Top 5 Husker games I have been to

seegreen17

I am 16 years old and have been to 80 Husker games including home, away, bowl, and conference championship games. I hope to become a future sports writer when I am older.

Wow, 80 games! Sweet. And prolly not from the nosebleed section if you’ve been to bowl games, B12 CCG games and all. I’d bet dollars to donuts your dad or mom works for UNL. That’s prolly more games than 90% of the people on this board. More than me. And I’m a UNL grad. Ha!

The Pittsburg game you mentioned--was that the one where you could see the flooding river right outside the Pitt stadium?

Im lucky enough for my grandpa to have been season ticket holders since 1962...he was part of the touchdown club...throughout my dad's family we have 8 tickets...for home games...and about the pittsburgh game it was in 2005..correction...2004 was at pitt and we won 24-17...but the game I am talking about is the one we won in Lincoln in 2005....7-6....

I have been to mostly every home game since 2001...went to a few in 99 and 00....my away/bowl/conference championships consist of the following

2001- Missouri

2001- Kansas

2003- Alamo Bowl

2006- USC

2008- Kansas State

2009- Virginia Tech

2009- Kansas

2009- Big 12 Championship

I am 16 years old and have been to 80 Husker games including home, away, bowl, and conference championship games. I hope to become a future sports writer when I am older.

Wow, 80 games! Sweet. And prolly not from the nosebleed section if you’ve been to bowl games, B12 CCG games and all. I’d bet dollars to donuts your dad or mom works for UNL. That’s prolly more games than 90% of the people on this board. More than me. And I’m a UNL grad. Ha!

The Pittsburg game you mentioned--was that the one where you could see the flooding river right outside the Pitt stadium?

Im lucky enough for my grandpa to have been season ticket holders since 1962...he was part of the touchdown club...throughout my dad's family we have 8 tickets...for home games...and about the pittsburgh game it was in 2005..correction...2004 was at pitt and we won 24-17...but the game I am talking about is the one we won in Lincoln in 2005....7-6....

I have been to mostly every home game since 2001...went to a few in 99 and 00....my away/bowl/conference championships consist of the following

2001- Missouri

2001- Kansas

2003- Alamo Bowl

2006- USC

2008- Kansas State

2009- Virginia Tech

2009- Kansas

I apologize I was just on my brother's account...I was the one who has been to these away games...and started topic...my bad

1) 1994 Colorado. got to see first hand the torn down goalposts carried out to the College Gameday set and place in front of the desk. The post originally would not fit thru the exit at gate 24, but after 100's pushed on it, it finally gave way and kinked in the middle allowing it to go thru, not to mention they were completely coated in a grease in an effortless attempt to keep people off of em. Not to mention 200th sellout, largest Memorial Stadium game to date.

2) 1993 Oklahoma. Sat 70 rows up in the south stadium with that blistering 20mph -20 wind chill breeze blowin right in our face. Lips were chapped for a week, but all worth it to see a great moment putting us back in a National Title game for first time in a decade.

3) 1991 Kansas St. was my first game, my 8th birthday present. And an awesome game nonetheless. Derek Brown going skydiving for the go ahead touchdown and the 2 tremedous pass breakups by Travis Hill on the goal line to preserve the win.

4)1991 Oklahoma. Not really remembered much, but was a huge game, and a great one, from rain to downpoor, to freezing drizzle, back to rain, followed by a full blown ice storm. Down 14-0 after the 1st two OU possessions, blackshirts proceeded to dominate, and Keithen McCant, Johnny Mitchell, Derek Brown and Calvin Jones led and awesome comback with Calvin's late 4th Qtr "official block" touchdown run. Sent us back to Orange Bowl for first time in I think was 5 years?

5) Ball State 2007. OH WHAT AN EXCITING GAME!!! :facepalm: Looked at my brother midway thru 4th qtr., my exact words being "We're seeing the beginning of the end for Callahan right before our eyes" . It was so obvious there was something wrong with that team and as bad as it was, it was a Nebraska kid Bo Ruud that continued to play his all, saving the day. This game as it turned out did signify the beginning of the end for Billber, that's why it's memorable to me.

VA Husker:

My list and your list is almost exactly the same. I didnt attend the A-M game and I would definately put the Fiesta Bowl when we beat Florida. My Dad and I went and it would be my #1. The rest of your list is probably close to mine. I was about 8 yrs old on the bounce-a-roosky and was even at Norman in the rain with the defensive stand (was it Harris who knocked away the pass....I stormed the field to find Mike Knox (LB)....I was still too young to do that

Didn't even list all of the OU-CU- games in Lincoln when we won big 8 titles and stormed field, CELEBRATION blarred on sound system and goal posts came down. Oh, the good ole' days.

2001- Missouri

2001- Kansas

2003- Alamo Bowl

2006- USC

2008- Kansas State

2009- Virginia Tech

2009- Kansas

I apologize I was just on my brother's account...I was the one who has been to these away games...and started topic...my bad

That is a list that every single person on this board would envy. I know I do. Only been to a couple of home games in the past several years. Saw us beat Penn State in a 2003 night game. Watched teh KU game from a skybox a few years back. Other than that, I'm a living room spectator.

3. I think it was 2001 Rice when they handed out those cards and the stadium made a flag, that was a great moment of mine.

That 2001 Rice game featured one of the best pass plays I've seen by the Huskers, too. Crouch to Wilson Thomas, where Thomas laid out and caught the ball and hit the pylon as he caught it for the score. Really neat bang-bang play.

