Does NU ever get a break, while the opponent got the screw job?

CornBall

Wake Forest v. NU, 2007. WF fans think they got screwed when there was no pass interference call on NU late in the 4th qtr. I was there, and thought the call could have gone either way. It went NU's way. WF thinks they got shafted.

It does seem like we've had a bunch of ref calls go the other way lately. Maybe that means we are due to have a few blown calls come our way.

Probably the most famous Husker Bias call was the clipping that wasn't called on the Johnny Rodgers punt return in the Game of the Century.

Ha ha! Famous yes. Bad call, no. No way that was a clip.

I will disagree. I thought it was pretty obvious. At the 44 yard line, 10 seconds in:

vJOlzDJiaDw

Off the subject - does it EVER get old listening to Lyle Bremser? Man I miss that guy.

Probably the most famous Husker Bias call was the clipping that wasn't called on the Johnny Rodgers punt return in the Game of the Century.

Ha ha! Famous yes. Bad call, no. No way that was a clip.

I will disagree. I thought it was pretty obvious. At the 44 yard line, 10 seconds in:

vJOlzDJiaDw

Off the subject - does it EVER get old listening to Lyle Bremser? Man I miss that guy.

That's no clip, my friend, that's a mugging. :moreinteresting

One of my good friends on Facebook went into a HUGE rant about the horrible officiating that shafted the Huskers out of a Big 12 Title.

And he's a aTm fan/alumn.

It's not just us.

On the thread topic - sure we've gotten away with some, but I think it balances out in the end. Hopefully we'll get a big call go our way soon on the big stage. I think +:01 may just have been penance for the Flea Kicker, the +:01 put back on in the '94 Orange, Costa over-throwing the wide open fly route to tie the '95 Orange, etc.

Something tells me we're due pretty soon...

Penn State, 1982(?) Are you kidding me? Worst call in football history.

Agreed, that is the worst call ever, but the topic of this thread is calls that were bad that went in our favor.

Penn State, 1982(?) Are you kidding me? Worst call in football history.

Agreed, that is the worst call ever, but the topic of this thread is calls that were bad that went in our favor.

I know, this thread got me thinking about that, and the fact my GF's father brings it up every week during football season, and once a month during the off season.

Outside of the mid-west NU was known as a dirty team in the mid 90's. I remember hearing reports that we didn't get calls because the NCAA, and bowl sponsors, wanted NU (or any team for that matter) to win, and not another Florida team, especially Miami. Although outside of the miracle in Missouri play, I cannot offer any huge plays where that may of been the case.

Outside of the mid-west NU was known as a dirty team in the mid 90's. I remember hearing reports that we didn't get calls because the NCAA, and bowl sponsors, wanted NU (or any team for that matter) to win, and not another Florida team, especially Miami. Although outside of the miracle in Missouri play, I cannot offer any huge plays where that may of been the case.

Speaking of "dirty teams," did anyone else catch the ESPN show by that independent filmmaker about the Miami Hurricanes? They were boasting about how they liked to swear at, spit at, and in any other way intimidate opposing players. They showed a highlight reel of fights, swearing, dirty plays and outright mockery of their opponents, then had various players from the last decade or two sitting in the studio giving interviews, laughing about it, talking about how great it was that they "scared White America."

This is exactly the kind of nonsense that makes me :facepalm: when people talk about how "bad" our team and/or fans are. We're not always Boy Scouts. But there is much, much worse out there.