Do I have this right??

HSKRNOKC

Isn't the Cotton really pushing for BCS status now that Jerry's place is in ful l swing?

In 2010, the Cotton Bowl Classic will move to the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, leaving the newly remodeled historic Cotton Bowl facility. Reportedly, Cotton Bowl Classic officials sought for the game to become a BCS bowl game in 2011. (One of the concerns for this game having been the weather, since Dallas can be cold in January, but the new stadium would offer top amenities and a retractable roof.)[6] However, a new four-year agreement between the BCS and ESPN has forestalled any possibility of the Cotton Bowl Classic joining the BCS until 2015 at the earliest.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_Bowl_Classic#cite_note-6

Too bad, I think they could add the Cotton as a BCS Bowl and put the Mountain West as an auto tie in.

Like that idea!

So, as I understand the possibilities (probabilities)......with OSU going down, and the Cotton publically saying they would love to have OSU....

OSU = Cotton (almost a lock)

NU beats Tex = Fiesta (probably vs Iowa/Boise)...love to beat Hawks

NU loses to Tex = Holiday (probably vs USC, unless Oregon St beats Oregon, then we play Ducks)

** So, the Holiday Bowl seems to be the "worst' case scenario....San Diego at the end of Dec vs USC.....not a bad "worst" case in Bo's second year.

Is my understanding correct that the Cotton gets to pick from the Big 12 before the Holiday? I'm beginning to wonder since so many people seem to think the Holiday is the better bowl....

You are correct about Cotton getting dibs before Holiday.

Cotton Bowl payout = $3 million

Holiday Bowl payout = $2.3 million

Is my understanding correct that the Cotton gets to pick from the Big 12 before the Holiday? I'm beginning to wonder since so many people seem to think the Holiday is the better bowl....

Cotton Bowl payout = $3 million average Jan temperature 55

Holiday Bowl payout = $2.3 million average Jan high temperature 65.8

And this from the 1979 Cotton Bowl Recap (which featured Joe Montana and the Notre Lame)

The temperature at kickoff was 20 degrees with a wind chill factor of minus-six. The winds were whipping in at 15 to 20 mph,

Holiday Bowl payout = $2.3 million average Janhigh temperature 65.8

And this from the 1979 Cotton Bowl featuring Joe Montana and the Notre Lame

The temperature at kickoff was 20 degrees with a wind chill factor of minus-six. The winds were whipping in at 15 to 20 mph,

But not this year. Jerry's World has a retractable roof. Problem solved.

But it cuts back on the babe watching by the hotel pool :)

But it cuts back on the babe watching by the hotel pool :)

Touché

Given that Okie Lite lost, I guess Holiday is our projected spot now?

If we play USC, I think that will be really cool. They are down this year, but they still have a lot more talent collectively than we do. It will be a good challenge.

Regardless, we got our 9 wins this season. I just hope our boys are more satisfied with getting to 11 than keeping 9.