A Close Loss to UT

sd'sker

As much as I hate to say it, I'd be very happy with a tough battle and a 10 point loss.

If we can put 39 up on them, they lose the NC game.

Nebraska typicaly plays Texas close, and I didn't remember feeling very good after any of them.

That's what I'm thinking. 3 of our last 4 losses to Texas have been "moral victories". I won't be happy with another one.

Certainly I'd feel better about a close game than losing by blowout. But not happy.

I hate to say it because it sucks to say, but UT is favored to win and should win.

Right now the Huskers can only win "IF"...

UT doesnt go into this game with the "IF" factor. Dammit.

Actually they do AM. They are wondering IF they are going to play flat like they did against A&M.

They are wondering IF they have a shot at a N.C. with two teams still in front of them.

They are wondering what IF Nebraska comes in to Dallas and plays like a team that has nothing to lose like A&M did. A dangerous animal is a wounded animal.

They are wondering IF they have fixed all the deficiencies that A&M exploited.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They only hope they can survive the weekend to have an outside chance at a N.C. game.

I'm not sure Texas played flat. A&M's offense was just clicking. Their recievers were catching everything despite decent coverage and their qb was on the money with several passes on the move. He had that one toss scrambling and lobbing a pass down the middle of the field and their guy made a great catch.

I think coming out and playing hard from start to finish is what matters. That last TD against CU was one of the few times this team has not finished their game. This game could be a lot like the TT game.

We're Nebraska...No loss is ever acceptable....period.

i do not know what you mean by 'acceptable'. i was just wondering if a loss to UT, one of the best UT's teams in awhile, would that show progress? i think if it is well coached and well executed, our defense holds 'em to around our average points allowed, and our offense sustains some long drives and put up enough points to keep it close, i would be upset and heartbroken, but satisfied with the progress and potential shown my the team and coaches.

i do not know what you mean by 'acceptable'. i was just wondering if a loss to UT, one of the best UT's teams in awhile, would that show progress? i think if it is well coached and well executed, our defense holds 'em to around our average points allowed, and our offense sustains some long drives and put up enough points to keep it close, i would be upset and heartbroken, but satisfied with the progress and potential shown my the team and coaches.

I dunno..As a fan for over 34 years I have always believed Nebraska was synonomous with "winning." While we have lost game through the years, when people think of Nebraska they think of a team who doesn't lose often. Or, at least that was the case up until recently. I guess that's what I meant by "unacceptable."

The horns have had a very good program over the years, but I don't remember them ever being unbeatable.

(They got close with Vince Young, but lacked the great Defense...)

I'm not to the point where I "expect" us to win this game..but I'll still be mighty dissapointed if we don't.

I'm still hoping we will get a positive from that last CU TD in how we prepare for UT..even if it's just from That freshman DB going for the stop rather than the pick next time time runs out.

I probably won't pay attention to the score as much as how we play..

And all that good will could all be erased if we are behind and taking a knee with time left.. :box

dedhoarse (sorry...one last jab) ;)

Just a thought, but, isn't this a "trap" game for Texas? I mean, they have everything to lose, we don't. Everyone said the same thing for us against CU. To UT, this is just a stepping stone to get to the NC game and they seem to think that they are already in it. I like our chances to upset them.

craigsker, i agree with what you said. i also like the point that they have everything to lose. i think that pressure can really get to a team. UT's most competitive pressure for the game will be the pressure of losing (a game they will think they should have no problem with) and not going to the NC. if we play with them, the pressure will only get worse and all of their confidence will quickly become doubt and fear.