Definitely one of my favorite memories at a Memorial Stadium...

As for my top 5 games (in no particular order)

'02 Texas-- I had gotten to know DeJuan Groce through my cousin and his punt return late in the fourth is still one of the loudest times I've heard at the stadium. Great game despite the ending.

'06 Texas-- I thought we had avenged the '02 game... the snow, the atmosphere was so... just plain ol happy?

'07 USC-- The game really didn't turn out the way we hoped. But the week building up to it, the day off, and the crowd before the game... I haven't seen the Stadium quite like that before or since (but I haven't been to all of them...) And I guess this just sticks out to me more than some of the others.

'08 Colorado-- by the time we were set to kick the go-ahead field goal, I was on the sideline. And it is just a different feeling being on the field when the stadium is going nuts.

'09 Oklahoma/Texas -- finally beating Oklahoma in recent memory... but it didn't have that feeling for me like I had hoped (I guess I was immediately ready to keep looking forward after the clock hit 00:00... like I did facing Texas... but I guess that was just a second too soon). And for the Texas game, I thought we were finally going to overcome all of the shortcomings of this year's team and win a pretty big game!

1.) Texas 2009...never in my days seen a defensive performance like that

2.) Notre Dame 2001...last game I went to when we were on the national picture

3.) Colorado 2008...

4.) @ USC 2006...LA was a ton of fun, and I got an appearance on Gameday!

5.) USC 2007...Never seen a crowd like that before a game. Husker!-Power! was incredible

1. Oklahoma 2009

2. Colorado 2008

3. @ Kansas 2009

4. Colorado 2000

5. Kansas 2008

Hard for me to put any Callahan era games in here... otherwise games such as Kansas 2006 would be in contention

Hardest games to swallow...

1. Iowa State 2009

2. Oklahoma State 2007

3. Ball State 2007

4. Missouri 2008

5. Texas 2006

6. Texas Tech 2005

7. Texas 2002

Notice how there are more listed in the hard to swallow??

1. @Missouri 97- I didn't see the catch because I sitting behind the band

2. Michigan State in the Alamo bowl- 2002. Watching Ritchie Incognito go bi-polar on everyone was fun(including his own teammates) was a ball. Also Bo's first head coaching job

3. Notre Dame in South Bend 2000- really a home game

4. Notre Dame in Lincoln 2001. This was my dad's last game he went to. Shelly Smith, the Espn correspondant, is a very close friend of my sisters and she came up and sat with dad at half time He just blushed the whole time from the attention.

5. B12 championship 99(yikes, I think) in the Alamo bowl.

1. 95 Orange Bowl - Only 5 years old so don't exactly remember the game, only from the many times I have watched it on tape since. Main reason it was #1 is because it was Dr. Tom's first national championship.

2. 98 Orange Bowl - Can definitely remember this one and I'll never forget Dr. Tom's farewell speech after the game. Husker football is something that my family takes great pride in and even at a young age it was something that was very special to me. Growing up I was told all kinds of stories about Osborne which made a special day for me.

3. 01 Oklahoma - After being at the 00 game in Norman and thinking that we were going to destroy everyone after taking a 14-0 lead, it was sweet revenge to take down OU in Lincoln. And the "play" was one of the craziest I have seen Memorial Stadium.

4. 09 Oklahoma - Loudest I can ever remember hearing Memorial Stadium for an entire game. I love defense and watching our defense play that game was amazing. With all the talk of a collapse our defense stepped up that game as if to say they wouldn't let this team collapse.

5a. 08 Colorado - The "kick" was another of the craziest I have ever seen Memorial Stadium.

5b. 09 Big XII Championship - It was amazing to watch our defense absolutely disrupt Texas all night and to have that feeling back when I watched the clock hit :00 and celebrate like we had won. Also probably one of the worst feelings when it was all taken away with the :01 being put back on and the kick going through.

2003 Penn State-Big game seeing how they embarrassed us the year before, 40-7. Never forget Josh Davis going up the middle for 179 'tough' yards.

05 Alamo Bowl vs Michigan-A flat out show of disrespect by some Michigan fans prior to the game made this one mean something even more than just a crazy game. Ola Dagunduro picking up a Chad Henne fumble, and Cory Ross taking it to the house to start the comeback. Terrence Nunn was money that night.

06 Texas-We're righting some wrongs, right? Well, almost. To this day I've never been so distraught after a loss. I will say though, it is one of the best football games I have ever seen. Brandon Jackson's touchdown run is the reason he's my favorite all-time player. Never forget the stands shaking when Lucky pulled up to throw to Swift on the Halfback Option Pass.

09 Oklahoma-Never and I mean never has the crowd been so electric from start to finish. It was the best defensive performance I have ever witnessed from the Blackshirts. Asante's hit on Tennell, O'Hanlon pretty much playing centerfield all game long. One game that I will never, ever forget.

09 Big 12 Championship Game-It hurts. I've never gone from being so elated, thinking we won, to so deflated. We just to have to bide our time until October 16, 2010.

All the games I've been to:

2002 Troy State

2003 Penn State

2005 Pittsburgh

2005 Alamo Bowl vs Michigan

2006 Texas

2006 Big 12 Championship Game vs OU

2007 Texas A&M

2008 San Jose State

2008 Mizzou

2008 Colorado

2009 Arkansas State