So... Do we root for Texas?

It's been a few weeks now. Anyone who wanted to see them lose change their minds? I personally still hope they lose, because I can't stand Mac Brown and think he is an incredibly overrated coach. Give Pelini Texas athletes and they'd be in the title game every year. As much as I like to see the Big 12 do well, I just can't root for Texas or Missouri anymore. Hopefully Texas plays close enough so our conference doesn't get embarrassed, but I still want to see McCoy and Brown with a big L to end the year.

I've always rooted for the Big XII in bowl season, so yes I'll be rooting for UT.

FWIW, I ran across a snippet of an article yesterday from a bookie site that said people might want to reconsider betting against UT now after the shellacking that NU gave Arizona. Their reasoning was that it wasn't a fluke what NU did with UT and felt that NU is probably an even tougher defense than Bama.

I ran across a snippet of an article yesterday from a bookie site that said people might want to reconsider betting against UT now after the shellacking that NU gave Arizona. Their reasoning was that it wasn't a fluke what NU did with UT and felt that NU is probably an even tougher defense than Bama.

Carson Palmer eluded to something similar this morning during the College Gameday broadcast. He doesn't think Alabama's defense is as good as NU's.

you bet Ill pull for TX and then we beat them like a rented mule in lincoln next year. aTm and MIZ ZOU have done little to make the Big 12 look good. and by the way, wonder what Mizzou is thinking after complaining about getting into "the right" bowls and leaving to go to the Big 10 and then travelling 6K fans (alledgedly)to that woopin by a very good navy team.

I understand if you don't like Texas....if I absolutely didn't like a team, I definately wouldn't root for them. I will never root for CU or KSU, regardless of how it would make NU's reputation look.

In this case, I "dislike" Texas very much , but I also get tired of listening to ESPN talk about the SEC. And since I don't "hate" Texas, I will root for them in the NC. A win by Texas may actually push NU near the top 12 or so. Even ESPN was still commenting the the Big 12 Championship game today, so I think the voters will even reward NU more if Texas wins.

* conversly (sp), if Texas gets blown out, then the voters may not think so highly of the effort NU gave in the Big 12.

Go Texas and Big 12 (unless it is CU or KSU)