2010/2011 Preseason Poll

Early bird preview on Nationalchamps.net already has a preseason poll for next season.

They claim that their top ten is always almost identical to that of the preseason AP poll released months later.

But what really matters is that the huskers are #12 in the poll, which is only 11 spots off of from the correct placement. :koolaid2::koolaid2:

http://nationalchamps.net/

2010 Early Bird

Top 25 Preview

1. Alabama

2. Boise State

3. Oregon

4. Florida

5. Ohio State

6. TCU

7. Texas

8. Georgia Tech

9. Iowa

10. Miami FL

11. Penn State

12. Nebraska

13. Southern California

14. Cincinnati

15. North Carolina

16. Oklahoma

17. Oregon State

18. Virginia Tech

19. West Virginia

20. Houston

21. Louisiana State

22. Wisconsin

23. Georgia

24. Arkansas

25. Missouri

Oh no hard feelings at all.

I really don't put much stock into these polls either, I just thought it was cool Nebraska is getting some love again.

With that said our offense is going to have to get a lot better to make this poll come true. Sure we return a lot of guys but what good does it do when they suck?

LOL, Mitch my first reaction to your post was... damn calm down he's never gonna come back. lol

Yeah good first post, I agree that its completely meaningless, but still fun to see Nebraska towards the top 10.

Oh no hard feelings at all.

I really don't put much stock into these polls either, I just thought it was cool Nebraska is getting some love again.

With that said our offense is going to have to get a lot better to make this poll come true. Sure we return a lot of guys but what good does it do when they suck?

Well, looking at Nebraska's schedule next year, they have a pretty easy one...other than a possible problem with Washington or OSU, the main competition that they will have to deal with is really just the North Division of the Big XII.

That easy looking schedule could actually hurt Nebraska in the rankings unless they come out and blow some of the weaker teams out - which is not looking real likely unless they do a total revamp on this offense. I would say a 12th in the rankings is quite generous.

BTW...did I say that rankings are kind of like opinions, which are like A-holes...everyone has one, and some are just smellier than others....and they don't mean much.

What really sucks though is that these preseason polls really may end up mattering IMO.

I think most of us will agree that they don't mean too much, but in the end, I think these polls do have an impact (which then leads to the 'when should the first polls be released' discussion). Granted, if you win, you'll rise... but when a race is tight between a couple teams, where you started in those preseason and early polls can give you a nice head start.

Here's the link to what they have to say about NU's 2010 season

Linky-Dinky-Doo

There's really no new or surprising information but to summarize....

The expectations that head coach Bo Pelini bought with him to Lincoln included improving the leaking defense as ‘priority one’, and boy, howdy…did he do a magnificent job this past season with that side of the ball. Just two seasons ago, Nebraska’s historical drop-off (never before had NU allowed 400+ points in a season; allowed 455 in 2007) meant they finished as the nation's 112th ranked defense. Granted Heisman Finalist Ndamukong Suh is moving on to be a possible No. 1 overall NFL draft pick, but the term "Blackshirt" also signifies the true team concept. And it's been working, again with intimidation most have come to expect. Looking at the depth chart numbers...with ten starters back, the offense would appear to be the strength. But everyone knows offensive production has been struggling…predictable for the most part because the Huskers are no threat to throw the football. The same formula looks to stay true in 2010...play solid defense, pound the ball with that big I-Back (Helu), get some efficiency out of the QB (which has yet to be found with Lee), and compete for the lesser Big 12 North Division. As proven, anything can happen in that Conference Title tilt. Such a road map almost unfolded for this team that way in '09. The difference this time around is that the offense does have a better outlook. Now it's just a matter of competing with the South Division powers. Nebraska will enter their regular season rematch with Texas at home in mid-October, likely with a 5-0 record and a Top 10 ranking. Whether we start the polls now or at the midway point of season, how does/will a school such as this – with such a weak non-conference schedule – really measure? A Top 10 ranking at some point is inevitable if their record remains clean by then.

With the abysmal schedule that we have...we're going to need all the pre-season hype we can get next year. The higher we start, the better chance we have of staying near the BCS bowl rankings. If we start too low, we might not have the SOS to move us up significantly enough.

All you people can bash the preaseason polls all you want, give the ahole opinion metaphor, whatever, but keep in mind, that when we're on the positive end of the preaseason polls, it does nothing but helps us.

With the abysmal schedule that we have...we're going to need all the pre-season hype we can get next year. The higher we start, the better chance we have of staying near the BCS bowl rankings. If we start too low, we might not have the SOS to move us up significantly enough.

All you people can bash the preaseason polls all you want, give the ahole opinion metaphor, whatever, but keep in mind, that when we're on the positive end of the preaseason polls, it does nothing but helps us.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!