Dear spankytoes . . .

I think the call you guys are talking about was a good call.

However, the first P.I. call was an absolutely TERRIBLE call, and it was the only one I had a problem with all night. The ball was uncatchable (unless he could somehow catch it 3 yards out of bounds and keep his feet in play), the receiver slowed down/gave up on the play, and I'm 99% sure he didn't even turn his head to find the ball.

Refs called a good game, but that one was just downright awful.

No, theres in way in hell the call I am talking about was a correct call. If that Texas receiver wouldve caught that football that wouldve been the greatest catch in the history of football. But instead of 4th down & punt (which is what shouldve happened) Texas got a brand new 1st down. Our defense absolutely stuffed them on the downs following that call, but they got a cheap field goal out of the horrible call & ultimately a cheap win.

I know that this won't be popular, but there should have been 2 seconds left on the clock.

OK...there has never been a comment on Huskerboard that I felt I had to respond to more than that one...so...

:wtf and :dis and :xcuse and :facepalm: and :bs: and :bad and :lame and :steam and :rollin and :hookerhorns

Well, to be fair, I was posting from the perspective in the stands. After seeing the review, the ball clearly hit the railing out of bounds with 1 second left on the clock. The correct call was made. However, if I as in y'all's position, I wouldn't be to happy about how it all went down either. But, as the poster above said, NU shouldn't have put themselves in the position to let a FG decide the outcome. Kick the ball inbounds, don't horsecollar Shipley, and we may be having a very different conversation.

Just got home from the game. Before I say anything else, I want to say that the media is REALLY insulting both of our teams. Mack Brown said it best: If this were an SEC game they would be slobbing over how good a defensive showing we saw. (paraphrased)

Having said that...

Wow. I really underestimated the amount of no-quit attitude that NU showed. Let me be the first (more like 1,000,000th) to say that Suh is a man among boys. I have NEVER seen someone take control of a defense like he did. I am thanking my lucky stars that he is graduating and hope that he goes #1. If he doesn't...the Browns are utter idiots. Even my son started chanting "Suuuuuhhhhhhhhh" until I had to shush him :)

The game itself was awful. So many penalties and missed opportunities on both sides of the ball. There is no way to sugar coat it...your offense was terrible. But, your RBs powered their way on every run to pick up that extra yard on every play. If Lee can learn to throw, y'all will have some weapons next year.

Now, the end...

I was sitting next to 4 NU guys and we had a lot of friendly banter. It was funny. We would compliment each other during the game and in mid-sentence yell "Hell yeah! Knock that sumabitch down!" and then complete the thought. I know that this won't be popular, but there should have been 2 seconds left on the clock. I HATE the fact that the ending was so controversial. Both teams had their hearts broken at one point. I'll say this,everyone got their $ worth. Except for a drunken fool, who ended up falling down the stairs and taken out on a stretcher, your fans were pure class. I still scratch my head on why your kicker kicked the ball out of bounds...

So congrats on an outstanding showing Huskers. I know that losing puts a damper on things, but you have NOTHING to be ashamed about. Like Apollo Creed once said to Rocky "Ain't gonna be no rematch."

Hats off to you and beat the hell out of your next opponent!

OK, ur a Texas fan. Say what you want about the game. But will you at least admit that that pass interference call (on the out of bounds throw on a 3rd down, when Texas was out of field goal range), which ultimately gave you guys a field goal & a 13-12 win, was complete bulls&it?

spankytoes, you don't have to admit that, bad calls are made it's part of the game. i mean, there was that one kickoff that was downed on the one, looked like the guy might have fumbled the ball on the one, who knows, just the nature of the game. in a one point game, it is anyone's game. i think UT is the better team, but by just one point. we played great, very close to our best, but that is not always enough. both teams should be proud. i appreciate your thoughts.

I think that there were bad calls on BOTH sides of the ball. Unfortunately, the questionable calls in the last minute are what will stick in people's minds the most. As you stated, Marquis did not have full possession of the ball when his knee went down on the 1. There was an uncalled hold on one of the NU receivers on your second FG drive. Take away the latter and NU has a 4th and 7 and are in a punting situation. Then the last FG wouldn't have been necessary. (Albeit, I doubt that they would have kicked their final FG if this was he case)

It's unfortunate as a fan because you don't want to win that way. Up until the end I was prepared to say how both teams beat the hell out of each other for 60 minutes and what a classic defensive game we saw. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy (thankful) for the win. But both teams deserve better than playing the "what if" game.

