Dr. Tom happy for Gill getting the KU job

Nexus

Got to love it people are already bi&!hing.... here

Congrats to Turner. I am sure he will do well

Stay classy Jayhawks! :thumbs

I've said this before, but once he starts winning all we will hear from KU fans is how excited everyone was to get him and that NU was foolish to pass him up. Typical Kansas bullsh#t!

The most disappointing thing to me about all this though is the amount of thinly veiled racist comments I've read in many of the comment sections of these articles.

Example:

brothertim wrote on 12/12/2009 11:09:31 PM:

First, hope he does better than barry obama, that dude is ruining our country!

ku is a liberal college, so you could see them making a hire like this.

Most likely it was his 5 - 7 record this year that was appealing to PUKINS, wait, they just fired a guy with a 5 - 7 record!

LMAO!

This kind of moronic thinking will never sit well with me. Sadly this guy actually received four thumbs up from his fellows Kansians for this drivel. :facepalm:

Turner will start with a higher and better comp package than Bo is getting now!

And by the way Turner will not need to season his skills he did that here

His skill sets make Bo look not ready for prime time.

Turner will have an offense and his play calling will not in any way resemble the mish mash we call!

I pondered this awhile back when the NU job was up for grabs between Bo & Gill and came to this conclusion.

I think Dr. Tom saw how poor our Defense had become under the CallaGrove era that he saw that as first priority in getting this program back on track.

With Bo's background in the NFL + NU, OU, LSU it probably made more sense to him versus going with an offensive minded Gill, which in part is the reason why he kept Watson at the time for continuity.

Turner will start with a higher and better comp package than Bo is getting now!

And by the way Turner will not need to season his skills he did that here

His skill sets make Bo look not ready for prime time.

Turner will have an offense and his play calling will not in any way resemble the mish mash we call!

Not a Pelini fan? :dunno

He's my favorite husker, and I wish him the best. However, I don't like the thought of playing his team each year. With his recruiting connections and coaching staff, he could be fielding some pretty stout teams in short order.

I am happy for Turner and nervous for us. Interestingly, many KU fans and some of the media here in Kansas city are not so happy. I know when coaches are hired, it can be a polarizing issue, but he and his family are coming to Lawrence and its not exactly a love fest down here right now. I guess his daughter is in KU's athletic dept. they are harping on his record. Jason Whitlock had an article in the KC Star and does not like him. here is the link: http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/1627339.html

KU fans are talking about not getting Harbaugh and that it was a lateral move from Mangino.

I feel bad for him from that perspective. I hope he is very successful and goes down as the greatest coach who ever lived who could not beat his alma mater...although this would make me jealous! happy for him and uneasy watching a great husker coach against us. I would imagine KU just got a bunch of husker fans that will pull for them now...I will be pulling for Turner... they got a great one.

here are a few more articles.

http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/1629289.html

http://www.kansascity.com/183/story/1629293.html

I am happy for Turner and nervous for us. Interestingly, many KU fans and some of the media here in Kansas city are not so happy. I know when coaches are hired, it can be a polarizing issue, but he and his family are coming to Lawrence and its not exactly a love fest down here right now. I guess his daughter is in KU's athletic dept. they are harping on his record. Jason Whitlock had an article in the KC Star and does not like him. here is the link: http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/1627339.html

KU fans are talking about not getting Harbaugh and that it was a lateral move from Mangino.

I feel bad for him from that perspective. I hope he is very successful and goes down as the greatest coach who ever lived who could not beat his alma mater...although this would make me jealous! happy for him and uneasy watching a great husker coach against us. I would imagine KU just got a bunch of husker fans that will pull for them now...I will be pulling for Turner... they got a great one.

here are a few more articles.

http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/1629289.html

http://www.kansascity.com/183/story/1629293.html

"Recruit, Beat Missouri, Recruit, Win the Big 12, Recruit"

"I did not come here to use this as a stepping stone to go to a football dynasty. I came here to make a football dynasty here at KU. Rock Chalk Jayhawk"

Biggest mancrush ever right here...

Welcome to KU Head Coach Turner Gill! Going to by my season tickets right now (and going to make the trip down from Lincoln for each one)

i live here in KC and I cant get over how ignorant KU fans are. they act like they are Notre Dame like in football tradition. They have had about 4 years of success in their 100years of having a program. All i hear here from my friends, media, and everyone else how Gill is a bad hire. He didnt even have a winning record in Buffalo, etc..... They are not smart enough to realize what Buffalo was as a program before he came there and to win there was really a huge success. they dont see the advantage having a african american coach that has the experiences he had at nebraska and is himself a proven winner.

I get really old listening to the bashing he is taking here already...it is going to be hard to root for him since KU and KU fans are so poor that it makes it hard to root for them at all!!

But i hope they learn what they have got