Cody Glenn

I haven't noticed any talk about Glenn being our fullback, replacing Todd. Last year BC didn't hardly use Todd because he is an ISO type bruiser for short yardage with little skill in turning a corner, catching or running routes. Glenn cqn do all of this and would be a great complement to the Tailback. Mike Anderson with the Broncos has been used in just that manner in the past. Because he can run so well it throws off the defense just a bit, unlike any confusion over Todd. Or to put it another way, if BC only used Todd in the one-dimentional blocking mode, why wouldn't he make a change?

I agree and think that Glenn will get worked in at Fullback but remember he is a frosh and is likely to make mistakes at RB first off. I think they want him comfortable there first. I am not saying you are implying this but its not like a guy can come in and learn 2 or 3 positions in a matter of 2 weeks of practice and be good at all of them. He will probably get trusted with one formation or more at FB this year with all the talent at RB why not?

correct me if i'm wrong - but i remember that Callahan said he would keep the "I" back name but it is really a HB position - I look for more of a pro set with the 2 backs split witn both having the ability to chip a DE and make it to the flat as an outlet receiver on a passing play (Roger Craig style of course)

:cheers

right on bob.......i agree, with Ross, Lucky, Jackson, Glenn we should see the 2 back set and some balls to them coming out of the backfield, fakes, draws, etc. with their speed and moves they should make alot of defenses a little nervous....

hunter

Jackson moved to Safety.

right on bob.......i agree, with Ross, Lucky, Jackson, Glenn we should see the 2 back set and some balls to them coming out of the backfield, fakes, draws, etc.  with their speed and moves they should make alot of defenses a little nervous....

hunter

Jackson moved to Safety.

Leon did, Brandon didn't.

I've been hearing nothing but great things about Glenn, should be a perfect 3rd down back to compliment Ross. He reminds me of the RB KSU had about 4-5 years ago, don't remember his full name, but his last name was Hall, I think the guy weighed about 260 and it took about 3 guys to take him down everytime he ran.

I've been hearing nothing but great things about Glenn, should be a perfect 3rd down back to compliment Ross. He reminds me of the RB KSU had about 4-5 years ago, don't remember his full name, but his last name was Hall, I think the guy weighed about 260 and it took about 3 guys to take him down everytime he ran.

Joe Hall is who you are thinking of

Even though my post or posts will be very, very bias about Cody, Nebraska fans will find out about Cody Glenn and his ability someday. Hopefully it will be soon, he will not be outworked in the weight room or on the field. His talent and character will shine. Nebraska fans will find out when the Cornhuskers play at Baylor what the people of Rusk think of this young man. We will be wearing red with you. The C-train is a very unique young man. Thanks

Nameless and Eric, I have heard that this guy in high school had decent cutting ability besides his power. Is that true? Does he have a quick start through the line -- good overall quickness? I don't care as much about his 40-yard dash time, although I'm sure Kennedy can help him improve that. It seems like he could be a lot better than Dan Alexander -- all he had was straight-ahead speed but lacked quickness and cutting ability.

His play this season will do the talking. He's the most powerful back on the Nebraska roster this season in my opinion. I don't see him lower then 3rd string on the roster and in my opinion, could end up second string behind cory ross. He not only posses power, but he can kick himself into different gears depending on the situation and outrun his blocker. One thing i really think he will excell in will be pass blocking for Zac Taylor and covering his blindside.

Nameless, Cody's name comes up more often than Lucky, Leon Jackson or anyone else. So that should tell us something on how good/impressive he has been..

I think your right, he could beat out both Lucky and Leon and maybe Brandon if he's not healthy.. If Brandon is healthy he keeps the # 2 spot. Still way too much to learn in such a short time for any of the new backs. IMO. With all the running plays and pass plays not to mention the blocking schemes..

If you don't have the blocking schemes down pretty good you won't see much action.. Coach Callahan said this himself a while back.

Or it could be he's just the most surprising not necessarily the best.

Even though my post or posts will be very, very bias about Cody,  Nebraska fans will find out about Cody Glenn and his ability someday.  Hopefully it will be soon, he will not be outworked in the weight room or on the field.  His talent and character will shine.  Nebraska fans will find out when the Cornhuskers play at Baylor what the people of Rusk think of this young man.  We will be wearing red with you.  The C-train is a very unique young man.  Thanks

Are you or New Husker Fan from Rusk??

Even though my post or posts will be very, very bias about Cody,  Nebraska fans will find out about Cody Glenn and his ability someday.  Hopefully it will be soon, he will not be outworked in the weight room or on the field.  His talent and character will shine.  Nebraska fans will find out when the Cornhuskers play at Baylor what the people of Rusk think of this young man.  We will be wearing red with you.  The C-train is a very unique young man.  Thanks

I'm definitly from Rusk, but I think Rhassell is from Maydelle. hehe..............

I'm definitly from Rusk, but I think Rhassell is from Maydelle. hehe..............

Cool. I went on a cruise in 2001 (we left from Corpus) and met a bunch of people from Rusk. They were on their Senior trip. They seemed like pretty cool people, and I know that Rusk isnt a very big town.