Fiesta Bowl Matchup is complete BS

husker_99

Agreed. This proves nothing for either of them. If one comes out looking far superior, they will still get no consideration for the Nat. Championship. Might as well just call it the mid-major championship game.

Also i think they played last year to in a lesser bowl and TCU ended up winning. Smart move by the power conferences but the other BCS bowls the matchups don't look that appealing. I mean come on Iowa and Georgia Tech?

Agree that this made the BCS bowls much less interesting.

Watching the BCS show where they are interviewing Patterson...is anyone else freaked out by all of teeth on the TCU chicks. Some nice looking girls but they were clearly told to smile big, and it's really, really freaky.

Haha. Yes, I noticed this too. Like, a lot of teeth.

Yeah it's a shame. Let both schools prove they belong there instead of just proving one doesn't.

Who would you have them play instead?

No team this season impressed me all that much.

I think Iowa or Penn St. were probably their only other choice..

What more would beating a weak BigTeleven has-been prove?

Sorry for the rant, but I've seen more than enough B11 games on TV this year (knocking my Husker games to PPV) and sick and tired of all the obnoxious Buckeye fans that have been coming out here lately.

Boise fans remind me of the friendly Husker fans back home and I'd imagine TCU fans are mighty nice, too.

Even the smurfy ones. :madash

Yeah it's a shame. Let both schools prove they belong there instead of just proving one doesn't.

Who would you have them play instead?

No team this season impressed me all that much.

I think Iowa or Penn St. were probably their only other choice..

What more would beating a weak BigTeleven has-been prove?

Sorry for the rant, but I've seen more than enough B11 games on TV this year (knocking my Husker games to PPV) and sick and tired of all the obnoxious Buckeye fans that have been coming out here lately.

Boise fans remind me of the friendly Husker fans back home and I'd imagine TCU fans are mighty nice, too.

Even the smurfy ones. :madash

I don't think anyone is questioning whether TCU and Boise should be in BCS bowls. We would just like to see them playing so-called "power conference" teams. redout's suggestion of TCU vs. FL and Boise vs. Cincy sounds fun to me.

It's great that both teams made it to a BCS game and no doubt it will be a great game that I will definitely watch, but if I'm a fan of Boise St or TCU, I'm very disappointed for two reasons:

1) This matchup took place last year

2) This matchup proves nothing and helps neither team prove to the country that they can take on the "big boys"