Does Watson GO?

Watson  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

watson's offense has been pretty darn good the last 2 years. this is an O line and QB issue. we need a better O line coach and we need to get a QB developed. we won 9 games last year because of our OFFENSE we won 9 games this year because of our DEFENSE. next year we put it all together, we need STAFF CONTINUITY.

I don't care how many injuries you've suffered. I've never seen an offense this inept. Watson was very slow to react. And every time he calls a Zac Lee option I cringe.

It there isn't marked improvement early next year Bo Pelini should follow Mark Richt's lead and start canning Watson and offensive coaches.

not to burst any bubbles but the online only gave up one sack....jus sayin...texas's o line had more trouble with our d :)!

Did you watch the game, though? They were getting absolutely manhandled. Zac wasn't allowed any time on most of his throws, and our runs were blown up before they could develop for the most part. Helu had a nice run in the 2nd half, he made something happen while his guards were being pushed backwards 5 yards and counting from the LOS.

It might not have been the worst offensive display, but it was pretty darn close. Watson probably is and should be ashamed of himself. I'd rather he just try to focus an being good at one type of offense rather than being really bad at four different types of offense. We've seen him use the option, the spread, the west coast and power football. Please help me if I've left something out.

Im gonna say this once and never again. You guys can blast me afterwards.

What did we know about our offense during the offseason before our season started?

QB - Inexperienced and no experienced depth

RB - Helu Jr. is our guy and after that ??????

WR - No play-makers, young, and inexperienced

TE - The only strength of our offense

OL - Young and no game-time experience

The result...

QB - Inconsistency and bad execution

RB - Injured Helu and Burkhead and no one steps up

WR - Dropped passes and penatlies

TE - Not used as much as we thought

OL - Inconsistent play, penalties and poor execution

My take, give Watson one more year with these guys and gauge their progression during the offseason and next year to see if Watson is the right guy. In the meantime, Watson needs to decide during the offseason, what kind of offense he wants to run next year and for the rest of his time with the program if he wants to keep his job.