TCU fan here. I'll be wearing my red at Jerry's place on the 5th

TCUfan09

I'm glad we don't have a playoff. Were we to beat Texas they would have another shot at the title. That wouldn't be fair to the other undefeated teams....

i have to disagree with you there, because there should be an 8 team playoff and that way a loss would not necessarily destroy your season, but everyone deserving would get in to the playoff. also, after the playoffs, there could still be all of the bowl games for the teams who do not make the playoff. that is just what i think would be the fairest.

I'm glad we don't have a playoff. Were we to beat Texas they would have another shot at the title. That wouldn't be fair to the other undefeated teams....

i have to disagree with you there, because there should be an 8 team playoff and that way a loss would not necessarily destroy your season, but everyone deserving would get in to the playoff. also, after the playoffs, there could still be all of the bowl games for the teams who do not make the playoff. that is just what i think would be the fairest.

On the other hand, a loss to NU would knock Texas out of title contention and they wouldn't be guaranteed a BCS bowl. NU, with 3 losses on their resume, would get an automatic bid.

If Texas was in the MWC they would have already punched a ticket to Pasadena. Not everyone assumes the same risks.

On the other hand, a loss to NU would knock Texas out of title contention and they wouldn't be guaranteed a BCS bowl. NU, with 3 losses on their resume, would get an automatic bid.

If Texas was in the MWC they would have already punched a ticket to Pasadena. Not everyone assumes the same risks.

i agree, an undefeated team with a decent schedule should not be kicked out, just as a one-loss team with a stellar schedule should still have a shot.

lol, because not getting a shot at the title game because you're not in a BCS conference is fair, right? lmfao

Any more fair than a non-BCS conference team (TCU) getting a nod over a BCS conference team (Cincy) to play in the BCS National Title Game?

Uh, nothing is more fair than having a playoff and letting the teams fight their way into the championship game. If that's not obvious then...well, sorry for you, lol.

However, that is also impractical. But practicality has nothing to do with this discussion. Fairness does.

BS! There is no fair way to do it. A playoff would not be fair because there would always be teams left out and teams winning titles that in the current system shouldn't be in. Sorry. You wanna NT then play for a big 6 school. You don't have to agree. Just don't act like a playoff solves everything.

What would be the incentive for BCS conferences to schedule a tough ooc schedule when non-BCS schools get to play a schedule full of teams that BCS conferences schedule as cupcakes?

what's the incentive now? in a playoff, the perennial powerhouses could lose one or two games and still end up in the top 8 and allowed to play in a playoff. i really do not know what your post was an argument for or against... but that is my thought.

lol, because not getting a shot at the title game because you're not in a BCS conference is fair, right? lmfao

Any more fair than a non-BCS conference team (TCU) getting a nod over a BCS conference team (Cincy) to play in the BCS National Title Game?

This is the prediction I am actually hearing now. If NU beats UT, ESPN and others are saying there is a chance with a Cincy win in the Big East Championship game that they would leap TCU into the title game.

I tried to get tickets for Saturday, but I think it might be sold out (?). Regardless, whether I am in Arlington or watching on TV from Fort Worth, I will be wearing red and be a Husker fan for the day this coming Saturday

Hopefully we keep you around for longer than just Saturday. :thumbs

What would be the incentive for BCS conferences to schedule a tough ooc schedule when non-BCS schools get to play a schedule full of teams that BCS conferences schedule as cupcakes?

what's the incentive now? in a playoff, the perennial powerhouses could lose one or two games and still end up in the top 8 and allowed to play in a playoff. i really do not know what your post was an argument for or against... but that is my thought.

Texas, Florida and Ohio State are all 12-0. Both Florida and Ohio State played 2 BCS conference schools in their occ schedule. Texas played 4 non-BCS schools. Who do you think will be going to the MNC game? This can, and has, happened. Ask Auburn about getting a do-over on their ooc scheduling. There's your incentive.

In the current state, teams from the Big 12 or SEC can go light on their power scheduling because you bank on the fact that your conference is going to be good. The Pac-10 and Big-10 have to work a little bit harder and the ACC and Big East need to schedule much tougher. This is a gamble that you have to call correctly several years out in most cases. If Texas had known that Utah would be good last year, do you think that they would have let them weasle out of their contract? Hell no. In fact, a win against Utah would have vaulted the Horns over ou for the Big 12 title and possibly the MNC. At the time of the deal, and reneg, Utah was a run-of-the-mill team. My point is that it also takes a little luck. A 2015 agreement with Florida looks like a good deal right now. But, if in 2015 Myer leaves and Florida sucks, it doesn't really have the desired affect on your SoS.

I disagree, I don't want a 2-loss team ever playing for the MNC when there are undefeated teams still out there.