State of the 2010 Recruiting Class

So far we only have 5 offensive recruits by my count and three of those are O-lineman. We need receivers and a QB. No matter how much some of you want to downplay the loss of Carter and Gabbert there is no denying that it does sting. Our offense is what needs fixed now, not the defense which looks to be dare I say "reloading". We can't get better on offense if we don't recruit offense. I believe Carter and Gabbert did not decommitt because of our lack of offense instead; I believe they de-committed because Watson and Gilmore have silently left the building. So how do we get at least 3-4 more offensive recruits in this class and is there space for them? Do you look for this class, in then end, to have more offensive/defensive balance than it currently has? To be honest, I am worried

So far we only have 5 offensive recruits by my count and three of those are O-lineman. We need receivers and a QB. No matter how much some of you want to downplay the loss of Carter and Gabbert there is no denying that it does sting. Our offense is what needs fixed now, not the defense which looks to be dare I say "reloading". We can't get better on offense if we don't recruit offense. I believe Carter and Gabbert did not decommitt because of our lack of offense instead; I believe they de-committed because Watson and Gilmore have silently left the building. So how do we get at least 3-4 more offensive recruits in this class and is there space for them? Do you look for this class, in then end, to have more offensive/defensive balance than it currently has? To be honest, I am worried

Actually, the reason we have so many more defensive recruits is b/c of the breakdown of our roster. I forget the specific number but we have something like 40 players returning on offense next year and around 25 for defense.

Obviously something needs to change on offense but with so many people back on that side of the ball, it's hard to bring in many more.

I wouldn't be too worried about the fact that we don't have a lot of offensive recruits at all. We have Bell, Cooper, Marlowe and Osborne all either freshmen or sophmores at WR so that's not too big of a need with two already committed. I would love to get a rb in this class, namely Lamb or McConico and it's been said that we are at the top for Austin Hill so that would give us three wr's for this class with four underclassmen already on the team. I would also like another qb, someone like Robinson but that might be a long shot. Overall we have three very, very solid o linemen, two wr's with a third likely, a dynamic TE and we are in on some very good rb's. I guess what more do you need?

Don't we only have 1 wr?

Tyler Evans will start at WR I believe. I agree the losses sting. I hate to lose quality players anytime. I really am miffed at Carter. However I think this class is going to be a pretty good one. I would like to see them get 2 more WR's though, but if they only get an Austin Hill let's say then I would be ok with that. 2 WR's, OO, Cooper, and a RB would make me happy. I think the depth at RB dictates a need there now. I am not sure a QB is dire for this class, would like one for sure, but they have Green for 3 more years, Spano for 3 more years, Martinez for 4 more years, and Lee and Washington for 1 more year (both providing bench depth). I think if they don't get a QB this year then as long as they get a good one next year they will be doing pretty good IMO, but they would HAVE to get one in 2011 otherwise we will have issues.

If we are honest, this recruiting class if OO doesn't sign will be a big disappointment. We need talented skill people on offense and I'm not sure we get anything close. Got what should be a great offensive tackle and two possible really good DTs, but comparing our haul to that of other Big 12 teams isn't pretty.

I just looked at the top 250 of Rivals. Oklahoma and Texas and even TT have or are in on to the end some great players. We of course knew that. The bad thing is that Misery has a number of those top 250s along with now Gabbert and CC that wasn't on the list and lead for sasser that we could really use.

. Why are they leading with Marcus Lucas with all the wide recievers they have? Why dont' we get a M Lucus to at least visit? Because nobody knows if we are going to throw the ball. They have it would appear Franklin and Gabbert. Why wouldn't franklin be interested in Nebraska? Our offense is unsettled and we just haven't committed to a philosphy. Damien and Ealy will be studs. With Turner graduating we should have made a huge play for Ealy.

In spite of the fact that Bo is likely a defensive genius we cannot stay ahead of Misery if they get the top players and we don't. This year had better be a fluke or we will need more than a genius to stay on top. great to fill holes with great jucos but its not a program builder. our recruiting needs a whole new approach. It may be that the game day experience is way too early and the staff doesn't have the recruits as a high priority. Also if we lose, it is hard to not be down. Then if that is their official, they have weeks and weeks before they visit other schools and we can't have them for another official. Having officials to seal the deal now might make more sense. Anyway what we are doing this year.....ain't working.