoulder to gain yards.

he runs hard, hard enough to injure his shoulder for most of the season, but his strength is finesse running and getting to the corner. he is quick and has the speed to break a big one. he runs tough, but he is not as strong as burkhead when running up the gut.