ATH Kain Colter

It's kind of a funny situation as far as I can tell. It looks like NU is slow-playing Colter, who is slow-playing Northwestern. Of course, I could be wrong in this assessment. :dunno

Meanwhile, I'm beginning to think that Godfrey might be the best of the three. After watching the film I have concerns about Carnes' accuracy and Colter's arm health. But Godfrey looks really good. The kid just seems to have that innate football IQ and moxie that only certain players have.

But I honestly like all three more than Gabbert. And that's not just the talk of a spurned fan.

It's kind of a funny situation as far as I can tell. It looks like NU is slow-playing Colter, who is slow-playing Northwestern. Of course, I could be wrong in this assessment. :dunno

Meanwhile, I'm beginning to think that Godfrey might be the best of the three. After watching the film I have concerns about Carnes' accuracy and Colter's arm health. But Godfrey looks really good. The kid just seems to have that innate football IQ and moxie that only certain players have.

But I honestly like all three more than Gabbert. And that's not just the talk of a spurned fan.

I like Godfrey too but it doesn't sound like we're pursuing him as hard as Carnes & Colter, which is why I said if we lose out on those two then forget about pursuing another QB.

But on the flipside, if Godfrey told us he'd commit if given an offer on the spot, then I'd be all for it too because I really like what I've seen from his films. Like you said, he seems to have that innate ability. I'd be happy with any of those three.

I really want this kid for some reason. I hope waiting on Carnes and Cooper doesn't send him to Northwestern. If Carnes commits, Colter can try to compete at QB and then if it doesn't work, he has the athlitic ability to move positions.

** I want kids who WANT to be a Husker. Obviously, he wants to be, or he would have given NW and answer. Plus, with his friend Kenny Bell, they will hopefully push each other and feel comfortable here.

** I was watching the 97 Orange Bowl earlier while running and noticed that one of the LB (I can't think of his name right at this moment) was listed at 6'1 215.....and played well vs Tennessee. If Colter can gain 30 pounds, and still run 4.6, hell, he could see some LB or SS, let alone his WR listing.

I hope we offer this kid soon !!!!! A passionate 3 * is more valuable than an unsure 4-5 * IMO

Did Colter commit somewhere today or did he simply eliminate us?

Why do you say that? His Rivals page doesn't show any changes. Did you hear/see something elsewhere?

Can't blame him if he commits to Northwestern though. We are seriously slow-playing the kid. It happens all the time in recruiting, in both directions; but I still can't blame a kid or school for moving in another direction when getting slow-played.

Committed to Northwestern

Not surprising. He was high on them from the get go. I wish the young man luck.

:yeah Northwestern is an excellent school academically, and I know that is something that was extremely high on Colter's list. So I think he made the right choice for himself after Stanford played lame games with his application. I'm happy for him.

Committed to Northwestern

Not surprising. He was high on them from the get go. I wish the young man luck.

:yeah Northwestern is an excellent school academically, and I know that is something that was extremely high on Colter's list. So I think he made the right choice for himself after Stanford played lame games with his application. I'm happy for him.

I agree. Northwestern is a school that will commit to making him a QB which is what he wanted as well as a prestigous education.