Would the game have been any different if Cody Green was playing?

I think Cody Green would have thrown a couple of more INT's... perhaps a couple of delay of games, burned timeouts... he has a LONG way too go, looks really uncomfortable out there. It is really a concern... who are we going to play next year? Will Spano be the guy? (did I see him suited up on the sideline? is he healthy now?)

Isn't the biggest problem our O-line though... even super man couldn't find a seam anywhere tonight.

Okay, I am going to say that I really hope Green starts the bowl game. I have said all season that I thought Lee was the right guy......... Standing next to each at CU, Green is a friggin man-child compared to Lee. Hell, he had 2 sneaks for 5 yds tonight...

I don't think the staff have put him in good situations the past 2 games. For goodness sake, give thekid a chance to run the offense. At CU when Lee got hurt, it was 2nd and 10 from our own 15 or so..then we jump offside, making it 2nd and 15 inside our own 15...... 1 handoff and an option keep on 3rd and 12....then Lee comes back.

Tonight, put him in in a tight game on his own 2, then we jump and we are on the 1. 2 sneaks.......then they ask him to throw a ball from his own endzone vs a great Tex defense... yes, he had time, but c'mon, his 1st attempt in that situation. Lee has thrown horrible balls from easier situations. I just wish that they would give him a chance somewhere other than the shadows of his own goalposts.

Thought being, yes, Zac should have played most of the year to get us to this point. BUT, now that you are in a bowl game, basically playing for pride/recruiting, it might be a great time to give Cody a month of practice and a chance to see what he has, especially if you think he has a realistic chance to start next year.

Okay, I am going to say that I really hope Green starts the bowl game. I have said all season that I thought Lee was the right guy......... Standing next to each at CU, Green is a friggin man-child compared to Lee. Hell, he had 2 sneaks for 5 yds tonight...

I don't think the staff have put him in good situations the past 2 games. For goodness sake, give thekid a chance to run the offense. At CU when Lee got hurt, it was 2nd and 10 from our own 15 or so..then we jump offside, making it 2nd and 15 inside our own 15...... 1 handoff and an option keep on 3rd and 12....then Lee comes back.

Tonight, put him in in a tight game on his own 2, then we jump and we are on the 1. 2 sneaks.......then they ask him to throw a ball from his own endzone vs a great Tex defense... yes, he had time, but c'mon, his 1st attempt in that situation. Lee has thrown horrible balls from easier situations. I just wish that they would give him a chance somewhere other than the shadows of his own goalposts.

Thought being, yes, Zac should have played most of the year to get us to this point. BUT, now that you are in a bowl game, basically playing for pride/recruiting, it might be a great time to give Cody a month of practice and a chance to see what he has, especially if you think he has a realistic chance to start next year.

Honestly, the thing I am most pissed about was the one drive they gave Cody, and then they yanked him out.

I'm sorry, but what did it accomplish? The coaches have been pulling players keeping them on the sideline for a drive or two to "give them perspective", and very little good has ever come of it. If anything it throws off the offense.

Why put CG in for one drive at the 1 yard line and then yank him? The kid was going up against the best defense we have played this year and they weren't giving him a whole lot of room to work with. CG did not run the power run/option game in high school. Nothing they called played to his strengths.

That was the most frustrating thing for me today.

+1

I think that using the "we will pull you at any time method" has been completely ineffective and has served on point other than screwing w/ our offense and adding MORE problems to the mix. It left our offense w/o any identity and they never really had the chance to master any plays because no one ever knew who was starting or what was happening. I just thought that whole situation was screwy. Support your starter and show some freakin' confidence in them!

I don't think that's a "we will pull you at any time" at all. In fact, I think that was a show of support for Zach, if anything. Just like the TT game. Coaches got Zac's back. He was getting murdered out there and was in no rhythm at all. Get him out, cool him down for a bit then send him back in. It never looked to me like it was ever intended to be a permanent demotion.

Nothing like what happened with Green in the OU game.

To say that Zac Lee was the best shot we had is both true and horrifying. The problem is that even though he gets absolutely no help from anyone, the chances he does have to throw usually result in incompletions anyway. And this has been the same way all season. Kid can't throw––to anyone. Nothing short or medium, anyhow. And against a Texas secondary, you're begging to get picked off firing it fifty yards downfield.

A deep bomb to Paul that was caught but dropped after an excellent hit by the safety. A fade to Kinnie that he needed to bring in bounds. A drop by Paul dragging across the field while in the face of ridiculously fast pressure on 3rd down.

Zac had some bad throws, but he had some nice ones too considering the pressure he was under. Cody's throw, on the other hand. Geez! Almost as bad as Zac's first pick. Cody had time and a man, but he just throew that nowhere near him.

Whoever posted this earlier above I agree with. Cody Green started his series like on the 1 yd line and ran two qb sneeks in a row and then threw it on 3 and 6 or so and didn't really have any room to breathe. I think if they would've put Green in one more series where he had some room to work with I think he would've did a whole lot better.

Lee screwed up so many passes it was horrible. The INT pass that he threw to Paul. He didn't throw the ball toward Pauls right shoulder but instead threw it way left and had an easy pick. Don't forget the pass to Kinnie in the endzone that he did catch but he was already out of bounds.