2000's Husker All Decade Team

holvy83

Personally at QB I would take Zac Taylor over either of them.

Suh is the best defensive player in Nebraska history.

Cory Ross give the team mates that our great running backs had would have been one of the very best.

Incognitto on any list is like running Phillips for president.

The dirtiest player in college football and now pro football. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZER!!!!!

Kinda going along with this thread who does everyone think was the best Husker to put on the uniform this decade? I think it is between Crouch and Suh and i am going to have to go with Crouch for the simple fact that he won the Heisman. But Suh is right there.

Really? If this year taught us nothing, it taught us that the Heisman is perhaps the most flawed thing in all of college football. I wouldn't use the Heisman as a barometer for anything pertaining to "greatness." It's a mess.

In a debate between Crouch and Suh, I ask when would I see the next Eric Crouch, or the next Ndamukong Suh? I think we see an Eric Crouch every couple of years or so. I think we see a Suh every generation or so. I'd go with Suh.

Crouch vs. Suh? Not sure if any of you watch The Office but a couple weeks ago Jim tricks Dwight showing the office who would win if Dwight fights Dwight. Not sure if I want to take on this debate. By the way, the office has not been that great for a couple seasons now....

How many years did Suh have the domination he had this year? Crouch was very solid for 4 years at Nebraska. Suh....18 months.

Not to those picking Ganz over Crouch...Like others have said Crouch was a threat to score (passing or running) on every single play. Did you have that same feeling with Ganz? Be serious now.

Crouch run the option, oh for sure.

The option is which way does Eric run the ball.

Worst thing that ever happened to Nebraska football.

Newcombe had an ego problem? Look at Hypsman boy for attitude/ego and the rest!

know what you are saying, both of them had ego problems and Crouch even quit didn't he? But after Crouch was named full time starter I felt Newcombe didn't play up his end either. As far as a Decade team, he would be off my list.

If we're running an Option offense the conversation begins and ends with Crouch.

If it's a "traditional" offense, I'd strongly consider Zac Taylor over Joey Ganz. Zac is one of my favorite Huskers ever, and tough as nails. Imagine that guy on a decent team with Bo's defense. That's a solid team, that is.

+1 Taylor over Ganz no doubt. :thumbs

Crouch was the chosen one during his days.

Suh has fought through our worst coaching situation in history.

Coaching changes normally are problems, but he has flourished since the first day of the Brothers Pelini arrival.

Suh bleeds Husker Red to the quick. Crouch bleeds Crouch. It is all about Crouch.

Sorry he is not one of my favorite Huskers by any means.

Back then I was what you would call some what of an insider. The things I heard back then were not the best by any means.

Deangello Evans and Crouch were the same in my oppinion. Both should have stayed off the team.

We certainly would have suffered without him, but the program as a whole would have been better. A single player can not run the team no matter his ability.

I definitely wouldn't be running the option.

That's all well and good, but here in the real world we ran the option and Eric Crouch won the Heisman Trophy. If he isn't your QB than I am going to have trouble taking anything you say seriously, ever.

PFFT...

You and many people have a love affair with Eric Crouch. If that's your thing great. We all have different opinions.

I would not be running the option offense and having said that Eric Crouch would NOT be my quarterback. By a long shot.

Personally I would have taken a win over Miami in the 2001 National championship game over a run happy/heisman winning quarterback any day of the week.

To each his own.

That's all well and good, but here in the real world we ran the option and Eric Crouch won the Heisman Trophy. If he isn't your QB than I am going to have trouble taking anything you say seriously, ever.

PFFT...

You and many people have a love affair with Eric Crouch. If that's your thing great. We all have different opinions.

I would not be running the option offense and having said that Eric Crouch would NOT be my quarterback. By a long shot.

Personally I would have taken a win over Miami in the 2001 National championship game over a run happy/heisman winning quarterback any day of the week.

To each his own.

Just so I don't get this wrong your saying if Nebraska in 2001 had Ganz instead of crouch they would have beaten Miami ?

chuckleshuffle:wtf:wtf

I think the only team in the country that could have beaten or played with Miami that night was Oregon.

They just played with us. Most of their cheer leaders wer faster than Crouch it looked like.

Never should have been on the field. Fonoti and Villa whale droppings looked like they were wearing concrete boots and were nailed to the ground. Pathetic display.

Where's the Zac Taylor love? That guy turned our offense around.....at least until this year.

Right here:

If it's a "traditional" offense, I'd strongly consider Zac Taylor over Joey Ganz. Zac is one of my favorite Huskers ever, and tough as nails. Imagine that guy on a decent team with Bo's defense. That's a solid team, that is.

PFFT...

To each his own.

Love affair with Crouch? You must have missed the Ganz :leghump: that goes on around here <_<