A worrying thought...

This is such a ridiculous topic. When we are backed up at our own 1 yard line of course ANY qb is going to have trouble moving the chains. How many chances did Green get? He got one series and that series came to end not because it was his fault, it was because we can't do crap on offense under pressure. You should ask "I wonder when Green is actually going to get more than 5 minutes to lead the offense in a situation that is reasonable". Then if you want to say I wonder how bad he is, say it. He is just as capable as Lee and I was kind of annoyed that he wasn't getting a legit chance on a drive.

Zac Taylor year one vs year 2? giant leap. I expect the same from Zack Lee. Experience pays off in this offense. When Lee is gone Green will have had 2 years in this offense and be ready too take over. let these guys get some time :snacks: You can't expect every guy to come in and be great no matter who they are. Green will be good in the long run. Lee will be MUCH better next year. If not i'll get a tattoo on my ass that says " I was wrong"

I really think that what it comes down to is that Lee is a good practice player that works hard and is ahead of Green in practice. I really hope that is the case and that Green isn't a melon, because anybody that thinks Lee isn't a melon doesn't know a damn thing about football. Albeit that our line didn't help him much Sat. night but common, when you have 3 int and only 6 completions.. somethings wrong.

I've said it over and over on this board, Zac Lee just isn't a D-I qb... i just hope that Green can turn into one over the offseason because the sky is the limit next year with alot of defense returning and a fairly easy schedule.

Um, can anyone tell me why the hell we have 5 Defensive Ends committed in this recruiting class?

Nepotism aside for the Cotton kid, why do we need 4 DE in this class?

We could use a few more positions of emphasis on the offensive side of the ball.

Oh wait, we are going to lose the WR Carter due to Carl talking about us switching to a more running style during the breakfast on Friday.

Lil Gabbert? unless he is phenomenal, I don't want him here, and he might be re-thinking again.

Oh yeah, all the offensive talent out there is already taken.

Someone was just out of there mind to recruit CG.

His high school film is crap.

What BO wants is bible thumpers (oh no, I said it)

You want championships?

You gotta recruit the Lawrence Philips and Johnny Rodgers of the world.

It's nice to have "character" players, unless you are tired of losing.

Osborne won with allot of good character players, but also a good helping of thugs too.

He just cared enough to try to develop them.

BC even recruited a few questionable ones, "Culbert" etc.

Bo thinks winning will cure all the recruiting issues...

Newsflash, defense DOES NOT ALWAYS WIN championships.

Where are the OLine recruits? or are you going to convert half the DE's into OL's???

Maybe that is the plan...

I don't see how NU does any better than 9 wins next year...

rant off/

It's like night and day for our last two QBs.

Ganz came in and no one knew what to expect. Kid was never that good in practice, but got his chance because we simply had no one else. Kid was a gamer though and killed it once he got in.

Then we have Zac Lee who looks like a complete stud in practices, even against our defense. Makes alot of good throws. But once he plays the game, it's like a switch goes off and he goes mentally ill. Same for our line and WRs as well.

Cody needed his RS pretty badly. This is why Spano's injury hurt so badly. Coaches knew we needed him to be the backup which is why they stupidly pushed him back way ahead of schedule.

Hopefully Kody is alright and can compete. He will be the best passer of the bunch for us when he comes back. Sadly, will likely never get his chance because our coaches seem to play favorites, which is pitiful.

It's like night and day for our last two QBs.

Ganz came in and no one knew what to expect. Kid was never that good in practice, but got his chance because we simply had no one else. Kid was a gamer though and killed it once he got in.

Then we have Zac Lee who looks like a complete stud in practices, even against our defense. Makes alot of good throws. But once he plays the game, it's like a switch goes off and he goes mentally ill. Same for our line and WRs as well.

Cody needed his RS pretty badly. This is why Spano's injury hurt so badly. Coaches knew we needed him to be the backup which is why they stupidly pushed him back way ahead of schedule.

Hopefully Kody is alright and can compete. He will be the best passer of the bunch for us when he comes back. Sadly, will likely never get his chance because our coaches seem to play favorites, which is pitiful.

could you go into that a little more? I assume you are talking about the O-coaches.

Pellini is a Defesive coach... our O coaching is a bad fit and bad direction. Cody is no different than any other true freshman... infact prob better than most. He, even said he know's about half the offense and when asked how many plays he was comfortable with, his answer was "about 270"...... enough said??? WTH do we need 540 plays for??? We need a OC that is not a lingering effect of an overblown ego. Hell maybe we can get one that can teach QBs to play and maybe, just possibly, one that could evaluate the performance of the assistants under him. He shouldn't call a coach that cannot get it done, "the best coach in football"... most teams would love to have the guys on our O-line and to be honest.. Cody would be kicking some serious A** if he played for a team that could coach him in a "learnable" system.... Ive seen linbackers converted to QB and were/are VERY successfull, just in the last couple years...

Sorry just a little pissed over our production. :dunno:dunno

This is such a ridiculous topic. When we are backed up at our own 1 yard line of course ANY qb is going to have trouble moving the chains. How many chances did Green get? He got one series and that series came to end not because it was his fault, it was because we can't do crap on offense under pressure. You should ask "I wonder when Green is actually going to get more than 5 minutes to lead the offense in a situation that is reasonable". Then if you want to say I wonder how bad he is, say it. He is just as capable as Lee and I was kind of annoyed that he wasn't getting a legit chance on a drive.

I took the OP to be more of a look into the year and their understanding of the system, ability to make plays, etc rather than a critique of 1 offensive series by Green in the most recent game we've played.