bo pelini

pressure on college coaches is horribly horribly bad.I see Bo pelini on the sidelines chewing the gum hope he doesnt end up like meyer having to leave the job after several years due to health concerns.how many think he will eventually mellow out and become like coach osborne?.You know chew the gum but let things go where they go.

pressure on college coaches is horribly horribly bad.I see Bo pelini on the sidelines chewing the gum hope he doesnt end up like meyer having to leave the job after several years due to health concerns.how many think he will eventually mellow out and become like coach osborne?.You know chew the gum but let things go where they go.

He does love himself some gum ;)

Some people can deal with the stress. I told my friends right away how intense he was that it was bad for his old ticker but I know a lot of people see hm out running and he pry still lifts weights. That is a great way to get that stress out of your chest. Also, having T.O above you pry helps a tad, like Bo has said, it is like having his father there for advice. that has to be a relief to an extent. He is also an active member at his church? God always helps. It will be interesting to see how things work about, he has always seems to have been an athlete and confident in himself, hopefully at this point in his life he has learned how to deal with it all and it doesn't get to the point where Urban's has.

There is absolutely no outside source that can put as much pressure on Bo as Bo himself. Fans and press can get under your skin if you are not confident. Otherwise they really have little impact on the daily business of being a coach. When Tom hired Bo he flew all the way to Atlanta to check out Bo's gum chewin skills!!! :lol: As the years go by I think Bo will settle down as far as sideline demeanor goes but at the moment he is on a lot faster pace to get to the top than even we Husker fans are. Everybody who thought the Huskers could even be talking about a possible shot at the NCG 2 years ago raise your hand. Bo came hear expecting it.

Wow. None of you guys (with the exception of irafreak, sort-of) even come close to seeing one of the most important factors in this: family history. Meyer has a family history of cardiac disease and the real problems he has stem from chest pain. This can directly be related to stress, yes, but is also significantly linked to genetics. That's why this is all such a huge deal, not because of how stressful college football coaching is for everyone.

Think about it, if it were really so incredibly stressful that it caused health problems more coaches would retire earlier and there would be more stories of health-problems.

Wow. None of you guys (with the exception of irafreak, sort-of) even come close to seeing one of the most important factors in this: family history. Meyer has a family history of cardiac disease and the real problems he has stem from chest pain. This can directly be related to stress, yes, but is also significantly linked to genetics. That's why this is all such a huge deal, not because of how stressful college football coaching is for everyone.

Think about it, if it were really so incredibly stressful that it caused health problems more coaches would retire earlier and there would be more stories of health-problems.

Consistently high levels of stress are a health risk, or more accurately, increase your risk of developing various health conditions. Genetics is also a major factor in health (for example, an otherwise active and healthy person can develop alarmingly high blood pressure and triglyceride levels at a young age with no effective treatment beyond medication...genetically predisposed, can't change it).

I'm not sure if anyone missed the genetics factor (I know I didn't), but I didn't see much point in commenting on it. I don't know whether Bo's genetics predispose him to health problems or not, nor do I really care. Bo can't do anything to change it, anyway. I do know, however, that a person can learn to properly deal with stress so it does not have such an adverse and toxic effect on the body. That is something Bo can learn to do if he needs/wants to.

T.O had a similar deal and had a bypass surgury. HE was back by the beginning of the next season. TO's stoic field demeanor should not have caused his body stress, so the origin of the problem would have been genetic.

But Meyer did look pale and weak last night.

I don't think outward appearance an demeanor has any relation to stress..you can be loaded with stress that affects your heart and never show that emotion...

You can also where your emotions on your sleeve and not have any stress on your ticker.

:yeah also, TO may have sublimated his stress by being a workaholic, which is incredibly stressful considering the strains on family relations and just the pressure the drives you to be addicted to preparation to delay the reactions of stress. people deal with stress differently, some feel so stressful they procrastinate and avoid the situation as much as they can, other feel so stressed out that they never cease to prepare because it is the only relief and a minor vent to the stress, but the reaction is a stress in and of itself. (that was very 'stream of conscious')