Anyone else happy to see that gator leave the swamp?

I say anytime the media falls in love with someone there's usually something wrong with them. The media loved Ted Kennedy and we found out about all the skeletons in his closet. I just think Timmy flaunts too much for the media. He's only human so I don't expect him to be able to resist the attention. I guess from my personal experience is that anyone that deflects the praise has proven to be genuine and those that bask in it have been frauds. My issue isn't with tebow personally....just those that act like he does and have affected me personally. That's were our opinions come from though. Just a different side of the story.

I find him as somewhat of a fake and someone who never misses a camera. Just tired of having him shoved down our throats by Eastern Sports Propaganda Network. We're really lucky he wasn't at Notre Dame or a Big 10 school!!! The media will find someone else to fawn over next year but getting 4 years of this guy got real old.

I think that if the Huskers had a chance to thump Tim, we'd feel differently. I don't think that NU would beat Florida, but I remember really hating the same kind of fawning over Payton Manning... then NU destroyed him and the Vols and I now I feel okay liking the guy. I can watch him set records and cheer him on always remembering the smackdown that punctuated the 97 season.

I say anytime the media falls in love with someone there's usually something wrong with them. The media loved Ted Kennedy and we found out about all the skeletons in his closet. I just think Timmy flaunts too much for the media. He's only human so I don't expect him to be able to resist the attention. I guess from my personal experience is that anyone that deflects the praise has proven to be genuine and those that bask in it have been frauds. My issue isn't with tebow personally....just those that act like he does and have affected me personally. That's were our opinions come from though. Just a different side of the story.

You bring up a good point. Being a Christian myself, I have always had tons of respect for Tebow and always very carefully examined how he conducts himself, and you seem to have the same conclusion that I have that he "flaunts" a bit.

Really, though, what is the problem here? Certainly he doesn't show boat or act cocky in any way (like the majority of college football skill position players), and when I see him playing to the media it is normally very harmless and/or in a humorous manner (ie, not intended to build himself up) or else he is trying to use the media that obsesses over him to send out a positive message to the world.

I have thought several times what I would do in his situation. On one hand, I would want to be like Ndamukong Suh and shun the media attention and stick to myself, because I want to be humble and I don't want to desire that attention, but on the other hand, shouldn't I use the situation God has put me in, one where anything I say or do will reach the eyes and ears of millions, to do the best that I can and inspire people that there is a God out there worth living for?

I don't know what I would do, but I know Tim Tebow has done the best he knows how.

The problem with Tebow is he encapsulates a problem today in the world. The glorification of sports icons. At the end of the day this is a college kid who can throw a ball and run with it with greater efficiency than other teams in his national locale. Yet for this we have an entire embarrassing media circus that surrounds him. While Tebow himself does nothing to intentionally attract this attention, when you have someone claim that spending five minutes in a room with Tebow will improve your life, it offends people in their deepest sensibilities.

The constant attempt for the ESPN leeches to make Tebow this transcendent figure in human history is just laughable. He is not the best quarterback to ever play at the college level. What he is is the perfect fit for an Urban Meyer offense that's already drowning in talent. No one denies Tebow's impact on the team or football, but at some point you reach a critical mass where customers of media product no longer want to hear about how lame beggars walk and blind men see when Tebow throws a touchdown pass.

The problem with Tebow is he encapsulates a problem today in the world. The glorification of sports icons. At the end of the day this is a college kid who can throw a ball and run with it with greater efficiency than other teams in his national locale. Yet for this we have an entire embarrassing media circus that surrounds him. While Tebow himself does nothing to intentionally attract this attention, when you have someone claim that spending five minutes in a room with Tebow will improve your life, it offends people in their deepest sensibilities.

The constant attempt for the ESPN leeches to make Tebow this transcendent figure in human history is just laughable. He is not the best quarterback to ever play at the college level. What he is is the perfect fit for an Urban Meyer offense that's already drowning in talent. No one denies Tebow's impact on the team or football, but at some point you reach a critical mass where customers of media product no longer want to hear about how lame beggars walk and blind men see when Tebow throws a touchdown pass.

He's actually a pretty outstanding human being. Without sports, we wouldn't even know about the humanitarian things that he's done with his life while his peers are out partying. It's a fantastic thing that a person like him is being recognized for some things besides his athletic ability. So, yeah, just worshiping someone for being good at a game is silly, but he really goes above and beyond outside of sports, too. A LOT of people do the sorts of things he does off the field, but seldom do they get recognized for it. Framing the story that way might get more recognition for other good people we see and ignore every day.