Now my heartbeat has finally gotten back to normal. All I can do is sweat until they make an official announcement that we will play Bama and hope that the voters won't revolt.

Yes, there were bad calls on both sides on the balls. But the bad calls that went in Nebraska's favor (mostly a couple off sides penalties, they may have been legit for all I know, but I'll give Texas the benefit of the doubt) didnt affect the ultimate outcome of the game. The bad calls that went in Texas' favor did.

Enjoy your victory, Texas totally deserves it

I know that this won't be popular, but there should have been 2 seconds left on the clock.

OK...there has never been a comment on Huskerboard that I felt I had to respond to more than that one...so...

:wtf and :dis and :xcuse and :facepalm: and :bs: and :bad and :lame and :steam and :rollin and :hookerhorns

Well, to be fair, I was posting from the perspective in the stands. After seeing the review, the ball clearly hit the railing out of bounds with 1 second left on the clock. The correct call was made. However, if I as in y'all's position, I wouldn't be to happy about how it all went down either. But, as the poster above said, NU shouldn't have put themselves in the position to let a FG decide the outcome. Kick the ball inbounds, don't horsecollar Shipley, and we may be having a very different conversation.

Nebraska didnt put themselves in a position to let a field goal decide the game, the referees put us in that position. That pass interference call which game u guys a field goal was complete 100% pure bull****. The ball was thrown out of bounds, if ur receiver wouldve caught that ball, well then, that wouldve been the greatest catch in the history of football

The PI call infuriated me, but resetting the clock made me angry beyond words. There was no reason to even review the freakin' play and adjust the time clock. When the ref blew the whistle, there was ZERO seconds on the clock. END OF GAME!!! Neb should have won 12-10! And with Colt McCoy talking smack about our O only scoring 12... WTF! There superior offense only scored 13. Obviously I'm bitter at this time, but that was ridiculous officiating that handed the game to Texas!! No way that was a good call and no way should the time clock have been adjusted. The game is done and over now, but at the very least, I hope the refs get the crap fined out of them and an official apology is given!! What a cheap win!

EDIT: ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look, NU was in a position to win and did not. it is as simple as that. they could have won it on the field and they did not, but they had the chance to win, and it did not work out. i am going to remember this for when you all complain about how some fans are complaining about how we stole the victory. Mizzou and Buff fans, take note for when you get to complain about losing a close one and wanting to blame the obviously biased refs.

There is so much stuff going around I don't know what to believe but this is the Big 12 Championship...an explanation is clearly due. I am sure there must be reporters digging through archives right now...surely there must be another college football game in history where the clock was out and time was put back on and gave a team another play? If so, I'd really like to see how the circumstances stack up against what happened tonight.

I dont have a problem with the referees putting a second back on the clock. Yes, I thought the game was over when the clock hit :00 & someone posted the theres an NCAA rule which makes putting a second back on the clock in such a situation when there was no penalty illegal, but whatever. If there was still a second left on the clock when the ball hit the ground, then there was a second left.

My issue is with the bulls*** pass interference call which gave Texas a field goal. There is no way in hell that ball was catchable & the referee who called pass interference should have whatever pay he received for referreing (sp?) the game taken away & should never be allowed to referee another football game again, ever

I dont have a problem with the referees putting a second back on the clock. Yes, I thought the game was over when the clock hit :00 & someone posted the theres an NCAA rule which makes putting a second back on the clock in such a situation when there was no penalty illegal, but whatever. If there was still a second left on the clock when the ball hit the ground, then there was a second left.

My issue is with the bulls*** pass interference call which gave Texas a field goal. There is no way in hell that ball was catchable & the referee who called pass interference should have whatever pay he received for referreing (sp?) the game taken away & should never be allowed to referee another football game again, ever

yeah, they should review the calls and penalize refs for making horrible calls, i am just saying that it is unfair to UT and their fans to blame the refs for the win, that is all.

that loss hurt, bad. but we had plenty of opportunities to win it and did not, that is all you can ask for.