Thank you Dr. Tom Osborne!!!!

schuhbdoo

In a weird way, I think Bo needed those 4 years to grow as a College Coach. Remember that NU was his first College job in a long time, after 8-9 years or so in the pros. He learned a lot about what it takes to be a winning program from OU and LSU and I think it is paying dividends in how he is trying to build the NU program back up now.

We also would not have Papuchis or Ekeler if he would have gotten the job right away in 2003.

We are lucky to have Bo. That is a major statement for me, as I was totally against him coming here.

But due to my past feelings I still think he would have failed initially. He needed time to understand the college systeem, recruiting and getting his temper some what under control.

Without Tom here he would not have succeeded is my guess. He has a solid rudder to talk with and learn from, he would not have had that with Peterson.

Timing worked out perfectly it appears. He is well on his way to becoming a good head coach. And his motiviational skills are taking Nebraska back to where we need to be.

Thanks Petereson for not hiring Bo back in 2003, and thanks to the booster that brought Bo back. He certainly knew more than I did. Thanks to Coach Osborne for sealing the deal.

Who is Bo Polini?

osborn was not too smart recommending solich as head coach..or have you forgotten...that was one of his few mistakes

I don't think that Dr Tom was the AD when Solich was hired. I do think Dr Tom was instrumental in hiring Bo Polini two years ago.

I think when Dr Tom recommended Solich as his replacement back in 2003 it was out of loyalty. Polini didn't have any the experience or tenure/history that Solich had.

I have been happy all day that Dr Tom made this hire.

I hope I don't get hammered for mis-spelling a word or last name.

Seriously do you know anything? Osborne retired after the 1997 season not 2003.

Who is Bo Polini?

osborn was not too smart recommending solich as head coach..or have you forgotten...that was one of his few mistakes

I don't think that Dr Tom was the AD when Solich was hired. I do think Dr Tom was instrumental in hiring Bo Polini two years ago.

I think when Dr Tom recommended Solich as his replacement back in 2003 it was out of loyalty. Polini didn't have any the experience or tenure/history that Solich had.

I have been happy all day that Dr Tom made this hire.

I hope I don't get hammered for mis-spelling a word or last name.

I'm not gonna hammer you for misspellings, but rather your facts. It was actually in 1997 that Tom recomended Solich as his replacement. :thumbs

How are there seriously Husker fans that don't know how to spell BO PELINI correctly, let alone TOM OSBORNE?

:yeah

Yo VWHusker,

Been following NU since the early sixties. Born in Omaha, parents moved to cali in 63. So by 1967, I was watching Husker games on TV and following them. Vague memories of Johnny Rodgers/OU battles in the early 70's.

Attached is an article from the journalstar,(june 2009), a paid journalist spelled Pelini as Polini.

Not sure if you have the time to lead a campaign to fire this person or maybe just blow it off as no big deal.

I actually have a Huskers sticker on my car and wear husker gear at the gym, so I must be legit, right?

I will not question how long or how legit of a fan you are, so please don't dismiss a fan because a O and E in a quick spelling of a name. I have relative that is dating a starter, so I do spend a lot of time following the team but I may make a typo here and there. Just bear with me. I will not slam you for mis-spelling. I might even spell your handle correctly next time.

But guess what, I was just trying to say thanks to Dr. Tom for hiring Mr. Pelini.

the Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:00 am | No Comments Posted

Font Size:

Default font size

Larger font size

Niles Paul (Huskers.com)

Nebraska receiver Niles Paul on Wednesday entered not guilty pleas on three charges he faces in Lancaster County Court.

Paul, 19, pleaded not guilty to reckless driving, being a minor in possession of alcohol and driving under suspension. The charges stem from an early-morning April 12 traffic stop performed by a Nebraska State Patrol trooper.

The trooper originally cited Paul for driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license and being a minor in possession of alcohol after he was pulled over for speeding near Capitol Parkway West on U.S. 77, according to NSP.

A bench trial was scheduled for July 6 in county court.

Paul, a member of the 2008 Academic All-Big 12 second team, started four games as a sophomore last season. He caught 23 passes for 214 yards and also handled kickoff return duties. Coach Bo Polini suspended Paul for the remainder of spring practice, as well as the Spring Game, following his arrest.

Posted in Local on Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:00 am

How are there seriously Husker fans that don't know how to spell BO PELINI correctly, let alone TOM OSBORNE?

:yeah

Yo VWHusker,

Been following NU since the early sixties. Born in Omaha, parents moved to cali in 63. So by 1967, I was watching Husker games on TV and following them. Vague memories of Johnny Rodgers/OU battles in the early 70's.

Attached is an article from the journalstar,(june 2009), a paid journalist spelled Pelini as Polini.

Not sure if you have the time to lead a campaign to fire this person or maybe just blow it off as no big deal.

I actually have a Huskers sticker on my car and wear husker gear at the gym, so I must be legit, right?

I will not question how long or how legit of a fan you are, so please don't dismiss a fan because a O and E in a quick spelling of a name. I have relative that is dating a starter, so I do spend a lot of time following the team but I may make a typo here and there. Just bear with me. I will not slam you for mis-spelling. I might even spell your handle correctly next time.

But guess what, I was just trying to say thanks to Dr. Tom for hiring Mr. Pelini.

the Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:00 am | No Comments Posted

Font Size:

Default font size

Larger font size

Niles Paul (Huskers.com)

Nebraska receiver Niles Paul on Wednesday entered not guilty pleas on three charges he faces in Lancaster County Court.

Paul, 19, pleaded not guilty to reckless driving, being a minor in possession of alcohol and driving under suspension. The charges stem from an early-morning April 12 traffic stop performed by a Nebraska State Patrol trooper.

The trooper originally cited Paul for driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license and being a minor in possession of alcohol after he was pulled over for speeding near Capitol Parkway West on U.S. 77, according to NSP.

Paul, a member of the 2008 Academic All-Big 12 second team, started four games as a sophomore last season. He caught 23 passes for 214 yards and also handled kickoff return duties. Coach Bo Polini suspended Paul for the remainder of spring practice, as well as the Spring Game, following his arrest.

Yo VWHusker,

Font Size:

Default font size

Larger font size

Niles Paul (Huskers.com)

I dont know what your problem is....but if you look again..i didnt make the statement...i just agreed with it...so before you try to bash me ...get ur facts straight...and for the record if a paid journalist spells Pelini's name wrong it would not just be a ' o no" that is one of the first things they teach in journalism is to spell names correctly

Who is Bo Polini?

VW

This is your first post, # 3. Is this not the first mention of my mis-spelling? From that point in the thread several people jumped on board to mock and ???? my intelligence!!!

Get your facts straight please.

I copied and pasted the article from Journalstar to show you if you do a google search of his name, it is mis-spelled by people being paid to spell it.

Yeah that!!!!! Another reference to a incorrect spelling.

I wasn't a huge fan of his hirings at first. I was hoping for Turner Gill (please ck spelling), Bo was the right choice. We do now have to compete against Gill but I am glad Bo was the choice. That was the true intention of this topic.

I personally enjoy your posts and I look for specific authors on topics on here, so if it was just a joke, then my apologies. Misunderstandings do happen. Do a google search and put in Mike Leach.