Leaving this Conference

C N Red

I have a better idea.

We'll petition to restart the South Western Conference, and make all the texas teams join, so we can play OU every year.

And the SWC won't recieve an automatic BCS bid

The South Western Conference is still going strong, and I'm sure they would welcome NU with open arms. Imagine all of the media we would capture by playing...

Alabama A&M

Alcorn State

Mississippi Valley St.

Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Grambling State

Prairie View A&M

Texas Southern Tigers

Best part is, we'd be playing in Baton Rouge every 2 years, but it wouldn't be LSU!!!

We really, really need to get out of this conference! Is there any way to get this process started quickly? A petition or what?

I'm not saying we completely lost to Texas because of biases because our offense sucked, but you cannot tell me there is not biases toward Texas and the South Division teams.

Texas people are crooked as hell and there is money being traded and pushed all over down there. They have many, many, many very rich people in the state compared to our few. We cannot keep up with the amount of payoffs they can make.

Even Osborne has said he is worried about this conference being too controlled by southern influences. I think we need an exit strategy and we need to get to implementing it soon!

I know the Little 11 would be the obvious choice and we could finally give them their 12th team to make a new conference, but I believe the SEC would also be a possibility. There are a couple teams I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting rid of(Kentucky or Vandy).

Either way, we have to get out of this crooked BS Big 12 southern biased conference. There is too much money and power in the south to get a fair shake.

If we don't change conferences then it needs to be looked at a way to reallign the conference. Split up the Texas teams and OU and OKie state into different divisions so you will have 2 Texas teams and 1 Oklahoma team in each division.

Yes, our offense sucks and probably was more to blame for the loss than anything, but the Big 12 conference also sucks and I for one am sick of it and its BS!!!

Mountain West Conference would also be a nice fit at least geographcially. Honestly though we need to tell Baylor to GTFO out of the conference and get TCU. That would strenghten it up a bit.

Wait, you want to take the one below average team in the South and replace them with TCU and you think that would solve the problem?

I don't follow the reasoning of how that would help even out the conference divisions...............

Well right now the South division pretty much belongs to Texas and Oklahoma. Taking out Baylor and putting in TCU would be able to challenge Texas and Oklahoma. TCU has been good the last 6 years. Baylor hasn't had a winning season ever in the Big 12. I mean seriously the South division is a two horse race. Every now and then you get Texas Tech and A&M. TCU would be another team to challenge. The only consistent deadweight the North has had has been Iowa State.

Well, OK. I would argue, however, that the entire North has been a deadweight and adding TCU to the south would only extrapolate this dilemma. Just don't see the benefit.....

Seriously though...The Big 12 needs to have it's own television network. If those pussies in the Big 10 can manage to put one together, there is no reason the morons who administrate the Big 12 can't manage to do it....well, aside from Beebe having his head up his ass.

Frankly, all the Texas teams can leave and I wouldn't miss em. Hell, they have enough teams in their own state that they can put together their own little league...Texas, A&M, Tech, Baylor, Rice, SMU, Houston, UTEP, TCU...among others. Save all the travel expenses and go back to the Big 8 configuration where everybody plays everybody and the last man standing is the winner of the conference.

If you have to stick with a 12 team configuration bring in some quality teams that aren't a hassle to travel to for everybody...Wyoming would be a good one, maybe give a spot to SDSU to give Iowa State somebody to beat once in a while. If we had a TV package, I think it would be fairly easy to get someone like Minnesota to jump from the Big 10 since they always get the short end of the stick in that conference. Maybe even a Wisconsin or Illinois could be convinced to opt out of their conference and jump in the new Big 12. If not, Air Force or Nortern Illinois type team could do it. You could still draw up your North/South conferences if you had to with the South being Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Okie State, Kansas State and maybe a Nevada or Utah type school. The North could be Nebraska, Iowa State, Colorado, Wyoming and maybe a Minnesota/Wisconsin/SDSU or Air Force combination....

Never happen though...the Big 12 is here to stay.... :bang

To be the devil's advocate...

If Nebraska were to embrace the rumors, and jump to the Big 10, that would help them quite a bit. No more Texas, OU, Mizzou, K St, etc every year. In the Big XII, you have to have an offense to be great. In the Big 10, you don't. Makes too much sense for them to leave.

We really, really need to get out of this conference! Is there any way to get this process started quickly? A petition or what?

I'm not saying we completely lost to Texas because of biases because our offense sucked, but you cannot tell me there is not biases toward Texas and the South Division teams.

Texas people are crooked as hell and there is money being traded and pushed all over down there. They have many, many, many very rich people in the state compared to our few. We cannot keep up with the amount of payoffs they can make.

Even Osborne has said he is worried about this conference being too controlled by southern influences. I think we need an exit strategy and we need to get to implementing it soon!

I know the Little 11 would be the obvious choice and we could finally give them their 12th team to make a new conference, but I believe the SEC would also be a possibility. There are a couple teams I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting rid of(Kentucky or Vandy).

Either way, we have to get out of this crooked BS Big 12 southern biased conference. There is too much money and power in the south to get a fair shake.

If we don't change conferences then it needs to be looked at a way to reallign the conference. Split up the Texas teams and OU and OKie state into different divisions so you will have 2 Texas teams and 1 Oklahoma team in each division.

Yes, our offense sucks and probably was more to blame for the loss than anything, but the Big 12 conference also sucks and I for one am sick of it and its BS!!!

We only need one rich guy, and his name is Warren Buffett.!

I believe the best option is kicking Texas out of the BIG XII. They were pandered to when they created the BIG XII. They have been pandered to throughout it's existence. Let them fend for themselves as an indpendant. Pick up TCU and give somebody less demanding, less arrogant, and more classy a shot at BCS titles.

