TCU fan here. I'll be wearing my red at Jerry's place on the 5th

TCUfan09

I'll be doing my part! I know you guys travel well. What percentage of the stadium do you expect to be red?

Oh, rough estimate maybe 99%. :)

I honestly have no idea. We sold all of our alotted tickets in something like 15 minutes and I hear we have a lot of tickets being sold via other online agencies.

I originally said 50/50 but I'm editing it to 60/40 (advantage Texas) because that seems a lot more reasonable. A lot of people I know that usually travel are staying home because of the way the economy is. Kind of a sticky situation.

Great to have you as a Husker fan for a day though! Hopefully we can be your second favorite team after the game, win or lose. Congrats on how TCU is playing btw.

I'll be doing my part! I know you guys travel well. What percentage of the stadium do you expect to be red?

First off, welcome to the board!!! Well, it's hard to say considering that the game is basically a home game for TU. We might have around 30-40 percent if we a lucky.

Congrats on your teams season, I just wish they could get a shot to play for the title and see what happens. To many undefeated teams this year that may not get a chance. We need a playoff bad.

Good to have you. TCU is actually my second favorite college football team, as I was thisclose to going to school there back in '03. I've followed them and been a fan ever since. Nothing would be sweeter than knocking off Texas, not only to get the Big XII Championship, but also send TCU to the National Championship. So I'll be rooting doubly hard.

I would love...love...to beat Texas and have TCU go to the national title game.

I don't see TCU getting to go though with a Nebraska win, I am not sure that the loser of the SEC title game will drop enough points but I could be wrong, the difference right now is 1/10th of a point which is pretty significant.

lol, because not getting a shot at the title game because you're not in a BCS conference is fair, right? lmfao

Any more fair than a non-BCS conference team (TCU) getting a nod over a BCS conference team (Cincy) to play in the BCS National Title Game?

Uh, nothing is more fair than having a playoff and letting the teams fight their way into the championship game. If that's not obvious then...well, sorry for you, lol.

However, that is also impractical. But practicality has nothing to do with this discussion. Fairness does.

I would love...love...to beat Texas and have TCU go to the national title game.

I don't see TCU getting to go though with a Nebraska win, I am not sure that the loser of the SEC title game will drop enough points but I could be wrong, the difference right now is 1/10th of a point which is pretty significant.

The human polls are what matters. If they dropped them, TCU would go. If not, then you're right, and there would be a sh#tstorm of epic proportions, and it'd be hilarious to watch.

I didn't say that we shouldn't have a playoff. I'm saying that in the current format a non-BCS conference not having a shot at the title is no worse than a BCS conference team being denied.

It's less ridiculous than what irafreak posted, yes. However, they're ranked what they're ranked and TCU is ahead of Cincinnati. While there is plenty of unfairness in the BCS, it pales in comparison to what irafreak suggested.

I know Nebraska travels well, always have, always will. But I think the crowd is going to be close to 70-30 Texas. The South side (Texas side) has been sold out for almost a month, leaving us to buy North side tickets.

Although, it's hard to say because of the stupid allotments. Since we both get a combined 24,000 tickets, a lot of the lower level could be neither Texas or Nebraska fans. When the tickets went on sale to the public a long time ago, there were very few lower to mid level tickets. They were all upper deck. I'm excited to play in the new stadium, but it's pretty crappy that we don't get the good seats, and have to pay a premium for the crappy seats.

Oh well. See ya there.