Question about Recent Decommits....

Here's why I think we have the coaches telling these guys,"If you aren't solid then we are going to look in a different direction."

We have a limited number of scholarships this year, that is known. Maybe there are more players interested in coming to Nebraska than we have spots open, so the coaches made an executive decision to tell these recruits, "either you're in or you're out" so they aren't holding a committment but aren't solid. Therefore these committments aren't being wasted without the player wavering. Maybe after this last weekend a few more D recruits have become more interested and they need to make room.

Carter and Gabbert both seemed to be high on Watson......I take their recent decommits as signs that Watson will be gone after the season

This is a possibility, but why would Watson give them that impression? I don't believe he would. Plus Gilmore was the one who met with Curtis, not Watson and I don't think Gilmore would let on that Watson is out after the season. Unless Gilmore is also out too. While I can see this as a possibility I think it is less likely.

I think some of you are missing one point on this watson thing. If he is gone, whoever comes in to replace him is gonna be a BIG decider of who else stays on the offensive staff. He is gonna want to bring in people who he thinks can teach his system best....

And your point is?

Whoops, I was replying to post #4, Just forgot to add the quote.

I think some of you are missing one point on this watson thing. If he is gone, whoever comes in to replace him is gonna be a BIG decider of who else stays on the offensive staff. He is gonna want to bring in people who he thinks can teach his system best....

And your point is?

:LOLtartar

I was like...so your saying we might lose Barney or Gilmore...ok!

And your point is?

:LOLtartar

I was like...so your saying we might lose Barney or Gilmore...ok!

Oh dont get me wrong, that wouldnt bother me in the slightest way!

If the OC is replaced, it's more likely that someone would be promoted from within, rather than hiring from the outside.

• Fire 1

If the OC is replaced, it's more likely that someone would be promoted from within, rather than hiring from the outside.

Like who? Cotton? God forbid! Be careful what you wish for...

The hot rumor right now is Beck, with Sims taking an assistant position(presumably RB coach for Beck).

• Fire 1

The hot rumor right now is Beck, with Sims taking an assistant position(presumably RB coach for Beck).

This makes sense. I have kind of assumed that Beck was being groomed for OC, part of why I think Bo got him away from KU actually. I also think it is possible that Gilmore is out and Sims comes on as the WR/Recruiting Coordinator. Sims has been a RC in the past with a lot of success.