Bowl Plan

Okay yeah you have momentum but it's really not that important. Face it and try to express yourself in a better way than using a stupid-ass yellow figure for your feelings General Blackshirt. I'm sure you're smarter than that.

You play for pride and for the 10 wins and for the money you get, but what I'm saying is that I think it's more valuable to get experience out of what will likely be next year's QB than it is to eek out a win with Zac Lee. The future and next year specifically are more important to me than winning the Holiday Bowl. I'd rather see Green get to prove himself and work on management.

Yes, I hate that damn thing

Okay yeah you have momentum but it's really not that important. Face it and try to express yourself in a better way than using a stupid-ass yellow figure for your feelings General Blackshirt. I'm sure you're smarter than that.

You play for pride and for the 10 wins and for the money you get, but what I'm saying is that I think it's more valuable to get experience out of what will likely be next year's QB than it is to eek out a win with Zac Lee. The future and next year specifically are more important to me than winning the Holiday Bowl. I'd rather see Green get to prove himself and work on management.

Yes, I hate that damn thing

:facepalm:

:laughpound j/k

Face it and try to express yourself in a better way than using a stupid-ass yellow figure for your feelings General Blackshirt. I'm sure you're smarter than that.

I'm sure you're smarter than actually reasoning that playing for experience is a better idea than trying to win the game. Should we play all freshmen? Say I do a bit of adjusting to your following quote, then what would you say?

but what I'm saying is that I think it's more valuable to get experience out of what will likely be next year's QB DT than it is to eek out a win with Zac Lee Ndamukong Suh.

Why not just play Baker instead of Suh? After all, the Holiday Bowl is meaningless in comparison to gaining experience for next year, right? And Suh's already proven himself to NFL scouts, so we won't be hurting him there. Here's the differences between the two:

Benching Zac/Playing Cody

+ Added experience for Cody

- Probably perform worse than the offense would with Zac (not really disputable since Zac is the one the coaches play instead of Cody)

- There's no guaruntee Cody will be better than Zac next year. Zac is better now, so why won't he be better then? You can't just assume Cody will automatically become the savior to this offense in this offseason, unless you can predict the future or something.

Benching Suh/Playing Baker

+ Added experience for Baker

- Defense performs worse

+ There is a guaruntee Baker will be a better player for us next year than Suh will, considering Suh will no longer be with us.

Actually, it appears benching Suh would be more beneficial to the future than Zac Lee. Do you want to do that, too?

Face it and try to express yourself in a better way than using a stupid-ass yellow figure for your feelings General Blackshirt. I'm sure you're smarter than that.

I'm sure you're smarter than actually reasoning that playing for experience is a better idea than trying to win the game. Should we play all freshmen? Say I do a bit of adjusting to your following quote, then what would you say?

but what I'm saying is that I think it's more valuable to get experience out of what will likely be next year's QB DT than it is to eek out a win with Zac Lee Ndamukong Suh.

Why not just play Baker instead of Suh? After all, the Holiday Bowl is meaningless in comparison to gaining experience for next year, right? And Suh's already proven himself to NFL scouts, so we won't be hurting him there. Here's the differences between the two:

- Probably perform worse than the offense would with Zac (not really disputable since Zac is the one the coaches play instead of Cody)

- There's no guaruntee Cody will be better than Zac next year. Zac is better now, so why won't he be better then? You can't just assume Cody will automatically become the savior to this offense in this offseason, unless you can predict the future or something.

- Defense performs worse

+ There is a guaruntee Baker will be a better player for us next year than Suh will, considering Suh will no longer be with us.

Actually, it appears benching Suh would be more beneficial to the future than Zac Lee. Do you want to do that, too?

Royally Pwned!

Suh has a chance to add yet more footage to his highlight reel for the pros on draft day. Let him have this moment. It is the least we can do for him after he came back this season and did what he did. Baker will have to learn during the offseason, spring drills and fall camp. Anyone who thinks that Baker can get a bunch of experience and suddenly be a much improved player just because he gets most of the snaps in the Holiday is off their rocker.

Say I do a bit of adjusting to your following quote, then what would you say?

Say I do a bit of adjusting to your quote. Like the whole thing. It would then say "I think Bo Pelini should quit and we should rehire Callahan." Then I could go on a huge argument with an impressive pro/con system which I will designate with + and - to really drive the point home. However, that doesn't change the fact that I said absolutely nothing about Suh or Baker. At all. So really, in the end, you're arguing with a quote you yourself wrote. Let that sink in a minute - you're arguing with yourself. Nice job.

You're absolutely right, playing all freshman for added experience does not make sense. However, Baker has not challenged Suh once this year for playing time. At no point in the season did he come close to being better than Suh was.

Green and Lee however has been a much tighter battle. They're essentially equal other than the fact that Lee has had more experience and they use him to manage the game. Since the coaches are obviously flirting with the idea of putting him into the game, that means they think he can do just as good if not better than Lee. Hence, play Green the whole game and see what he can do (unless he royally fu#*$ up of course) to give him the experience that Lee has had.

If you really think that Baker and Suh is as close a competition that Lee and Green has been, you're out of your f'ing mind. The coaches have said they will be putting Green in. Thus, I said do it for the whole game and give him experience. If Lee were Peyton Manning I wouldn't be saying that would I? But when both of your options are more or less equal, play the guy who will be here longer and see what happens.

Plus, if our O-Line collapses like it has at times, I'd rather have the dude who can run it, not the dude who almost pitches it to someone who isn't even there.

And then we come to this little gem:

- Defense performs worse

Yeah you're right, by your flawless + and - system, from which you generated a total of 6 impressive bulletpoints, you've clearly shown me that benching Suh would be more beneficial to the future than Zac Lee. Great work. Because these awesome points you have here accurately weigh the pros and cons of two entirely separate positions.

Exactly, General Blackshirt.

I'm almost concerned the coaches don't feel this is a must-win game, though. They are certainly downplaying it.

Bo chewed his own brother's ass for a td at the end of the CU game that had no impact on the outcome of the game. I find it real hard believe this guy considers the bowl an exhibition-game. He hates to lose.

Exactly, General Blackshirt.

I'm almost concerned the coaches don't feel this is a must-win game, though. They are certainly downplaying it.

Bo chewed his own brother's ass for a td at the end of the CU game that had no impact on the outcome of the game. I find it real hard believe this guy considers the bowl an exhibition-game. He hates to lose.

haha, his head nearly popped off as they walked off the field.