Cody Green

Vince you are treading on thin ice here.

I thought I was the only one that felt that way willing to state it.

I have yet to be wrong on our starters over the last 6 years.

I think Zac will get his ducks in line if he heals. My guess is Green will transfer to.

With all of my posts I remove all emotion and just tell it like it is.

I guess "Spock" for member name must have been taken. :snacks:

I love it. That was awesome

i believe 'love' is an emotion. green just needs to settle down and get some experience, but time will tell.

live long and prosper.

I know it's hard to do as a Nebraska fan, but be logical....

The watsfense is complex, requires a lot of reads from the QB position, and the level of competition is nothing close to what cody has seen.

the odds that anyone comes into that type of situation and even appears serviceable are not very good.

I know it's not necessarily relevant, but do you think Ganz would have come into that situation as a TRfr and been the sauce? I doubt it... and he turned out to be a hell of a QB.

a RS would have been great (freaking Spano injury killed that chance), but it didn't happen. Latravis was a LB before this year.... so it's not like he had a big jump on Cody at the position.

Lee never went down, but he did suck, so why not just use Washington to push Lee, instead of burning Greens Redshirt?

:facepalm:

Lee COULD have gone down. And then the entire season is thrust on the next guy's shoulders. We're not talking about getting a guy to push Lee. We're talking about getting a guy who can be The Man if called upon.

Why do you have any amount of faith in Washington - a LB washout spending his first few months being a QB in this system? Just because he's shown nothing doesn't mean he's good. The logical flow there doesn't even make sense.

Alex, to add to what you said, it's true for ANY offense. Any true freshman QB coming in and struggling, you understand because QB is just not an easy position in any scheme to grasp, especially for a guy coming out of HS and facing D-I for the first time. The guys that can do it are extremely rare.