Reflection of Perfection

My friend who works for HuskerVision said the University was unloadiing some inventory it had and he offered me 50 copies of a CD called reflection of perfection. I don't know if anyone has seen it but it's basically 40 minutes highlighting the 1995 team team and the fiesta bowl. It has behind the scenes interviews from Coach Osborne, Charlie McBride that have never been aired. It follows the team before they leave Lincoln to Tempe, Arizona. Several top players like Terrell Farley, Aaron Graham, Grant Wistrom, Christian Peter just to name a few are interviewed and give their input regarding the game and it gives some awesome highlights of the game. It features the halftime speach of Tom Osborne to the team and the second half of the game. It features post game celebrations in the locker room and the teams trip back to lincoln and being greated by thousands of fans.

Why am i bringing this up? Well i have 50 copies (well 49) and i don't really have use for 49 more copies, so i thought about giving them away. Now i know a few people are going to want a copy of this cd and I am willing to mail them out on my own expense, so if anyone has any ideas how to give them out fairly, let me know. And please don't pm me asking for a copy because that would not be fair to everyone. Any PM'S regarding a copy will be ignored.

Nameless,

Thats very generous of you, thanks. Of course you can distribute them how you please, but here are a couple ideas that might make it easier:

*Hand them out at our Huskerboard tailgate & Omaha watch parties during the first few games -- people would be required to give their username -- or we could have contests... like the spoon-egg carry & 3-legged races. (completely sober of course)

*For the members who cant make a game, we could give them away as prizes for the weekly score & rushing/passing prediction contests -- this would give everyone a fair chance. (we would pay for shipping in this case)

But whichever way you choose is fine with me. Thanks Nameless.

Nameless,

Great idea on sharing the xtra CD's with Husker fans! I don't have any other ideas besides what already has been posted. I will be watching the future post's with hopes that when you come up with a plan on giving them out I can particitate in some way.

SDHsker

You could give them to me and I'll figure a fair way! haha, j/k. Actually, I have that video saved on my DVR, it was aired on ESPN Classic about a month ago. When I watched that video I got goosebumps many, many times thinking about how good we once were.

I like the tailgate idea.

Nameless,

Thats very generous of you, thanks. Of course you can distribute them how you please, but here are a couple ideas that might make it easier:

*Hand them out at our Huskerboard tailgate & Omaha watch parties during the first few games -- people would be required to give their username -- or we could have contests... like the spoon-egg carry & 3-legged races. (completely sober of course)

*For the members who cant make a game, we could give them away as prizes for the weekly score & rushing/passing prediction contests -- this would give everyone a fair chance. (we would pay for shipping in this case)

But whichever way you choose is fine with me. Thanks Nameless.

That's a pretty good idea. Whatever i don't hand out at tha tailgate party by week 2, i will just let you know how many i have left and you can send them out as prizes to contest winners.

I think the tailgate idea is great, but try to keep and equal number to send out to those not so forunate to see the games Nameless. But they are yours and do as you see fit by all means. I appreciate your offer to give them out. Some negative things have been said, but I have never seen anything from you that indicates you are not a great Husker Fan and good person. Thanks for all the information you bring and provide.

Do we have a list of who will show up at the tail gate party. I plan to be there for the Wake Forest game, but will miss the Pittsburgh game I am afraid.

I hope you kids don't mind an old fart showing up for these.

Blackshirt, let me know if there is anything I can do for the tailgate.

I think the tailgate idea is great, but try to keep and equal number to send out to those not so forunate to see the games Nameless. But they are yours and do as you see fit by all means. I appreciate your offer to give them out. Some negative things have been said, but I have never seen anything from you that indicates you are not a great Husker Fan and good person. Thanks for all the information you bring and provide.

Do we have a list of who will show up at the tail gate party. I plan to be there for the Wake Forest game, but will miss the Pittsburgh game I am afraid.

Dont worry Skersfan, i know you well enough to know you are not the type of person who goes and says things behind peoples back. You are a straight shooter and are always honest and no matter how many people jump on your regarding your wake forest analysis, i tip my hat to you for putting yourself out there

skersfan,

Not quite yet. When I have more details about the location I'll start a thread to get discussion around who is planning to attend, and who will be bringing the snickerdoodles etc. ETR usually brings the big red popcorn balls, so you can check that one off the list.

Absolutely you are welcome -- old farts, new farts, even our resident "chick" is welcome. ;) Heck I even saw some discussion b/t Stuck & Former about tipping some back together, so it seems it will be a very eclectic event, yet singular at the same time. :cheers

As of right now I only have tickets for the Wake, ISU & KSU games -- but if I'm not there one of the other mods surely will to make sure the Hboard flag is flying high.

Thanks for the offer to help -- no requests at the moment, but Im sure we will need a hand or two when it gets closer to go-time.