Mountain West Conference would also be a nice fit at least geographcially. Honestly though we need to tell Baylor to GTFO out of the conference and get TCU. That would strenghten it up a bit.

Wait, you want to take the one below average team in the South and replace them with TCU and you think that would solve the problem?

I don't follow the reasoning of how that would help even out the conference divisions...............

Well right now the South division pretty much belongs to Texas and Oklahoma. Taking out Baylor and putting in TCU would be able to challenge Texas and Oklahoma. TCU has been good the last 6 years. Baylor hasn't had a winning season ever in the Big 12. I mean seriously the South division is a two horse race. Every now and then you get Texas Tech and A&M. TCU would be another team to challenge. The only consistent deadweight the North has had has been Iowa State.

Well, OK. I would argue, however, that the entire North has been a deadweight and adding TCU to the south would only extrapolate this dilemma. Just don't see the benefit.....

I hear the Mid-American Conference is open for applications. Maybe Frank Solich would put in a good word for us. <_<

I say TO should call a meeting of all the old Big 8 schools and invite TCU, Utah, and Boise State to study the formation of a new conference. This would at the very least get some attention from the Big 12 who smugly ignore us in the old Big 8!

Seriously though...The Big 12 needs to have it's own television network. If those pussies in the Big 10 can manage to put one together, there is no reason the morons who administrate the Big 12 can't manage to do it....well, aside from Beebe having his head up his ass.

Frankly, all the Texas teams can leave and I wouldn't miss em. Hell, they have enough teams in their own state that they can put together their own little league...Texas, A&M, Tech, Baylor, Rice, SMU, Houston, UTEP, TCU...among others. Save all the travel expenses and go back to the Big 8 configuration where everybody plays everybody and the last man standing is the winner of the conference.

If you have to stick with a 12 team configuration bring in some quality teams that aren't a hassle to travel to for everybody...Wyoming would be a good one, maybe give a spot to SDSU to give Iowa State somebody to beat once in a while. If we had a TV package, I think it would be fairly easy to get someone like Minnesota to jump from the Big 10 since they always get the short end of the stick in that conference. Maybe even a Wisconsin or Illinois could be convinced to opt out of their conference and jump in the new Big 12. If not, Air Force or Nortern Illinois type team could do it. You could still draw up your North/South conferences if you had to with the South being Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Okie State, Kansas State and maybe a Nevada or Utah type school. The North could be Nebraska, Iowa State, Colorado, Wyoming and maybe a Minnesota/Wisconsin/SDSU or Air Force combination....

I'm calling bullsh*t on the Horns getting pandered to. Oklahoma has that honor. Texas comes in second. Texas has gotten screwed by OU over and over. Look at how many Big XII title games OU has been in compared to Texas over the last 5-6 years. Look at last year. Texas beat OU head to head, but OU got the go-ahead over them.

I agree that all of the Texas teams should be in the same conference, and we should go back to the Big 8. Blame it on Arkansas. They dimed out the rest of the Southwest Conference back in the early '80s, and got the entire conference with the exception of themselves, and Rice (who is academic first), put on probabation, where they lost a ton of scholarships and revenue. At that time, the SWC was dominant. SMU was in national championship talks, so was Texas, Baylor was awesome, etc. As a result, SMU was the only program in the history of the NCAA to get the death penalty and lose their team for two years, which they are still recovering from. Then in the early '90s, after the SWC lost prestige and money, Arkansas jumped to the SEC, as the SWC fell apart. There was no way it could have held together, because there were only two decent teams, Texas and A&M.

Texas has more D1 teams than any other state with 10. They are about to get two more in the next 3-4 years, being University of Texas in San Antonio, and they will play in the Alamodome as their homefield. The other is Texas St down in San Marcos. That will give Texas 12 teams, which will be 10% of all D1 teams.

Here is my Texas confrence configuration. With these new teams, I would do it like this:

Lonestar Confrence

North

North Texas

TCU

SMU

Texas Tech

UTEP

Baylor

South

Texas

Texas A&M

UTSA

Texas St

Houston

Rice

I'm calling bullsh*t on the Horns getting pandered to. Oklahoma has that honor. Texas comes in second. Texas has gotten screwed by OU over and over. Look at how many Big XII title games OU has been in compared to Texas over the last 5-6 years. Look at last year. Texas beat OU head to head, but OU got the go-ahead over them.

I agree that all of the Texas teams should be in the same conference, and we should go back to the Big 8. Blame it on Arkansas. They dimed out the rest of the Southwest Conference back in the early '80s, and got the entire conference with the exception of themselves, and Rice (who is academic first), put on probabation, where they lost a ton of scholarships and revenue. At that time, the SWC was dominant. SMU was in national championship talks, so was Texas, Baylor was awesome, etc. As a result, SMU was the only program in the history of the NCAA to get the death penalty and lose their team for two years, which they are still recovering from. Then in the early '90s, after the SWC lost prestige and money, Arkansas jumped to the SEC, as the SWC fell apart. There was no way it could have held together, because there were only two decent teams, Texas and A&M.

Texas has more D1 teams than any other state with 10. They are about to get two more in the next 3-4 years, being University of Texas in San Antonio, and they will play in the Alamodome as their homefield. The other is Texas St down in San Marcos. That will give Texas 12 teams, which will be 10% of all D1 teams.

Here is my Texas confrence configuration. With these new teams, I would do it like this:

Lonestar Confrence

North

North Texas

TCU

SMU

Texas Tech

UTEP

Baylor

South

Texas

Texas A&M

UTSA

Texas St

Houston

Rice

It goes without saying, of course, that the Lonestar Conference should be non-BCS! :)