So... Do we root for Texas?

Just remember the worse Texas looks, the worse we look.

Texas kicks their asses, people will say, Hey that Nebraska team must be damned good.

Fence setters in Texas may end up here if not selected by Texas initially.

It has affect on a lot of things.

Seeing Texas embarrassed will not do Nebraska good.

Some time sleeping with the enemy has benefits. This time of year people remember the stand out games.

We have had two in a row. Being ranked higher at the end is always good.

I do not say you have to love Texas, but take one for the team. lol

i guess if UT wins big, then aTm will be a preseason top ten. <_<

people have short term memories, and we proved ourselves with our d and our 'Zona victory, who cares what texas does, and we should not have to rely on vicarious success to prove our own ability. our top ranking will come with our success on the field. the texas game will not have a bearing on our preseason rankings.

and don't forget, right now, we only have one more championship than texas, that is something we can hold over their heads. i always root for the team with the lesser number of NC's in the championship games.

Do you really want to hear about Alabama's umpteenth one?

Time to establish that we are the big dog willing to take it to Texas.

The real advantage is the Texas recruits that we might get due to the feeling of being snubbed. A better chance of them coming to Nebraska over say Oklahoma or Kansas.

May not have any merit at all, but I feel it does.

Been around this level of athlete many years. They think a little differently on things.

No I absolutely do not root for Texas in this game or any other.

:yeah

Texas and all their fans can get bent, you think you deserve your own TV station, get off your high horse. BTW one more title and the Horns are tied with the Huskers for second most titles in the conference, why would I root for them? ROLL TIDE!!

The higher Texas finishs this year the higher we finish.

Big 12 team winning vs a SEC. I really am sick of hearing how much better they are.

If they run Texas, we are not going to look to good.

A lot of positives coming from the Holiday Bowl win. Texas wins we might just squeak into the top 12. A loss we will be around the 18 area most likely.

Sometimes you have to sleep near the enemy.

The higher Texas finishs this year the higher we finish.

Big 12 team winning vs a SEC. I really am sick of hearing how much better they are.

If they run Texas, we are not going to look to good.

A lot of positives coming from the Holiday Bowl win. Texas wins we might just squeak into the top 12. A loss we will be around the 18 area most likely.

Sometimes you have to sleep near the enemy.

an enemy of an enemy is a friend.

Why root for any team that your going to have to recruit against?

Texas generally battles OU for the top recruits in the state of Texas. Texas does very little OOS recruiting. I'm not sure how many recruits Texas has gone after in a head to head battle with Nebraska since Mack Brown has been here, but if there are any, I'm sure they can be counted on one hand.

Texas doesn't deserve 5 National Titles, much less 4. Did all of you know that they claim to have a national championship in '70, splitting with us although they LOST to Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl, 24-11, while we defeated LSU in the Sugar?

Whether Texas wins or loses, Nebraska's image is still solid, and final rankings don't mean that much to me, first of all because we lost 4 games - how high should we be ranked? 2nd of all - we're definitely not finishing number 1.

I lived in Texas for 6 years - a majority of the horn fans I met had no clue who the coach was prior to Brown, nor the QB prior to Vince Young. Never did I meet a single person that had any respect for Nebraska football, or the state of Nebraska in general.

Roll Tide.

Texas doesn't deserve 5 National Titles, much less 4. Did all of you know that they claim to have a national championship in '70, splitting with us although they LOST to Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl, 24-11, while we defeated LSU in the Sugar?

Whether Texas wins or loses, Nebraska's image is still solid, and final rankings don't mean that much to me, first of all because we lost 4 games - how high should we be ranked? 2nd of all - we're definitely not finishing number 1.

I lived in Texas for 6 years - a majority of the horn fans I met had no clue who the coach was prior to Brown, nor the QB prior to Vince Young. Never did I meet a single person that had any respect for Nebraska football, or the state of Nebraska in general.

Roll Tide.

Exactly.

Roll Tide.

It says on their site they were "UPI" National Champions. If I recall that poll came out before the bowl game. Certainly doesn't justify them claiming it but, when you have 350,000 different polls, a lot of different teams claim they are the National Champions. That's also where Michigan claims they have 79 or whatever ridiculous number they try to claim.

We beat texas and we only played the game on one side of the ball... I don't see how a "complete" alabama utterly destroying texas makes us look "worse". We showed great improvement on offense in our bowl game and showed why our D is #1 - we will be ranked preseason and have a chance to win out with our schedule. If we keep our focus all year (i.e. no TTech or ISU games) we will be in national title talk.

Texas getting blown out by Alabama makes us looks every bit as bad. Texas beating Alabama, make people think just how good is that Nebraska team.

More to it than hate, but you guys gotta do what you gotta do.

I will be glewed to the big screen, hoping Texas blows Alabama out of the water.