Heard Chris Williams is no longer with the team

OKHUSKER

Knappl I don't know if I consider one solid backup to probable starters David, Compton and Fisher solid depth. If you can name me two quality LB's for backups at each LB position then I can see your point but pointing out one true frosh that was a terror on ST and didnt even play in the base or nickel doesn't really prove to me anything. I am saying he is a hell of a talent. I'm not doubting what has been said about his lack of work ethic and no I don't want people like that on the team. However, there can be no debate on him being a hell of a talent, one that again has left the program for a multitude of reasons. I'm more coming from last year when Compton and Fisher were redshirts but when you have to insert Holt or May and we were already playing Wortman somethings wrong. In the last two years we have lost four star Lawrence to injury, four star Dillard to graduation and four star Williams left the program all while gaining a very good four star juco and a three star high schooler. That's just at the LB spot and not even considering decommits.

Knappl I don't know if I consider one solid backup to probable starters David, Compton and Fisher solid depth. If you can name me two quality LB's for backups at each LB position then I can see your point but pointing out one true frosh that was a terror on ST and didnt even play in the base or nickel doesn't really prove to me anything. I am saying he is a hell of a talent. I'm not doubting what has been said about his lack of work ethic and no I don't want people like that on the team. However, there can be no debate on him being a hell of a talent, one that again has left the program for a multitude of reasons. I'm more coming from last year when Compton and Fisher were redshirts but when you have to insert Holt or May and we were already playing Wortman somethings wrong. In the last two years we have lost four star Lawrence to injury, four star Dillard to graduation and four star Williams left the program all while gaining a very good four star juco and a three star high schooler. That's just at the LB spot and not even considering decommits.

You raise good points. I don't know how to alleviate your concerns except with this - Under Bo's tutelage the players he inherited went from being the worst defense in program history to the #2 scoring defense in the land, we had a Heisman Finalist who won four major awards, we placed several guys on several all-conference teams, and despite having an offense that'll make your eyes bleed, we were four points away from 12-1, a Conference Championship and a BCS bowl.

Yes, we've lost guys. Every program that goes through a coaching transition loses guys. I'm sure we're ebbing down with the attrition rates, and (if I remember correctly) we've lost fewer guys with Bo than we did when Callahan took over.

As far as Chris Williams, everyone agrees that all reports had him as a bad fit for the program. Yeah, he's talented, but no matter how talented he is, if he doesn't fit the programs needs in all phases, he's worthless to us.

He had a bad attitude and asked to be released from the team. Honestly I wish all people like him made the decision like that. If you aren't passionate about the sport and this team than I don't want you hear. I'm sure Bo told him the same thing, so he asked to be let go.

He had a bad attitude and asked to be released from the team. Honestly I wish all people like him made the decision like that. If you aren't passionate about the sport and this team than I don't want you hear. I'm sure Bo told him the same thing, so he asked to be let go.

Given the new World Herald article, the kid sounds like a cry-baby. His rehab goes slower than expected but he's in his red shirt season. Sorry, but the kids who can't work to make a difference at the D1 level instead of merely relying on their natural gifts, gifts that got them attention in high school, aren't worth the time. If anything, he is damaged goods and I only see him playing at a juco or non bcs div 1 school now. Good riddance.