I'm cured!

cb1954

Over the years I have been somewhat superstitious when it comes to watching or listening to NU games that are not easy wins. I think the Huskers do better when I don’t watch or listen.

My wife told me you are not a superstitious person other times why be that way with Nebraska games?

I decide she was right and by the end of this season was watching/listening to all games.

Now I can get back to things that really matter, like which chair do I sit in? What shirt to wear? How long without moving, yelling etc.

I think there was a thread posted a while ago similar to this titled "what superstitions do you have about the huskers" or something like that. But I feel you on being superstitious about the Huskers. For example, during the Arizona game I had my laptop open the entire game and as soon as I closed it Arizona got a good chunk of yards and a first down. First thing I did was open my laptop back up and order was restored. :restore One last thing, sorry to tell you... you are not cured, you have aids. I am sorry.

Over the years I have been somewhat superstitious when it comes to watching or listening to NU games that are not easy wins. I think the Huskers do better when I don’t watch or listen.

My wife told me you are not a superstitious person other times why be that way with Nebraska games?

I decide she was right and by the end of this season was watching/listening to all games.

Now I can get back to things that really matter, like which chair do I sit in? What shirt to wear? How long without moving, yelling etc.

I have the same feeling. Every time I go to my local watch site, the Huskers lose.

I have the same feeling. Every time I go to my local watch site, the Huskers lose.

Solution: go there more often.

I've developed somewhat of an odd quirk with cigarettes. If I smoke during a Husker game, bonehead plays happen and convenient penalties are called against us. If I stay glued to the TV and resist the urge to burn one while gritting through a whole quarter, we do very good and actually win.

Another one has to do with this forum. If I stay glued to the TV with the computer off, the Huskers have some clean runs. If I turn the computer on and look at this forum during a game, something always happens to us and I get to read/post about it with you fellas. We don't lose the game or anything, it's just some weird crap happens like personal fouls.

I haven't recorded any anomolies while smoking AND reading the forum during games yet.

I wore the same shirt for every game since the Missouri game in 1997, and in 2007 before the USC game, I met Stewart Mandel and he said you can definitely tell I've wore it a lot. But after that season I decided it was time to retire the shirt and got a new one. Then after the Iowa State game this year I realized I still had the same game day hat as I did in 2007, so I went and bought a new one. Voila, we were winning again. I also have to wear my black and red K-swiss shoes on game days. I tried wearing my Husker slippers during the Texas and Colorado games, and we lost and gave up the most yards all season, so I went back to the shoes. Also every game that I went to another couple's house to watch the game this year we lost. So I told my wife, there's no way in hell we're going to watch a game there next year.