The new way?

Twodocs

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...%20like%20flint

urban dictiory

1. In like flint 62 up, 28 down

buy in like flint mugs, tshirts and magnets1)In like flint is a term used to describe when one is in a very favorable position

2) One is going to have intercourse in a very lucky and speedious manner

3)One has just aquired special position by means of extreme luck

1) Dude, my dad works at the Kwik-E Mart, so I'm in like flint!

2)Man that chick digs you, your in like flint

3)I'm branch manager now, I'm in like flint!

by Raz-Matazz Apr 22, 2005 share this

2. In like flint 27 up, 27 down

buy in like flint mugs, tshirts and magnetsIn like Flynn" as opposed to "In like Flint"

Man! Get it right, or at least try. IN LIKE (Errol) Flynn? In like Flint is the movie play off of "IN LIKE FLYNN". When I was 13 I thought the same thing, but as it go's I'm into old sayings and I asked around. You know old people rock. And I have also found some other odd stuff you should know on the web that i did not know. All very cool. So this is it so far....

: : : "In like Flynn" as opposed to "In like Flynne"

: : : In Australia the phrase "In like Flynn" seems to be used to denote that one is well accepted into a particular group or culture or that one is safe or secure or that something is deeply and securely imbedded.

: : : The phrase seems to be linked to a famous Australian Presbyterian Clergyman and Missionary, the Very Reverend John Flynn (1880 to 1951). His fame is based on his work and involvement in developing the Royal Flying Doctor Service and the "Pedal Radio" in the late 1920's and early 1930's.

: : : His base of operations for much of his ministry was at (Australian Inland Mission) Alice Springs in Central Australia.

: : : John Flynn became a legend in his own life time and was widely known as "Flynn of the Inland"

: : : Because the town of Alice Springs is so geographically centrally located in Australia it is generally deemed not possible to get any further into the interior.

: : : Hence the phrase "in like Flynn" in an Australian context.

: : It would be interesting to know the...

more...

in like flynn in like flint in like flynne in like flin in like i don't know. why do you need five. i don't have them!!!!!

by Hodag-head May 9, 2007 share this

3. In like flint 20 up, 23 down

buy in like flint mugs, tshirts and magnetsAustin Powers' favorite movie.

"It's In Like Flint! That's my favorite movie!"

I think the expression is "in like Flynn."

No, no, I thought that too, but it IS actually; "in like Flint" from the late 60's movie title...

Unless I've missed an earlier reference...

"Flynn" referred to Errol Flynn - 1920's and 30's actor, noted for his drinking, wildness and womanizing and his trial for statutory rape of 2 underaged girls (found Not Guilty) . Flynn died at age 50 while on a trip to British Columbia with his 15 year old girl friend.

The phrase, "In Like Flynn" supposedly became popular in WWII in the military to mean "everything's cool".

I don't know, but like Sh!tel said, I want some effin' answers now!!

Head on down to Pelini's office there, and let us know how that turns out. I'll call the ambulance. <_<

....ok?? Way to be a big tough guy. All my post was insinuating was that I want our offensive identity to start to take form sooner rather than later. Do you see anything happening? Do you not want answers? That's what I thought.

Also, I think Bo has more sense to beat me senseless for telling him I want answers. Kicking people's asses must be your way of solving things?

Shows alot about you.

If we are truly going to a running offense, wouldn't we now be recruiting shorter OLs, like we had during Osborne's days? Aren't they able to attack the defense lower to the ground? We just received a commitment from a 6 7 OL. Isn't he a pass-blocking OL? I'm no football expert. Some of you know a lot more than I do. Please give me your insight. :dunno

Going by the average size of the 10 BCS bowl teams Hardrick isn’t that far off of what the average starting OT is for those squads. The average of all 20 combined tackles is 6-5 304. Texas and Ohio State both start guys that are 6-8. GA Tech has the smallest at 6-2 257 but their other starter is 6-6 285(both 2nd teamers are 6-6 284). Oregon the offense that many want us to go to start guys that 6-5 295 & 6-4 295 but they also start an OG that is 6-7 323.

Alabama

6-5 300

6-7 305

Florida

6-6 300

6-5 320

Texas

6-8 320

6-6 310

Oregon

6-5 295

6-4 295

(OG) 6-7 323

TCU

6-4 320

6-6 355

GA Tech

6-2 257

6-6 285

(2nd Team OT) both 6-6 284

Cinn.

6-4 312

6-6 311

BSU

6-4 290

6-4 281

Iowa

6-6 312

6-7 315

OSU

6-4 297

6-8 298

Wow this thread is like a compost pile of useless opinions! Erroll Flynn, O-line size, Joe Ganz's coaching ability, talk about off freaking topic!

All is well I guess. Considering the original topic has been so beat to death on this board by now, that the haphazard mess this thread has become shouldn't really surprise me.

:backtotopicdedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse:backtotopic

Head on down to Pelini's office there, and let us know how that turns out. I'll call the ambulance. <_<

....ok?? Way to be a big tough guy. All my post was insinuating was that I want our offensive identity to start to take form sooner rather than later. Do you see anything happening? Do you not want answers? That's what I thought.

Also, I think Bo has more sense to beat me senseless for telling him I want answers. Kicking people's asses must be your way of solving things?

Shows alot about you.

I wasn't the the one who posted "I want some F'ing answers now!!" So don't turn this back on me, you're the idiot who posted it.

Bo only answers to TO, not you, not anybody else. You can demand all the "F'ing" answers you want. I'm betting on crickets chirping is about all the answer you're going to get.

Shows alot about you.

I wasn't the the one who posted "I want some F'ing answers now!!" So don't turn this back on me, you're the idiot who posted it.

Bo only answers to TO, not you, not anybody else. You can demand all the "F'ing" answers you want. I'm betting on crickets chirping is about all the answer you're going to get.

We already tried the "Cricket Chirping" offense this season.

While I can't speak for Erroll Flynn, the size of the offensive line, as in what would be most appropriate for whatever offense we might run, seems pretty dang relevant to me.

Joey Ganz - future intern for Nebraska football, coaching the offensive side of the ball. Also relevant.

We're just trying to prognosticate what might happen, because it seems a lot of people aren't going to get their wish of Watson getting his walking papers...

Shows alot about you.

Haha! Could you have taken my one line comment any more out of context?? Who cares if I said I want some effing answers?!?! Really!! Who cares?! I know Bo doesn't, I know TO doesn't, Hell, I dont' care that I said that, I said it because it was another way of me saying that I want them to figure out the offense because we obviously don't have one. If you aren't able to understand that, then the public school system and their ability to teach simple reading comprehension have failed you completely.

And oh no!! TO and BO don't answer to me?? Really?? You mean my anonymous post about wanting answers isn't going to come to fruition?? You mean I spent all that time typing those 50+ letters and it isn't even going to get answered??

Haha! This makes me smile. You're obviously having a bad day tough guy. I'm sorry to hear that.

One other thing, attack the post, not the poster. Have fun getting your warning level raised (or I'm keeping my fingers crossed, banned). :nutz

:facepalm: